Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits Review

ramones: Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits
Released: Oct 2002
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk, New York Punk, American Punk, College Rock
This is a pretty good Ramones collection. It would be a good starting point for someone whos never heard the Ramones before. It's interesting to see Johnny's picking all his favorite Ramones songs.
 9.1
 9.1
Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits Reviewed by: pinheadslts75, on october 21, 2004

Sound: This is my first Ramones album, and boy was I pleased. Johnny Ramone takes everything about power chords and makes it amazing. I hope Blink never makes another album and puts the dead to shame. This is true punk rock. Until Nirvana, power chords and distortion never sounded so good. The discription is in the name, Raw. Songs may sound similar, Johnny may be a one trick pony, but what a pony. // 10

Lyrics: Okay, this is wher the album lags slightly. Joey is an okay singer, but some of the songs sound like they don't have a topic. Half the time they're singing about dope, though none of them did it. Other times, they have some hidden meaning, but all are catchy. // 8

Overall Impression: The Ramones are a rock classic. Though I've heard there's better greatest hits, I'm impressed. Best songs (this is long), Blitzkrieg Bop, Beat On The Brat, Judy Is A Punk, Pinhead (my favorite), We're A Happy Family, Do You Remember Rock And Roll Radio, Rock And Roll High School, I Wanna Be Sedated, Teenage Lobotomy, The KKK Took My Baby Away and I Wanna Live. A truly great album. // 10

Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits Reviewed by: GnGonzalesjoe, on may 30, 2005

Sound: If your into punk or fast music you'll like this album. The Ramones play rock music the way it should be played, loud and fast. Johnny Ramones is stricly a rhythm guitarist and skips the solos. Johnny simply plays power chords as fast as he can. Sometimes the songs all sound the same. The Ramones play so fast the songs on the CD don't past the 4 minute mark. // 10

Lyrics: Some lyrics can't be taken serious because they are so funny. Some songs have meaing behind them but don't sound like. "The KKK Took My Baby Away" is about Joey's girlfriend leaving him for Johnny. Some lyrics are simply, which makes them pretty catchy. They lyrics are very pop as in pop music. You can hear Joey inspirations of the Beach Boys and Iggy Pop in his lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression is that this cd isn't a greatest hits. Simply because other songs could of been on this CD and the album should of been a double disc. If you read the notes inside the CD booklet and you notice that this isn't really a greatest hit, but simply favorite songs done by the Ramones choosen by Johhny Ramone. Some songs left out are "California Sun," "53rd And 3rd," or "Havana Affair." I suggest buying the first 4 Ramones albums "Ramones," "Leave Home," "Rocket To Russia" and "Road To Ruin" instead of the Loud, Fast Ramoes Their Toughest Hits. If your short on cash or want to preview The Ramones for the first time then buy this CD. // 8

Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits Reviewed by: PsychoWolfD, on september 09, 2004

Sound: I'm not into most punk, but I like some classic punk such as the Ramones. Now, to me, even though the Ramones are the most untalented bands ever, they are sometimes pretty cool to listen to. No solos, just short rhythms, but some of the riffs were pretty good. Still, some songs lasted 3 minutes, some 2, and some more than a minute! The number of tracks is 30. The guitarist didn't even know how to play guitar good enough when the Ramones started out, that's what I heard. // 6

Lyrics: Some of the lyrics can be very funny! Examples are "The KKK Took My Baby Away", "Somebody Put Something In My Drink". I thought the final track "The Crusher"'s lyrics were pretty gay, but I remember liking the music for it. Some great tracks are "Blitzkrieg Bop", "Rockaway Beach", and "Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio?" Some songs can sound too much like other songs in the album, though. I'm not about to list and review all those 30 tracks! The singer is all right. At least he isn't all whiny and political and bash President Bush for no reason or anything. When he sung in "The Crusher", it was pretty gay, but I liked it when he sung in "Blitzkrieg Bop". (Rob Zombie did a cover on it and I heard it sucked!) // 8

Overall Impression: This is an ok CD to listen to when you're in the mood for it. But after all, this is just another compliation of the Ramones' work. There could be better ones. Recommended tracks are the ones I said are good on the lyrics part of the review. I still haven't heard too much of the Ramones nor got into it good enough, but I'm sure a lot of people would like it. // 8

Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 03, 2005

Sound: I love the Ramones. 'nuff said. Wait no. They're true punk. I love them. They show all the carbon copy morons on top forty radio a thing or two. Plus they're retro. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are awesome, fit right in with the music and I will murder all who oppose me when I say that Johnny Ramone's voice is amazing. It's too bad he lost most of it's magic to throat cancer. But he still was awesome! // 10

Overall Impression: The Ramones, I would never categorize with other bands. They're a classic amazing band. As for the asspicks who were talking about them not talking about president Bush, to their great happiness. Newsflash! If you were a true Ramones fan, you would know that they were from a time where a president was not Bush, but another one. Dunno who actually, but they're an older band so therefore don't have anything to do with Bush bashing. Morons. Anyways, I love everything Ramones, I hate nothing about them. Except that most of them died, that really sucks. I wanted to co-write with them someday when I make it big. Maybe I still can with one of them. Anyway, if someone stole one of my Ramones CDs, or all of my Ramones CDs to be specific, I would buy every last one that was stolen all over again, no matter what the cost. I love them, dis them and I hope you burn in hell. And one last thing. I do remember rock and roll radio and god, it sure isn't the pop trash we have nowadays! // 10

Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits Reviewed by: ktownsxfinest, on august 10, 2006

Sound: The sound of the Ramones has always been and always will be the loud and fast breakthrough of punk. Many other bands who contributed to punk's coming out would be the Sex Pistols, Clash, etc. So if you're looking for a true punk-rock sound then your looking not only at the right band but definitly in the right area of punk. This CD comes with many stories and bios of all the band members. Interviews with each contain stories of how songs came to mind and many other tales. So if you're looking for a CD with almost everything (music, stories, bios, pictures) then this is the CD to get. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are all the same as they used to be. "Hey, Ho, Lets Go!" is the first song on the CD so it gets you right into the Ramones. The chant really pumps you up as well as the lyrics. Every song after the first is picked from all of the best songs of the Ramones. 30 songs for only around $15? Seems like a great deal to me. Everything is the same with the Ramones music, tone, and loudness. Everything is simply Ramones. // 9

Overall Impression: Well the Ramones Toughist Hits obviously takes hit songs from every album they produced. Songs such as "Hey, Ho, Let's Go!", "I Wanna Be Sedated", and "Judy Is A Punk." I love this Ramones album because I was never able to buy all of their CDs, so when this Toughest Hits came out I was very excited because now I got to listen to the Ramones' songs and hits from all of their CDs only for $15! To tell you the truth I really don't hate anything about this CD. It's great! If I lost this CD I would definitly go out and buy another one because now I'm totally hooked on the Ramones. // 10

More Ramones reviews rating latest review
+ Ramones Mania 8.9 10/03/2013