Rebel Meets Rebel Review

Rebel Meets Rebel: Rebel Meets Rebel
Release Date: May 2, 2006
Label: Big Vin Records
Genres: Rock
This is a great CD you cant go wrong with any song, especially for Pantera fans.
 Lyrics: 8.7
 9.2
 9.2
 9.1
Rebel Meets Rebel Reviewed by: faqu, on may 04, 2006

Sound: The album is basically a metal and country mix, and it's done in the best way you can think of. This album was written and recorded on and off in between 99 and 03, by Rex, Vinnie and Dimebag (all former Pantera), and country legend singer David Allan Coe. Dime and Vinnie were extremly happy to play with him, becuase they grew up listening to his songs, and he inspired them to play music. // 10

Lyrics: Typical country lyrics about partys, cowboys, and personal stories with a twist. I'm sorry, I'm not that good in the lyrics reviews, so don't take my word for it. I actually liked the vocals, suits well with the music, and the guitars. Dime does some backing vocals as well. // 8

Overall Impression: If you like country metal bands like Brand New Sin, and Pride & Glory, or even if your'e a fan or Dimebag, this album is a must have. The album starts with the fast paced "Nothing To Lose", wich is also the first single. Other amazing songs are "Cowboys Do More Dope," "Rebel Meets Rebel", that has a very catchy and nice country riff. The short acoustic "Panfilo", and "One Nite Stands". All the songs are gold, I adore this album! if there's one thing I didnt liked about it, is that it ends. This album just puts you in a good mood, puts a smile on your face, when you listen to the riffs and solos. Very good party record. I would reccomand every Dimebag fan, or any country/metal fan to check this album, you won't regret it. // 10

Rebel Meets Rebel Reviewed by: WeR138, on may 17, 2006

Sound: The long awaited release of David Allan Coe, Dimebag Darrell, Vinnie Paul, And Rex Brown doing what they do best. If your a fan of country, metal or the blues, you will not be disappointed with this release. I went in looking for the new Trivium release because, well lets face it, there's not much really great metal albums being released as of late and I'm really starting to dig Trivium's sound. Anyway I walk by the new realeases thinking I may find it there and there it was. D.A.C. & CFH "Rebel Meets Rebel. Not sure if I would be happy with the CD I took a chance because I have always loved Pantera and I figured It was worth the $14 for them alone. I got out to the car, popped it in the CD player and from the first to last song I was tapping my foot and air picking the steering wheel. This is a briliant mix of country and metal, and that's coming from someone that doesnt care for country music. This has been talked about in interviews by the late great "Dimebag Darrell" many times. Finally released on Vinnie Paul's new record label "Big Vin Records." The Heavy guitars and Vins drums make you wish all was as it used to be and Pantera were still around. Dime's guitar playing never lets up even in the acoustic "Panfilo" and the bluesy "N.Y.C. Streets" with every heartfelt solo that all and any Dime fan loves. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on every song are great with perhaps the exception of "Cowboys Do More Dope". I found these lyrics a bit rushed and juvenile. D.A.C. does a great job of belting out every word loud and clear in everry song with a country-blues style. This is at its best a "Throw your beer up in the air and sing along" dinking, rockin, shit kicking, head banging love it or leave it CD. // 9

Overall Impression: I can honestly not compare this album to any others because I don't think there is anything out there like it. "Rebel Meets Rebel" with its fiddle jammin along with Dimebags chuggin heavy metal ho-down riff and back up vocals make you wish there was a worldwide tour. "Get outta my life" is a great heavy tune with Hank III as back up with a great pre-chorus and a chorus that just rocks, botttom line. What I hate about this CD is that Dimebag is no longer around to share his love, soul, and talent with everyone and that this will never again be done. One time, One band, One CD. This is the closest I can get to promoting this CD. So do yourself a favor and get a copy (legaly) and enjoy every second of every track! R.I.P Dime. // 10

Rebel Meets Rebel Reviewed by: deedeeramone, on may 20, 2006

Sound: Rebel Meets Rebel has a nice sound to it. It is definately differant. It really is country metal. It is interesting to have the slamming metal guitar from Dimebag and the country vocals from David Allen Coe. I think it is one of those things which you either like or you don't, and I definately do. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are pretty good. Like on 'N.Y.C Streets', the lyrics are all improvised. 'Nothin' To Lose' is a fun song, and it is leaning more towards country than it is towards metal, which gives it a nice touch. 'Cowboys Do More Dope' is a really cool song that really does show that there isn't much differance between Metalheads and Country fans. // 9

Overall Impression: This album does not compare to anything else because I don't think it would have worked with any 3 people besides Dimebag, David Allen Coe and Vinnie Paul, because it is such a unique concept, that only the masterminds behind the idea could do it justice. Some of the most impressive songs are 'N.Y.C Streets' because all of the lyrics are improvised, and 'Panfilo' because it is an all acoustic jam, with no lyrics, by Dime. The thing I love about this album is that it is so unique and such an original sound. I don't really hate anything about it. If it were stolen or lost, I would definately buy it again. // 9

Rebel Meets Rebel Reviewed by: FullMetalMayhem, on july 21, 2006

Sound: I don't really think that anyone who either loves country or metal could talk shit about this album. I don't think anyone could talk sh*t about this album based on its creative concept and that is a country-metal album. I love Dime and I've been listenin to D.A.C. (thanks to my grandpa) for years. Dime's pulverizing (and sometimes soft) guitar riffs and leads (which are as kickass as you'd expect them to be) mixed with Vinnie's thrashin, in your face drummin' and Rex's smoothly aggresive bass (and even bass leads) help bring this album together like that of a Pantera CD. Only one exception, you got counrty-outlaw/badass David Allen Coe doin the vocals. Let's also not forget the cool counrty fiddling done by Joey Floyd in Rebel Meets Rebel and the "old western style" piano played by Rex Mauney in 'Cowboys Do More Dope' these guys help create that good ol' southern country style. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are great! D.A.C.'s voice is phenominal. He makes you feel as if your listenin to a country album.. from start to finish! Also you can here Dime doin back up vocals in the song Rebel Meets Rebel and a special guest appearance by Hank Williams III. The lyrics are great. The title track (my favorite track) speaks of what its like to a badass-gamblin-outlaw which I think is what everyone in this band is and will always be. There are other memorable songs like 'Cowboys Do More Dope' and 'No Compromise' that you'll be singin and drinkin whiskey to till you puke or pass out! N.Y.C. streets probably has the most interesting of lyrics considering they are all improvised and so is the main guitar riff. // 10

Overall Impression: I think that anyone who loves Pantera, Dimebag, metal, country, or just rock music will love this CD. If this were stolen I would beat the sh*t out of who took it then rip off there testicles through their ass. If I lost it I'd buy a new one the day I lost it. The thing I love most about this album is its originality. No one has come up with stuff like this and if they have I'd like to hear it and see if it stands up next to this. I love Dime and Pantera's been my favorite band since when I first got into high school. I've always said Dime is the best, before he died and to this day. If you want to do him any justice, listen to his music and listen to this. I think he's smilin down on us all for still lovin the music that he loved to make. R.I.P. brother. // 10

Rebel Meets Rebel Reviewed by: blacklabelsdmf, on december 26, 2006

Sound: Very, very county feel to the album. Being David Allen Coe and The Cowboys From Hell, each side kept to their guns and gave a very distinct flavor to the album. On the song, "Rebel Meets Rebel" insturments such as fiddle and organ are used, giving a very county sound to the song and it bleeds into the entire album. And hey, it's Dimebag Darrell, who else wouldn't give us screaming guitar riffs and solos for any project? // 8

Lyrics: It's David Allan Coe. Shoud be nuff said, but there still is more to say. DAC has kick ass lyrics talking about bozzing, getting high, and expressing himself however the f--k he can. He is county and no metal vocals were added so it gives the album a very kick ass touch. // 7

Overall Impression: Hey, It's DAC and CFH. With the two names on the same album, every great is going to come out of it. Favorite songs of the album of mine are: Nothin' To Lose; Rebel Meets Rebel; Heart Worn Highway; and Get Outta My Life. It's awesome because I'm from the county where the surroundings have influenced my life and I'm redneck and metal head, aka the heavy metal rebel. Because of that, both styles of music are blended perfectly to create the sound of Rebel Meets Rebel. One thing that pisses me off about the album is DAC can get the county high notes and ruin the whole concept. It's better when he keeps the low yet bold vocals. // 9

Rebel Meets Rebel Reviewed by: Jim Page, on january 09, 2007

Sound: This album is just easily said, a blast! The sound is great, and the playing from the guys from Pantera is just genius! It is really special because it's strangely said a fusion between metal, country, rock and blues. Dimebag's guitar skills are really at max on this album, he was definetely a one of a kind genius (R.I.P.) Really a great album with a definite punch in your face. // 9

Lyrics: Well the lyrics are great, really in country style. I like the singing because it is really "strange" and great to hear a different vocal with the pover groove trio, never would thought that they could sound so good without Phil (really ads a new dimension to the music). // 9

Overall Impression: To me a masterpiece record! The song structures are great, the solos are really "juicy" with soul and easily said with balls! This album is really special, everyone who's into metal/hard rock should give it a go. all the songs are great and it just wouldn't be fair to put one song in front of the other. Love the whole concept and the album. Props to the cowboys and David Allan Coe! R.I.P. Dimebag (sorry if my english was bad). // 10

Comments