End Of Silence Review

red: End Of Silence
Release Date: Jun 13, 2006
Label: Sony BMG/Provident/Essential
Genres: Christian Rock, Alternative CCM, Alternative Metal
Altogether, End of Silence could just as easily storm the mainstream as take over the hearts of its primary Christian audience.
 9.9
 9.8
End Of Silence Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 03, 2006

Sound: Me and my dad picked up this album after hearing breathe into me on the radio. Red is a Christian rock band that reminds me alot of 12 stones and linkin park. The intro End Of Silence is very much like the interludes Linkin Park used to make. They change the swing in the next song and their first single Breathe Into Me. They have a lot of hardrock guitars and emotional violins. Their lead singer grew up in PA and had a tough time growing up and he shows that in his music. Let Go has a very thousand foot kruthy tune in the verse and it sounds really good with the violins (none of the band members play the violin though). Already over is very Linkin Park-ish and kind of emo very awesome most likely the next single. this song is slow but powerful and I love it until the chorus. Very powerful. Break me down is a lot more creepy and distorted then most of the other tracks. Much like Linkin Park. Wasting time is very hard rock 12 stones like. Gave it all away has a very good point to it. Hide has an awesome guitar solo athe beginning and cool violins great tune. The last song is the last part of already over it's slow and acoustic but it is freakin awesome but depressing. Anyone can listen to Red and love their music once they pick up the disc. They outbeat 12 Stones and Linkin Park in my book. Good message great melodies awesome guitars. What could be better. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics talk about anger depression the world and through the point of the lead singer. He had a rough time growing up and wanted to share what it was like through music. You can just feel it through the lyrics. They are good clean lyrics hence-Christian rock. // 10

Overall Impression: It may not be emo hardcore but I think that they can beat that out any day. I listen to every song over and over and over. I love the melody and the time put into this and there is nothing to hate about it. This is something you would want to take good care of, and have about a hundred more copies just incase something happens. // 10

End Of Silence Reviewed by: fret13, on july 24, 2006

Sound: I got to go see these guys in concert and they sounded better then they did on the CD in my opinion. End of Silence mainly explains its self-explanitory purpose. Red started in PA and they had a rough time trying to fit in, Lead Singer Micheal Barnes wanted this in his album about how hard it is to fit in. most of this CD is about after you die but can be related using creativity. 01. Intro (End Of Silence) - I like that they put this slow keyboard part here to give the term End Of Silence a meaning that it doesnt have to be loud to be important. This could go with upcoming bands that they dont have to be the best band at first they just need to do what they do best. 02. Breathe Into Me - first off checkout the tabs for this song, second this song is the first single off of the CD and has a video that is hard to find. This song describes how you need God to live and what people do by "Ignore the words you spoke to me" and "Running away from you." 03. Let Go - this song is how people want to get away from some of the things they do like get away from an adiction or to find friends you can trust. Very cool song. 04. Already Over - this is the Second single off the album, also featured on the top 20 Cristian Rock songs of 2005. This is how after using a lifetime of sin some "Gives it all to you" although they don't want their life to be over they know they cant stop their own death. 05. Lost - this song explains that God is so big that you can get lost if you dont believe of sin a lot. 06. Pieces - this song is slow but one of my favorites its main purpose is after all this you confess that youre ready for life to be over (Remember some of this CD is about after you die) or when you pray to God and confess that you are in pieces because of something youve done. 07. Break Me Down - fan favorite live, they like playing this song twice live. This song is about breaking the barriers in your way weather it be an addiction or if your tring to do something good and youve got to go through the "You'll never make it" stuff. 08. Wasting Time - this song has a message that says When I've got God your wating your time to try and change me for ill reasons. 09. Gave It All Away - this song is about when someone thinks God has abandoned them. really he doesnt but they are to worried to see it. 10. Hide - this is about running from God because you are scared of something you have done weather it was drugs or slitting wrists or something like that. 11. Already Over, Pt.2 - this is Already Over as and acoustic/keyboard version. very good way to end the album. Like I said before, if you don't like the Christian message in this song be creative and think of another message, its not that hard. Antony Armstrong, Lead Guitar, and Jason Rauch, Rhythm Guitar, both have stable and impressive guitar parts. Anthony Armstrong, Bass, Has an impressive Bass line too. // 10

Lyrics: Godd Christian lyrics that any one can agree on with even more messages that other people can agree on. The Miccheal Barnes is a perfect singer that knows what he's doing. The Twins Anthony, led guitar, and Randy, Bass, Armstrong do very excelant BGV's. like I said before they sound even better live. // 10

Overall Impression: Tere is no way I can compare this to any other CD I own but thats just me. I think there is not a bad/boring song on the album and ill stick with that. If this group can get a punkrocker to listen to it then they are awesome. If this were lost id be like a dog without his bone I go every where with it. // 10

More Red reviews rating latest review
+ Release The Panic: Recalibrated 7.4 05/19/2014