Miseries Review

9.9
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Miseries Reviewed by: chip8088, on march 03, 2011

Sound: Razormaze's sophomore release, Miseries, is an excellent follow-up to their first album The True Speed of Steel. The mix is better, the riffs are more technical, and their thrashing hooks are as catchy as ever. Razormaze brings more technicality to the plate this time around. The slower yet crunching riffs in Creed of Absolution are a welcome addition to this thrash outfit's back catalog. After hearing The True Speed of Steel and Miseries back to back you can definitely hear discernible improvement in every category. // 10

Lyrics: The vocals on Razormaze's previous release were fantastic, and as the instruments improved, so did the vocals. Singer Alex Citrone's overall performance felt a lot more confident and powerful. The opening line in Karma In/Karma Out hits you in the face in the best way, and the gang vocals are just a prevalent in this release as in The True Speed of Steel. The lyrics have improved as well. While I thoroughly enjoyed songs like Slaughterotica off of their first album, Miseries seems to have more lyrical substance as shown in the title track Miseries of the Flesh. While I've never focused much on lyrical content in a band, I can tell that there is a vast improvement in this department. // 9

Overall Impression: The EP is everything a fan would want from a follow up to The True Speed of Steel. The only complaint I have about it is that there isn't enough on it! With only three songs, this EP is very short, however it leads to excitement for the future of the band. The only complaint I had for the previous album was the production quality, and they improved that tremendously, along with aspects of the sound that I had no complaints about. The band is clearly progressing forward and I look forward to hear what they have in store for the future. // 10

More Razormaze reviews rating latest review
+ The True Speed Of Steel 9.9 03/01/2011