Life Won't Wait Review

artist: rancid date: 02/06/2007 category: compact discs
rancid: Life Won't Wait
Release Date: Jun 30, 1998
Label: Epitaph
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock, Punk Revival, Third Wave Ska Revival, Ska-Punk, Punk-Pop
Even if it runs too long, there won't be a better old-school punk album than Life Won't Wait in 1998.
 8.7
 7.7
 9.6
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Life Won't Wait Reviewed by: Dudewitdaguitar, on february 06, 2007

Sound: This album is completely different from much of Rancid's music. Life Won't Wait is much more experimental which attributes to their continual comparison to The Clash and their sound. The over all sound involves Reggie, ska, many additions of brass instruments and in the last track, "Coppers" steel drums. I really enjoy this album's sound, it's a refreshing break from the basic punk of previous albums. I'd personally give it a 10 but in a non biased view I'd give it an 8. Some of the music is toned down from other stuff. // 8

Lyrics: Well overall if you don't enjoy Rancid's sound you won't enjoy thing singer's skills but if you're a fan you won't be dissapointed. The lyrics touch on many subjects and hold true to many pricipals that Rancid holds. One issue that always comes up with Rancid is the singers skills lead some to be desired in understandability if you don't listen really hard. Again, I love this album so I'd personally give it a ten but from a non biased standpoint a 7. // 7

Overall Impression: Rancid for me is very hit or miss, I either love or hate their albums. This lives up my fav albums of theirs and would totally buy it again if I lost it or it was stolen. I love it because it's a refreshing break from Let's Go and And Out Come The Wolves. I feel Coppers is the most impressive song just because of the varity of sound withing one song. I'd give a 10 but to be non-biased I give it an 8. // 8

More Rancid reviews rating latest review
+ ...Honor Is All We Know 7.2 10/28/2014