Animal Attraction Review

8.7
 7.4
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Animal Attraction Reviewed by: Roxxie Roxx, on march 19, 2012

Sound: Reckless Love had a quite a task in writing an album which won't seem week when compared with their debut self-titled debut album, which was awesome. But we all had faith that they could pull off another excellent album again. I mean why should we think other wise? Well when their first single for this album, Hot, was released, a chord which struck fear into me was sounded. The chord I heard wasn't anything like the awesome rock n roll chords to be found in their previous album. No, not at all. It wasn't even much of a chord anyway, more a sort of worrying and irritating pop sounding, let down of a song. Well this was Bogus. Yet Still, here I am listening to their album for about the hundredth time and I am loving it to bits. Hot, as it turns out was an anomaly. The rest of the album consisted of that great 80s sound, found in their debut album. In fact, I'd say its there in more quantity and (overall) in better quality. The modern world is lacking in rockstars and Olli Herman (the singer) and Pepe Reckless (the guitarist) are two of the few that we have left. Their larger than life attitude and the way they seem to constantly be having fun and enjoying their music and their lives definitely adds to this. But of course this doesn't in any way make their music any better. Their music sounds reminiscent of the awesomeness called Rock n roll/Glam Metal/Hair Metal that was released during the 1980's. It sounds like what would happen if Van Halen, Def Leppard, Poison and Bon Jovi got together and made an album or two. // 10

Lyrics: Olli Herman's singing is amazing. At times it seems as if it could be stronger feeling but it sounds just perfect as it is. He does this thing (a lot) where he lets out and holds on to a high-pitched scream. It sounds amazing. It can also be heard in their previous album as well, in songs such as "Back To Paradise". The lyrics are the usual. Love and heartbreak etc. This time, in "Born To Break Your Heart", he sings about being the heart breaker which is quite unusual across all genres. Other song themes include, fighting, dancing and living a wild and crazy life. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is fantastic. And then some more. Killer guitar riffs; solos that you'd only really expect to find from the likes of Van Halen, Ritchie Sambora and George Lynch and exceedingly excellent singing. All this combined makes you wonder what all this rubbish was at the start of the year with everyone saying rock is dead or is dying. I love every song on this album and have even grown to love Hot. OK it ain't as good as the others but it is so happy and isn't all that pop like after all. It's weird how a song can sound different the 3rd or 4th time of listening. Song to look out for are: "Speedin'", "Dirty Dreams", "Fantasy", "Switchblade Babe", "Young And Crazy" and "Fight". It's about time a band turned up and rocked the world. Guns N' Roses did it, Van Halen did it, Motley Crue did it. With a bit more fame and publicity, I'm sure Reckless Love could do it too. // 10

More Reckless Love reviews rating latest review