Crash The City [EP] Review

artist: radio racer date: 07/04/2008 category: compact discs
radio racer: Crash The City [EP]
Release Date: 2008
Genres: Power Pop, Pop/Rock
With a new-school approach Radio Racer really knocks it out of the park with their 3rd release "Crash the City" the combination of catchy pop-punk songs along with innovative synth lines makes this one cd you will listen to over and over.
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Crash The City [EP] Reviewed by: DarkDallasNight, on july 04, 2008

Sound: This is Radio Racer's second EP since they released Away From California in 2005 and I must say that I was surprised at how well Nick is handling the new role as the lead singer. Since Clark left the band, I have been a little weary about the bands direction and sound, but it is clear that Radio Racer have moved onto the pop-rock scene. When I first heard Nick as the new vocals on their second EP, "Scream! Shout! Let it all Out!", I was very excited because Nick had good backing vocals on Away From California. That EP was excellent and this one steps it up another level. Although I do prefer the old Radio Racer, the new Radio Racer is an excellent pop-rock band. On this EP, they have adopted the synthesizer and I think it works pretty well with the band but the synthesizer is being overused as of late. The guitars on this album are less heavier than it was on their first two EP, but they are still pretty good. There are one or two solos on the CD and a lot of riffs are reminiscent to Blink's, which is awesome because they are also from San Diego. The production of the CD is, as usual, stellar considering that Radio Racer isn't even signed any sort of label. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are pop-rock friendly and that's not a bad thing because all of the songs on this EP are extremely catchy and well written. A lot of the songs are about relationships and stuff and considering that the majority of the band is like 16-18 besides for Nick, the lyrics on this album are extremely good. Nick's voice is really cool and his voice is the perfect fit for the pop-rock driven version of Radio Racer. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, the EP is really good and all of the songs on this album are really catchy and fun to listen to. The album art is really dope and I must admit that that the new Radio Racer is impressive considering that Nick is the last of the original lineup but he's still keeping Radio Racer alive and keeping their music fresh and exciting. Radio Racer's evolution over the last few years has been impressive and there's no doubt that this release will rejuvenate the San Diego pop rock scene. // 10

More Radio Racer reviews rating latest review