Blackdoor Miracle Review

ragnarok: Blackdoor Miracle
Released: May 11, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Scandinavian Metal, Death Metal/Black Metal
Despite being slaves to these black metal genre trappings, Ragnarok find it in themselves to conjure at least two bona fide winners here, namely the title track, with its vertiginous speed-picking guitar runs.
 9.3
 8.7
 9.9
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Blackdoor Miracle Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 11, 2005

Sound: Ragnarok's raw, brutal black metal comes at you like a freight train. Loud fast guitars and pounding drums make this without a doubt one of the most brutal black metal albums I have ever heard. The quality of the music is great, not like some CD's which you have to turn your stereo up loud just to be able to hear. If anything you might have to turn your stereo down! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are of the evil/demonic type lyrics. Not all that impressive, except for Journey From Life. Those lyrics impressed me, but the words do go well with the music. Hoest's screams are very impressive. They kind of remind me of the vocals of Ihsahn's from Emperor. // 6

Overall Impression: If you ask me, this album blows most black metal albums out of the water. It's just that good. The key songs on the album are Kneel, Murder, and Journey From Life. Bless Thee For Granting Me Pain is also very good. Every fan of raw and brutal black metal should own this album! // 10

Comments