Stadium Arcadium Review

red hot chili peppers: Stadium Arcadium
Release Date: May 9, 2006
Label: Warner Bros.
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock, Funk Metal
Exuding all the passion, energy and funked-up rock that have made the Red Hot Chili Peppers one of the most popular bands in history, the 2-CD Stadium Arcadium, simply put, will knock your socks off.
 Lyrics: 8.4
 7.5
 8.8
 6.2
Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: buddy_bomber, on may 06, 2006

Sound: After hearing Dani California, it really prompted me to buy the new album, and I have to say, I love every damn song on this album, because the best part is, Dani California is an amazing song, but nowhere near the best on the album, it has a funky, upbeat rhythm about it, with some slower songs like 'Snow (Hey Oh)', and 'Shes Only 18', and just as the interviewer said to Flea, this certainly is mainly guitar, with some awesome riffs like 'Hump De Bump', and the solo in 'Charlie' and of course, the solo in 'Dani California', and John Fruisciante is really pulling himself out on this album. I dont believe I've heard such effects used in a song, in 'Hump De Bump' alone it has 5 different instruments - guitar, drums, bass, trumpet and steel pans. I have to say this is incredibly imaginative, and only the chillis could pull off such a sound. Incredible. // 10

Lyrics: My first inpression of the lyrics, was of course listenig to Dani California, and it did sound as if Anthony Kiedis was really stretching to get something pen to paper, but listening to the rest of the album, I realised, Dani California was actually beginning to make sense, and there is the still the old chillis vibe in the band, and Anthony Kiedis still has that amazing voice we hear on every album, and the backing vocals really add effect, and they really do go with the music, and overall, the lyrics are amazing, the singing skills are amazing, it's immense. // 10

Overall Impression: I think this is one the the chillis best albums along with 'Blood Sugar Sex Magic' and 'Californication', and by far the most impressive songs on the album are 'Torture Me', 'Readymade', 'Snow (Hey Oh)', and 'Hump De Bump', but that is only personal opinion, and I absolutely love the contrast they have on the album of slow meets funky, and the fact that you cant help but tap your foot in time with Fleas amazing bass skills, but the one thing I dislike about this album is the fact that they have simply too many songs on the album, and were not hearing enough of Flea in the songs, but thats only minor, and the rest of the band make up for that. Definintely if it was stolen, I would hunt down the theif, and slap them until their cheeks caved in. This album is pure immense. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: Jammydude44, on may 08, 2006

Sound: Play.com have just sent me the album today (6th May) and I'd thought I'd let you know what this new one from the chili's is like. The sound of the album comes from everywhere the Chili's have been before, Blood Sugar Sex Magic, Californication and By The Way sounds mixed together. Most of the songs have a sort of slow funk/rock/pop sound to them, which is good, but maybe more faster songs could have been included as the album does seem to slow in places. On the other hand, there are sevral, as Anthony calls it, "Retardly painful funk" tracks, which are so good that you have to pick up a guitar and jam along. John Frusciante has really got his act back together, it's by far his best guitar work since he rejoined the band, his soloing, especially on Readymade, is fantastic. John has also worked tirelesly on adding other layers to the album, without overdoing it. It gives the album a much fuller sound than most. Flea is once more on top form, he seems to be getting better all the time, and is probably the top creative bassist in the world. Chad Smith's relentless work on the drum's keep's this album going, as it is his energy with the sticks that keeps you from dozing off, as you do with double albums from time to time. Overall, the sound is great, but with 28 songs, it can get repetitive. // 8

Lyrics: Anthony's songwriting and singing has obviously improved since the early days of general rapping, although this album lacks some of the clever melody's of other albums. A couple of songs sound like he wrote them one after another, with the same idea in mind. However, he still grasps his tounge around each word with everything he's got, and his storytelling skills have certainly not gone. John's backing vocals really add to the songs, the perfect companion to Kiedis's voice. Personally I like the lyrics more on this album than By the Way, more or less all the songs try and send out some sort of message, rather than the ramblings of songs like "Can't Stop". // 8

Overall Impression: Once more the Chili's have managed to hit a note that no other band can- it's still a unique sound, and I'm glad they haven't tried to change ways. Stadium Arcadium is a far better album than By The Way, but I wouldn't say it excels Blood Sugar Sex Magic. It lies alongside Californication for me, which is no shame. Twenty-eight songs is alot, and It's the length which probably takes off a point from the score. It can get boring in places, where your mind begins to wonder, but then the next song will knock you off your feet. those that do include the aforementioned Readymade, new single Dani California, summer anthem Snow (Hey Oh), Tell Me Baby, 21st Century and Storm in a Teacup, which almost goes back to the Mother's Milk chili's. RHCP are my all time favourite band, I can't wait July when I see them at Reading, and the fact they have the nerve to put out a double album, and name each disc "Mars" and "Jupiter" shows they still are in control of their music. To sum up, this gets an 8 in all. But if they had taken 13 or 14 of the best tracks and dropped some filler, then it would be 10 and the Album would have gone down as legendary. The fact is, the Red Hot Chili Peppers are ambitious, and this album is everything the Chili's are about. As Flea says, "If you don't like this album, you don't like the Red Hot Chili Peppers." // 8

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: Oasisy Bob, on july 04, 2006

Sound: I would say this album is definitely a mix of by the way and Californication, with some songs more like BSSM and the earlier stuff. The sound itself is amazing, each song has so much work put into it and it really shows, John's solos are the most different thing since the last two, very Jimi Hendrix. The bass is as excellent as always, the drum beats are consistently inventive. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are similar to other albums, but the standard is generally a bit higher, however I would have liked a song with utterly amazing lyrics like Can't Stop. I'm impressed with the amount of lyrics Anthony has produced, personally I find music much easier to write than lyrics, he deserves a lot of credit. He's a good singer, too, and John's backing vocals make each song that bit more interesting. // 9

Overall Impression: 01. Dani California - pretty much average as far as the album goes, wouldn't really stand out if it wasn't a single, but, obviously, still a good song. 02. Snow (Hey Oh) - this is one of the best ones. It stands out because it has a really good guitar riff, and it's really emotional with a pretty singalong chorus. 03. Charlie - starts off in a style which I really don't like, but gets good about 2 minutes in. 04. Stadium Arcadium - surprisingly not as good as you would think, being the album track, but it's good live, good solo. 05. Hump De Bump - not too fond of this style, like I said, but I still appreciate the fact that it's a good song. I know a lot of other people call this their favourite song. 06. She's Only 18 - excellent chorus, plenty of wah, perfect, really. 07. Slow Cheetah - again, perfect in every way - best bit is the outro, really wierd guitar solo type thing. 08. Torture Me - I like the bass riff, plenty energetic guitar intro, more great soloing, I can't understand why John didn't do any stuff like this on By the way, again, a perfect song. 09. Strip My Mind - this is probably my favourite track. Lyrics are actually really good, come to think of it. 10. Especially In Michigan - yet another perfect song. Doesn't actually sound that much like the Chili peppers is my only criticism, but still great. 11. Warlocks - I saw them play this live, yet again it's perfect, the whole album is consistently good even with 20 tracks. 12. C'mon Girl - finally, a song which I don't like. This song is below average, though the solo has just started and it is better than some of the rest of the songs. 13. Wet Sand - good verses + intro, chorus isn't very good, but the bridge is what the song is all about. Would be a 6 without it. 14. Hey - I haven't listened to this song enough, because of that it seems quite average, but on this album average is very good. 15. Desecration Smile - I love this song. Another favourite with Strip My Mind, it is very good except for the guitar riff near the end. Without that riff, this song would be nearly as good as Snow. 16. Tell Me Baby - starts off in the style I don't like, but the chorus is still good, about as good as Dani California. 17. Hard To Concentrate - interesting sound, almost african, verses average, chorus amazing. 18. 21st Century - good song musically, probably worst lyrics on the album, just a bit corny I suppose. Actually, I don't like this song that much at all. 19. She Looks To Me - another perfect song. 20. Readymade - a lot of people really like this song, I don't, the riff doesn't do it for me, quite repetetive. 21. If - really good, quite quiet, reminds me of Porcelain, far too short. When I first heard this song I thought it would be an epic masterpiece, but it doesn't develop very much. 22. Make You Feel Better - perfect again. Chorus is the best bit. 23. Animal Bar - not very good in my opinion, the lyrics aren't that good, just nothing special. 24. So Much I - a lot like Tell Me Baby, I don't really like the verses and the intro, but the chorus more than makes up for it. 25. Storm In A Teacup - reminds me of Give It Away or Suck My Kiss in a way. Just above average. 26. We Believe - chorus not that good, rest of it very good, unlike a few songs. 27. Turn It Again - perfect song. 28. Death Of A Martian - another perfect song, but quite original in that it ends with a sort of ad-lib spoken thing for ages. About a dog. // 9

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: Fruscianteac, on may 10, 2006

Sound: The sound of the album overall is fuckin awesome. Frusciante has never sounded better and his guitars are fuckin screamin in some of his solos, particularly "She's Only 18", but he still also manages to capture that beautiful clean tone that he gets. Flea's bass is just as funky as ever, I don't know why some of you people are hatin on the bass on this album saying it's not as good as some of the other RHCP albums. I enjoyed Chad's drumming more on this album than I have on any other album, he just keep's getting better. Anthony's voice is the best I've ever heard it. He's one of the few singers whose voice is getting better with age, not worse. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are typical off the wall Anthony Keidis lyrics. It's hard sometimes to find a way to relate to them, or know what they mean but that's what we all love about Anthony's lyrics. The melody's to the songs are awesome as well, particularly on "Hump De Bump." // 10

Overall Impression: Overall I give this album a 10. It's just as good as BSSM or Californication and it's way better than By The Way, which didn't impress me very much at all. I love how the Peppers explore their more psychedelic sounds on this album. I don't hate anything about this album. I don't find the two-disc set as boring or repetitive, I enjoy it quite thoroughly. I mean c'mon it's 2 new Peppers CD's. Songs 1-14 on both CD's rocked my socks off go buy this CD now! // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: con job, on november 22, 2006

Sound: Dani California was an encouraging first single off of Stadium Arcadium. Catchy, and with the first decent solo Frusciante has thrown out in years, I was very optimistic about getting the album. But when I began to listen to it, I was extremely disappointed. The Chili's new interest in slow songs (since the Dave Navarro era) shows up a lot on this album. Very little funk is to be found, and for people searching for some of the essence of the '80s/'90s Chilis will have to look elsewhere. The most disappointing aspect of this album is the virtual non-existence of Flea as a bass player. Not to put the man down or anything, he is possibly the greatest bass player to ever grace the earth, but there's very little showcasing of his talent here, which in most cases is what made the Chili Peppers who they were years and years ago. Frusciante and Kiedis seem to be running the show these days. No wonder Flea has been wanting to quit since Californication. Frusciante has improved notably, but is still nowhere near the guitarist he could be. There are some great guitar lines and solos in here, but they're just thrown out the window when you hear the riff to "Hump De Bump". Two notes, how imaginative. But for the most part, the guitar is functional, but far from brilliantly genius. Flea's bass playin is very basic, usually just playing the root of the chord. His highlights are limited to "Tell Me Baby." Chad is Mr. Reliable, nothing spectacular, but it fits neatly in. // 5

Lyrics: Kiedis' lyrics are at points appalling, but usually they're quite good. In "Hump De Bump" (hmm there's that song again) the words make little decipherable sense. These ramblings are an attempt at a punky, funky song, but it's embarrassing. However, "Slow Cheetah"offers some reprieve, probably the best lyrical display on the album. Overall, the lyrics are pretty so-so. They have a lot more meaning than they used to (Hard To Concentrate written about Flea proposing to his wife), but they lack creativity. // 4

Overall Impression: This is probably the Chili Peppers weakest offering to date, excluding One Hot Minute. Disc Two of this album is absolute tripe, sounding like a compilation of B-sides. The best songs on the album(overall)are "Snow(Hey Oh)", "She's Only 18", "Charlie", "Slow Cheetah", and "Storm In A Teacup". If this album was ten tracks long, it would have scored much higher. The fact is, it drowns in it's own longevity, and repetitiveness. There's no creative genius here to keep a true Chili Pepper fan happy, but for those who only caught on since By The Way, it's perfect for them. Truly a tragedy that R.H.C.P have declined to this. // 3

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: untitled039, on january 05, 2007

Sound: This album is different to their previous records in many ways. This album has songs that could be classed into so many genres, such as rock, funk and even jazz and chillout. The album consists of 2 discs; 1 called 'Jupiter' and the other called 'Mars'. Here's a review of each track individually. Jupiter 01. Dani California - this is probably the 'heaviest' song on the album and probably one of the best. Anthony goes on singing about girls (Dani California mainly) and states in USA. The chorus consists of only 4 simple power-chords and sounds quite like a typical rock-anthem, but sounds like nothing they've done in a while. The middle section is the only bit that has John Frusciante's wonderful backing vocals in, although, they are not very effective because Anthony is singing the exact same thing as John. At the end there is a great solo from John, backed up only by Flea's powerful bass, but needless to say, it doesn't sound empty. 02. Snow ((Hey Oh)) - the song starts off with John playing what sounds pretty simple, but extremely hard to play broken chords and then the drums and bass come in and start playing and after that Anthony's vocals come in. It is a simple, but great song except for the parts where the chord progression is different and the end part, where the vocals are not as good as they could have been and the guitars at the end are less than interesting. Anyway, apart from that it is a pretty good song. 03. Charlie - this is one of my favourites on this album. The bass is great and the vocals are some of the best on the album and the guitars are amazing especially in the solos and also it has a great chorus that's easy to sing along to. Also the backing vocals go very well with the lead vocals. And once again there is an amazing solo with no chords to back it up and still it sounds great. My favourite part is probably the riff that comes in towards the end of the song. Simple but great. 04. Stadium Arcadium - the title track of this album. Unfortunately it does not sound like an amazing title you would expect. However it's a pretty good song and has got some guitars in parts and sometimes you find some good vocals in it. The best part of this song is the middle where the bass and drums play some really good music. Also there is quite a good guitar solo in it. 05. Hump De Bump - the guitar and bass in the verse in this song sound a lot like what is in the verse of 'Around the World' (on the 'Californication' album). The vocals are very good on this record and the use of additional percussion in the song is great. They have also made good use of trumpets in this as well. This would be classed as funk genre-wise. 06. She's Only 18: This is a great song. It has great guitars, drums and bass in the verse and classic vocals. I recognise the chorus from some other song, but I'm not quite sure what it is, but it was very familiar. The chorus however, is very powerful and strong. I like the solo a lot, and it blends in well with the chorus. 7. Slow Cheetah - the acoustic guitar in this is very good and sounds a bit like 'Road Trippin' from 'Californication' in a major key. It has a good strong chorus with good backing vocals. This is a very good song. I like the middle section a lot with the quiet vocals and guitar. The electric guitar comes in towards the end and compliments the chorus very well. 08. Torture Me - finally you hear a decent bass part in this album, which there has been a lack of good bass in this album so far. After that, it explodes into a huge-rocking chord progression, and strong vocals going into the chorus. After the chorus, horns come in for a bit, adding to the explosiveness of the song. After another verse, a guitar solo is played and then another chorus, which eventually slows down to end the song. 09. Strip My Mind - first the song starts out with simple single strums of chords, and then strange vocals come in (at first I thought it was Dan Adriano from Alkaline Trio, but then I thought otherwise). After that, strong vocals that have appeared on the album quite a lot start in the verse. After that a great gentle chorus appears. On this song, there is very good use of guitars and effects on it. Eventually when the solo arrives, it's one of the best on the album. 10. Especially In Michigan - this is a great song, with a good guitar part in the intro and the verse. Once again, Anthony Kiedis' vocals are great and there are good backing vocals. This time I think it's Anthony singing them. I really like the guitar solo in this one. It really shows off John's guitar skills. The guitars are especially good in the outro as well. 11. Warlocks - this song also sounds a bit like 'Around the World' on 'Californication'. This song has a pretty good bass part on it as well. Needless to say, the vocals are perfect. However, as the album moves on, there are less appearances of backing vocals in the songs. This song is a perfect example of how Flea and John can synchronise their guitars to sound amazing. The solo in this song starts out strong and then kind of disappoints a bit. 12. C'mon Girl - this song has a great bass line in it and it sounds a lot like the bass line in 'Right On Time' on 'Californication'. The guitars and drums in it go extremely well together and the lyrics are perfect. The heavier chorus goes very well with the rest of the song. 13. Wet Sand - the guitar sounds pretty good at the start of the song. The chorus is pretty good as well. It's a pretty average song until the phenomenal ending. The extra guitar or something similar part is great and the solo, although not a great one makes it even better. 14. Hey - this is a smooth, jazzy song with jazzy bass, guitars, drums and vocals in it. It's a great end to the first disc. This is probably the type of song that the Chilis have never done before, however there was a song on 'Californication' called 'Porcelain' that had a jazzy sound to it, but it kind of sounded like 'If' on the second disc of this album. Mars 01. Desecration Smile - this song is a brilliant start to the second disc. This is quite different to the rest of the album. The acoustic guitar sounds brilliant in the intro, verse and chorus. The electric guitar that comes in the verse sounds phenomenal and adds a great feeling to that verse. Although the solo isn't great, it does go well with the acoustic guitar chords and the effect of the note rising higher and higher at the end of the solo is great. This is probably one of the best songs on the album. 02. Tell Me Baby - The extremely soft, quiet start gives you the idea that is going to stay that way, until that thumping bass line comes in and the great guitar line comes in. It stays that way until the chorus where the sound of the intro comes back except louder. The bass and drums make that extremely simple guitar part sound a lot more complicated that it really is. If you listen to the guitar riff in the verse, you can hear there are about 4 different effects being used throughout the song. The guitar solo sounds a lot better than the previous solos in the album, purely because of the effects. This and 'Desecration Smile' sound like the only possible singles on the album. This one did become a single. 03. Hard To Concentrate - the start of this song sounds a bit like an African song because of the sound of the bass and the rhythm of the drums. This isn't a great a song, in fact it's pretty boring. It stays that way for pretty much the rest of the song. However, the guitar part is pretty good, but it doesn't make much difference until the end of the song. 04. 21st Century - this song demonstrates how good the band really sound together. The song has a great verse and chorus and shows they haven't lost their funky sound of the past. Particularly Flea and Chad who still create the irresistible rhythmic sound that they rarely fail to deliver. Finally, John comes up with a great solo that again sounds great with everything else and is more complicated that the previous solos on the album. 05. She Looks To Me - yet another great song, this one reminds me of something of 'By The Way' because of the chords. The change of key between the chorus and the verse is very good and the change of key at the end of the song is even better. There's lots of John' signature fills in this number which doesn't make it any worse. 06. Readymade - this is one of the highlights of Mars I think. it's got a great rocking riff and a good chorus. The Chili Peppers don't do more mainstream rock'n'roll type of songs that often, but this is a really good one. It sounds a bit like a slowed down version of a song on their 'Mother's Milk' album that has a similar sound. Then we come onto the solo. This is pretty breathtaking, because John doesn't usually feel the need to break out into a really fast blistering solo, but here he does is perfectly. Brilliant song overall. 07. If - a very slow song, a bit like 'Hard to Concentrate'. There's a weird drone that starts at the start of the song. Not sure what it's played on, sounds like bagpipes to me! it's quite boring, with hardly any drums, just a note played every 2 beats or bar or something on guitar, but a quite good bass part that quite hard to hear. So not the most impressive song on the record. 08. Make You Feel Better - once again a great song. Quite different to their past material. It has a good drum rhythm in the verse and pretty good clean guitar tone, that I haven't heard John use that much before. Anthony's vocals in the verse and especially in the 3rd verse where there is a second vocal part is dubbed over the first. At the end, there is another simple solo, but it doesn't make the song any better or worse. 09. Animal Bar - this one is another quite different, with a good beat to it, and quite an interest bass line and a good chorus. The highlight of this song is probably the bridge which is quite different to the rest of the song and also has a good bass part. There is a lot of interesting effects on the guitars and backing vocals as well. At the end John finally puts some of his magic into the song with quite a nice solo to finish it off. 10. So Much I - I love this song, it really shows off that they've still got that crazy element to their music, with a great bass intro then John comes in with only one note and sets fire to the song. The song calms down for the pre-chorus and then fires back up for the chorus with just some simple power chords that sound just great. The song then repeats itself again with a simple solo that sounds great, but if you listen carefully you can hear the chords in the solo are a little out of time. Great song anyway. 11. Storm In A Teacup - the Chilis carry on with their 'crazy' theme with this song with a good guitar riff and somebody going mad in the background. Anthony refuses to keep his vocals normal in this song and it's great. The chorus is hard and simple which suits the song very well. Flea isn't taking a break from his awesome bass playing in this either, he just wont stop bringing those great bass lines. It finishes like many other songs on the album with a solo. 12. We Believe - this is a less energetic song, but it is one of my favourites. It wont suit every Chili Pepper fan's taste, but it's great. I haven't mentioned Chad's drumming in this review much, but I think I should now. He provides a weird and wonderful rhythm in this one and it sounds great. He hasn't done much drumming like this before. Also adding to the strangeness of the song, in the choruses towards the end of the song, it sounds like there are aliens singing in the background, which sounds great and then finally John adds some of his magic with a few notes which makes it even better. 13. Turn It Again - the Chili Peppers return to their funky form in this song with a good riff complemented with a good bass line as well. The chorus features no guitar chords, but another riff which sounds great. The bridge sees the return of horns to the album from the start of the album. In the last verse, Anthony has dubbed another vocal track, sung the same, but an octave lower. It sound brilliant when he does this, he should do it a lot more. The song ends with a 2-minute long that is just the chorus riff with different harmonies added. Then a minute into the solo it breaks away from the riff and John does a Readymade solo-like solo and then returns to what he was doing first for the final quarter of the solo. 14. Death Of A Martian - this is the final track on the album, and the only song that I think would a better final track would be 'Turn It Again'. In an interview with Flea and Anthony, they said this song is about Flea's giant dog, named 'Martian' who sadly died. The guitar part in the verse is quite different to anything else on the album and the almost syncopated bass line is great. The chorus isn't bad either. At the end, Anthony is reciting a poem, which ends the record amazingly and when he ends it with the word 'away' it almost suggests that he is saying 'we will be back', and not because of the lyrics in a strange way. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are definitely up to scratch on this album, but I think the lyrics on their previous album 'By The Way' where better than this. I can't quite figure out what the lyrics are about on most of the songs. Overall they are decent lyrics, but they could be a bit better. // 7

Overall Impression: This album is definitely worth buying for any existing Chili Peppers fan or new Chili Peppers fan. You may not like it at first, but it definitely grows on you (I think it's the sam for most RHCP albums). There is a batch of songs on here that are all different from everything else and then there are a batch of songs that all soung very similar. I would give it a 10 if not all of the songs had really simple solos all at the end, but nevertheless it's a great album. // 9

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 20, 2006

Sound: As Flea has said, if you don't like this album, you don't like the Red Hot Chili Peppers. That being said, their strength, and the reason for their longevity in my opinion, is their unique, catchy, powerful sound. This album is the essence of the Chili Peppers and showcases the ever evolving genius of John Frusciante. While Flea's unparalleled bass work is the backbone of the band, Frusciante's artful funk/rock licks paint the canvas that Flea provides. Some of the funk tracks, such as "Tell Me Baby" and "Hump De Bump" are just sick. The results leave the listener feeling like they have just witnessed something truly unique, never to be copied. // 10

Lyrics: I have always been torn about Anthony Kiedis. His lyrical work is often unimagninative nonsense, as it has been on other RHCP albums. It seems he often gets stuck and just puts some filler on paper. Sometimes, it really brings a song down, such as "Hump De Bump" which could have been so much more. That being said, his singing has really improved over the years. Plus, I love the harmonizing that really started to take shape when John rejoined the band. Overall, I think Anthony's voice is perfect for the band, but too often he lacks the ability to put meaning into the words. // 7

Overall Impression: Simply put, the Chili Peppers continue to evolve their sound and each time I listen I come away in awe at what I just heard. It is clear that Flea, John, and Chad Smith (he is highly underrated in my opinion) are a magical combination. It is rare to hear a band where it is so obvious its members are meant to play with each other. That is the essence of Stadium Arcadium. // 9

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: UtBDan, on may 08, 2006

Sound: The sound here is pretty good. That's it, pretty good? Yeah, that's it. Pretty good. It isn't amazingly great like BSSM or Californication, and it isn't just good like Mother's Milk. It's pretty good. Its the poppy side of By the way mixed with the heart of BSSM, only it doesn't always mix well. Disc 2 is much better than disc 1 without any shadow of a doubt, but the songs are pretty strong overall. There are as many as 5 or 6 songs that are merely filler to me, but I guess it's opinion. The title track in particular is just... bad. If you like new peppers, will you like their new sound? yes. If you like old peppers, will you like their new sound? Probably yes. For that, its still pretty good. It's just not the be-all end-all Peppers they made it out to be. Its funky pop, not poppy funk. John's quote unquote new guitar godliness, is the exact same Frusciante he always was. The difference is he now adds a metal guitar harmony at the chorus before every solo. There is no new trick. There is nothing really suprising. It's the peppers you knew, on a double album, with the sound you expected. Good? you damn right. Timeless? I don't know. // 9

Lyrics: Simply put, some of AK's worst lyrics ever. Some of the best melodies, easily the best harmonies (beats out By the way by a landslide), and other than vocals, musically one of the best peppers pieces out there. And Anthony Kiedis' voice has improved greatly, even since By the way, and you can hear it. But lyrically, its a piece of crap. For funky lyrics on Californication, AK wrote Purple stain, some weird, clever, funky stuff. For funky lyrics on this, AK wrote "Hump de bump". Want to hear an excerpt? "Hump... de bump. Hump... de bump." Not satisfying? How about "Move around like a scientist?" The lyrics are the worst part of this album. Few try to be meaningful; the ones that do aren't that touching and the ones that don't aren't funky enough to keep me interested in the vocals all the way. There are a few gems lyrically, but they're just that: few and far between. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall, I still give it a 9 out of 10. They have a hard name to live up to and its still a pretty good album. It's about what I expected, just not as amazing as Flea sold it and Froo hasn't changed as much as I was told, and Chad seems to be taking a backseat (although on the solo to Hump de bump, wow man. Cowbell godliness.) Infact, this is basically a John Frusciante solo record with the best backup band ever. There are a few exceptions that sound like real Chili Peppers songs, most of which are one disc 2, but disc 1 is a John Frusciante recorded with AK on vocals, Flea on bass, and Chad on drums. John's new style is his old style. Flea has yet to take back his position as the main man for music in the band. Chad is still Chad. AK has new vocal abilities, but loses his old lyrical ones. Overall, a worthwhile purchase for any chili peppers fan. A timeless classic, signs point to no. // 8

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: 03_mrogers, on may 10, 2006

Sound: Stadium Arcadium Has a mix of slow (but still great songs) and faster ones with each and everyone of them worth listening to. The CD has two dicss with the first one called Jupiter and the Second called Mars each having 14 tracks. This album includes Tracks like Charlie, Dani california, desacration smile and other good tracks. Also in this album listen to the exellent guitar by john Frusciante. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing. They are meaningful, fun, sometimes random (not often though) Anthony Kiedis is the best. The Red Hot Chili Peppers couldn't have a better guy for the singing. // 8

Overall Impression: The album is by far the best they have ever done. All songs are exellent so no need to skip tracks or anything when your listening just listen to it straight. I love the whole album nothing could be better and if it would get lost or stolen I would definatley buy it again. It rocks. // 8

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: METSOAD, on may 19, 2006

Sound: This might just be the first record to challenge "Master of Puppets" by Metallica or "Back In Black" by AC/DC or even "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" by themselves in terms of raw quality. Flea, Chad and John are all at thier very best musically with challenging yet cathchy riffs and beats from all concerned. They have gelled into a solid and bluesy unit filled with flair and simplicity and more challenging stuff all rolled into 28 peices of musical gold. Disc 2 has alot more of a "Rock Blues" type feel than Disc 1. // 10

Lyrics: Anthony Kedis is one this generations most inspiering song writers with lyrics that seep into the soul, enter the brain and stay there for eternity. The 2 Discs are both very similar lyrically, the traditional types of chilli's, happy, thought provoking, makes no sense yet manages to make people think. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this is a remarkable record because it has a mix of everything people love about rock music: excellent lyrics, awesome riffs, brilliant drumming and on guitar and bass, some beautiful melody lines and solos. I believe disc one is better because the quality of songs is more biased towards disc one. This might just be one of the best albums I have ever heard. There is no let up, all the songs are awesome, the technical ability is just stunning and it just leaves people breathless. I would make sure it would not be stolen but if it were I would kill who stole it and buy 3 more copies. The best ever? Hell yes. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 22, 2006

Sound: The one thing that should be said about this album is that, if you didn't like the Chili Peppers before, don't look to Stadium Arcadium to change your mind. This album covers every style of music they've ever touched, from the melodic pop of By the Way to the funky chaos of Blood Sugar Sex Magik, and it does it very well. The Chili Peppers are in top form, simply doing what they do best. John Frusciante is the stand out, with tight guitar riffs that play with Flea's bass work in inventive and beautiful ways. Chad's drumming is strong, with the African-drum sound on "Hard to Concentrate" particularly coming to mind. Overall, soundwise, its the same old Chili Peppers, doing what they do, and doing it very well. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are occasionally both profound or meaningless, as is typical with Anthony Kiedis. Some of the stronger songs, or at least lyrics with more coherent and tangible meaning, would be "Dani California", "She's Only 18", "Hard to Concentrate" and "Desecration Smile". However, while the lyrics aren't particularly strong, its more about how they're sung. Kiedis has really evolved as a singer, from the empty, aggressive singing of the past, to the stronger melodicness of By the Way. Almost every song has a certain vocal part, usually the chorus, that will have you singing along. John Frusciante adds a lot of depth to the vocal sound with backing vocals that highlight and accentuate Kiedis' part. Overall, its really strong soundwise, but not so strong vocalwise. // 9

Overall Impression: This album is not Californication. It's not Blood Sugar Sex Magik. It's not Mother's Milk. Thankfully, it's also not By The Way. What it is, like I said, is the strongest parts of each of those. It's melodic, it rocks and a majority of the songs have at least something about them that stands out and will have you hooked. That's the one problem for me, though: a lot of the songs have a strong chorus melody, or something, but you have to sit through a less than stellar intro or verse to get to it. That's only on a few songs though. The only true filler, to me, would be "Stadium Arcadium", "Warlocks", "Hump De Bump" and maybe 2 or 3 others. However, there are definitely more strong tracks than there are filler. The chorus to "Charlie" is incredible, and "Hard to Concentrate" and "Desecration Smile" are strong, melodic and beautiful. If this were stolen or lost, I would buy it again because its worth it. It may not be their greatest, but when you're as good as the Chili Peppers, failing to meet expectations doesn't necessarily make a bad album. This is certainly a strong album, and it will grow on you. // 9

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: hobo467, on august 08, 2006

Sound: Typical Chili's sound; that being said, however, Flea's basslines lack their usual awe. My brother has never played a bass in his life and I taught him Dani California in five minutes. Nevertheless, Frusciante kept the guitar lines tight, Kiedis' voice is good as usual and Chad does what he does best. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics from the Chilis always have been and always will be pathetically senseless. Anthony has a great voice, but nothing is even remotely comprehensible. Dani California is the only song that makes even some sense on the album, and that song is apparently a rip-off of Tom Petty's "Mary Jane's Last Dance." It seems the only songs by RHCP that ever make sense lyrically have to have the word California in it. // 4

Overall Impression: Personally, the Chilis are kind of like bread; you leave it out too long, it gets stale. Mother's Milk and BSSM were unbelievable albums, and then they come out with this ode to themselves. They're all so full of themselves now because they have tons of ridiculously hardcore fans who will love almost any garbage they put out. As well, not only did they not make a good album, they sold out; almost every kid I know memorizes all the words to half the songs on the album. I'm appalled that anyone would want to listen to such garbage. // 3

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: The_Fuzz22, on may 27, 2008

Sound: For an established band who promised that they were "bringing the funk back" this album strikes me as sounding unfinished and overly reliant on synths considering the Chili Peppers raw funk-rock background. Frusciante is welcome to distort his guitar sound beyond human recognition on the 10 albums he releases per year but he should keep his effects box away from the studio when working with the Chilis. It sounds as if Flea, a formerly prominent figure within the group's sound has been banished almost entirely. Dani California was a fantastic track that actually made sense serving merely to get our hopes up before this disappointing double-disc album ruined the concept. The only other song that I think truly works on this album is She's Only 18, and even then it sounds quite weak and lacking in usual Chili Pepper passion. // 5

Lyrics: I have always had time for Anthony Kiedis' lyrical games in the past though they are sometimes questionable. This time however, he has really crossed the line between sensible and complete nonsense. He was better off ON drugs and addicted to sex, lyrically at least. Most of these songs make little or no sense. While this style is acceptable in some artists, it most certainly is not living up to the quality that this group have offered in the past. // 4

Overall Impression: This album has nothing on Blood Sugar Sex Magik, or in fact any of their previous releases. Some claim that the fact that there are 2 discs indicates a wealth of creative power, when in fact all it displays is a blatant weakness in not being able to work out which songs to work on harder. My recommendation at the time would have been to cut out the crap ones and put more effort into the songs with promise so that they don't sound so incomplete and out of place with each other. I would expect this of a group releasing their second album and therefore in need of experimentation, not of a well established group such as the Chilis. // 5

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 08, 2006

Sound: So this is the Red Hot Chili Pepper's great masterpiece, eh? Well, as Flea said in an interview, this certainly is the Chili Peppers, and if you don't like at least part of this album, you probably don't (and never did) like much about the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The sound in this album borrows heavily from their own work in the past, and really can be thought of as a culmination of all that said work. It has its share of slow rockers (Snow, She's Only 18, Made You Feel Better) and funk tunes (Hump De Bump, Warlocks, 21st Century), and for the most part, the pacing is pretty good. Are there fillers? Yeah, probably at least a couple of the songs could have been dropped, but depending on who you ask, these songs will probably differ (in my opinion, Readymade, Animal Bar, Torture Me, and Slow Cheetah are markedly inferior to the other material in this album.) Sonically, they don't so much experiment as evolve. Listening to the album, the thing that struck me was that this album didn't sound like any particular Chili's previous discs, but reminded me nonetheless of much of their past work. Only a couple of departures from the Chili's sound are obvious, and they, for the most part work, see the Simon and Garfunkel-ish If and the '60s pop of Made You Feel Better. One last thing, the instrumentation of the album is excellent, as Frusciante finally discarded the minimalist playing of the Chili's last few albums, and really busts loose with excellent guitar work. Flea's bass is no longer as prominent as it has been, but crack up that bass a bit and you'll see it is just as furious and funky as before, it just blends into Chad's drumming much better than in the past. The band has definitely evolved, even since By The Way. // 9

Lyrics: Asking Kiedis' lyrics to make sense is a futile and worthless effort. The best you can hope for is vague symbolism and metaphor and random words inserted to make the song rhyme. As demonstrated in songs like Hump De Bump, Kiedis is more interested in the sound of the words than what the words represent themselves. That said, I really enjoyed the lyrics of She's Only 18, Hard To Concentrate, and Death Of A Martian. His voice has help up pretty well over the years, and he is probably one of the only singers over 40 that's still expanding his singing repertoire. "Charlie" is one of my top three songs on this album simply because of the voicework. // 8

Overall Impression: Is this album good? Well, it's only good if you think the Red Hot Chili Peppers are good, as nothing in this album will change anyone's opinion about them. You'll either love them more, or you'll hate them more. This album is at once as melodic as By The Way, and as funky as Blood Sugar Sex Magic (ok, maybe not that funky, but I swear Storm In A Teacup is the funkiest song they've done since Freaky Styley). Contrary to popular opinion of those who criticize this album, the songs don't sound the same at all, and really, each song has its own unique flavor. The problem? 28 songs is just too much to listen to at once. As such, I suggest listening through it in segments, which should help in digesting the songs more easily. If the Chili's had decided to only use the best 15 songs of this album, I would be hailing this as the masterpiece of the year, but still, even the fillers feel like they belong here. This is the Chili's experience, whether you enjoy it or not is really up to you. // 9

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: wings4marie, on may 18, 2006

Sound: The Red Hot Chili Peppers are a unique sounding band. In my opinion they are like rock meets funk meets reggae. Some guitar sounds like its straight out of the '70s, when other riffs sound like some current metal bands, with similar variety in vocals and bass lines. The band's bassist Flea came up with the album name Stadium Arcadium. // 10

Lyrics: Anthony Keidis is an amazing vocalist. The lyrics are like rap because almost every line they write rhymes with the next. But as far as the notes and scales he uses, that gives it a strong reggae-funk feel to the song. // 10

Overall Impression: Definitely one of their better albums with Frusciante on guitar. He is definitely playing at his best now that he's gotten himself cleaned up. The thing, or song I should say, that I love the most on this album is the song Snow (Hey Oh). The intro backs up what I said about John playing at his best. Anyone that's owns one of their CD's, or anyone that plays guitar should pick this up, I only paid $16. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: renie91, on may 25, 2006

Sound: Unlike previous Chili Pepper's hit albums (Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californication) the newest album Stadium Arcadium is more of a round up of all the previous sounds that make the Peppers songs unique. The blend of funk/rock/pop is really refreshing, however when listening to the double disc album of 28 songs you notice riffs or a snippets of the melody that you swear that you've heard before. John Frusciante adds the mad variety by using most of the guitar pedals that have ever existed and creates a sound that is quite different to the 'less is more' attitude he previously held. Stadium Arcadium also ventures in the more ballad style of Califorication with acoustic backing on songs such as Slow Cheetah and most of the songs on the Mars disc. But a few minutes later John F is back to powerful chords and Hendrix like tributes. // 9

Lyrics: The Red Hots lyrics or indeed Anthony Kiedis' lyrics like before are intertwined with emotion and the linger of past experiences. Having said that, the lyrics seem to lack the sting of past songs like Under the Bridge. Maybe that's a good thing, considering that when Kiedis wrote Under the Bridge he was in the midst of shooting up in the city and recently is sober and drug free. Never the less the lyrics don't lack relevance with 'Hard to Concentrate' drawing on the thriving relationship between Chad Smith, his wife and their son and Flea his girlfriend and their daughter. In this emotion riddled song Kiedis sings; All I want is for you to be happy and take this moment to make you my family. Another point worth mentioning is that while Kiedis sings with passion he often was hesitant in performing slow acoustic melodic songs. However demonstrated in Stadium Arcadium is Kiedis' ability to hold a note and indeed a melody. // 8

Overall Impression: Compared to other albums by the Red Hot Chili Peppers I found Stadium Arcadium more of a round up of the history of their different sounds and different styles. But it still is awesome! For that very reason it is really hard to specifically choose the outstanding songs as each have their own unique stlye, rhythm and tone. What I love about this album is that this album is uniquely Red Hot Chili Pepper-ish! Better buy it, it's definelty worth it // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: Ricky9, on may 31, 2006

Sound: When buying this album on a late thursday night at a local Sainsbury's after seeing the Kooks, I did have high expectations from the new album, 4 years in the making. I was impressed by the Dani California song which I think has seen them get back to their best. The singing on this album is beautiful, the bass and drums and top notch, and the guitaring is sublime. John Frusciante is really at his best now, which great guitaring riffs in every song. Mentions for him has to go to Snow (Hey Oh) and solo's in Charlie and Turn It Again. RHCP have made this album brilliant with their collective sounds. // 10

Lyrics: Anthony Kiedis has always been a favourate singer of mine. And this album highlights his talents as a singer and song writer. There are some fantastic lyrics on this album. And the backing vocals from John add something extra special to each song. Kiedis is a great singer, but sometimes I get the feeling of a rapping vibe, in which he is trying to rhyme nearly every word with the next. But all in all, great lyrics. // 9

Overall Impression: In my opinion, maybe their best album so far. It brings back the old Chili's and adds something new in as well. Which makes a great album. Dani California, Snow, Torture Me, Tell Me Baby, Turn It Again and Wet Sand are my highlights of the album. And as Flea says "If you don't like this album, you don't like the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Period." // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 15, 2006

Sound: The Red Hot Chili Peppers are undoubtedly the biggest band in the world right now. Having already released two greatest-hits albums containing countless hits, I wasn't sure they'd be able to create a gem like this. Their new album is entitled "Stadium Arcadium," and it's utterly brilliant. The sound of the album is great. John Frusciante's guitar playing is heavenly; Frusciante is easily the Clapton of the 21st century. His solos in "readymade," "Dani California," and "21st Century" are simply dazzling and incredible. Chad Smith's drumming only continues to improve. Smith's percussion is amazing on this album, especially in songs like "Hump de Bump" and "Warlocks." And then there was Flea. Don't even get me started on Flea. This man is AMAZING. Hell, amazing is a major understatement. Flea's bass playing is, has been, and always will be the most recognized and popular foundation to the Chili Peppers music since day one. Flea's virtuous bass playing shows a few different styles in this album. Slower songs like "She's Only 18" and "Charlie" show that he can play a mean bass riff without having to go crazy. However, there are several other songs on the album where Flea really gets to let loose and let his bass to the talking. Songs such as "Warlocks," "Tell Me Baby," and the incredible bassline in "Hump de Bump" remind people just how incredible Flea really is. I honestly think that Flea could possibly be the best bass player in the world right now. // 10

Lyrics: Honestly, I find some lyrics good, and some stupid. Lyrics in songs such as "Dani California" and "Stadium Arcadium" are well-written, though it does kind of seem like they struggled to write them. Other songs like "Desecration Smile" and "Tell Me Baby," however, show that their lyrics can be good and make sense. Several other songs, though, have lyrics that should altogether be changed. Songs like "Hump De Bump" and definitely "Especially in Michigan" contain nonsensical lyrics (ex. "Double chins and bowling pins and holy Presbyterians... especially in Michigan). If the lyrics were changed in some of these songs, especially "Hump de Bump" (which, with a little lyrical improvement, could easily be the album's best song), the album would be even better than it already is. // 5

Overall Impression: This album is the "Revolver" of the 21st century. It's completely unique, and this aformentioned uniquity to the Chili Peppers' music has failed to become mainstream until the release of "Stadium Arcadium." The band's musical ability was simply sensational in this album, and the Peppers went all out for this one. Not only was Frusciante's guitar incredible in songs like "Snow (Hey Oh)," but he also played blistering solos in "Dani California" and "Readymade" to name a couple. The rhythm section of the Chili Peppers is the reason I keep coming back, however. THe combination of Chad Smith's incredible drumming and Flea's godlike bass playing is what holds the music together every single track. Chad's drumming in "Stadium Arcadium" and "Hump de Bump" are highlights. Flea's bass playing... wow. His basslines in "Tell Me Baby," "She's Only 18," and "Warlocks" are memorable gemstones of the album. However, I must say Flea's most magnificent work to date is "Hump de Bump." Yes, I said it... best work to date. This song was by far the highlight of the album for me. "Hump de Bump" has an easy yet catchy guitar riff, sweet drum beat, and Flea's bass thumbing during the verse is simple but excellent. Once the chorus comes through, Flea goes wild with an absolutely orgasmic bass line that shows what the Chili Peppers are truly about and makes the song the highlight of the disc for many people, not just myself. All in all, the highlights of the album are "Stadium Arcadium," "Tell Me Baby," "She's Only 18," "Readymade," and, of course, the funk smash "Hump de Bump." // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: DanTheMan7772, on july 31, 2006

Sound: Stadium Arcadium includes the same sound that we continue to know from RHCP, and that is a good thing. Slow songs, fast songs, crazy guitar solos, strange vocals, it's all here, and it's all good. None of the songs feel like they where rushed, either, they each feel like they got the time they needed in the studio to keep them as good sa the others, so don't worry about that. // 10

Lyrics: There are 28 songs on this album, and each song feels completely different then the other. The lyrics are good, some are better than the others, and some songs are complete changes from some of their past albums. Some of the songs are a little different then past albums, but a step in a good direction, to fully understand you must listen to the album. // 10

Overall Impression: Stadium Arcadium is a huge triumph for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Not only do we get another excellent album, but we get 2 CD's included, a grand total of 28 songs, each one completely different, and each one a success, none of them feel like to much, or too little. People sometimes complain about bands taking to long to release a new CD, but when you get amazing albums like this, why would we complain? // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: shugo449, on january 15, 2007

Sound: This CD, the latest release from R.H.C.P., is what you would expect. Anthony has the same additude and vocals, Jon's playing is always getting better, Flea is crazy, and Chad keeps it real byy using beats theat do the song justice, not kill it in a double bass frenzy. My favorite tracks are "Storm in a Teacup", "Snow", and "Dani California". The later two both have cool build-ups with either a cool solo thing or harmony at the end. The sound is what you expect from The Chili Peppers. // 9

Lyrics: Anthony's lyrics are, well, to me, surprisingly average. A lot reference to alcohol, drugs and sex, but that's rock 'n' roll, for you. As I said before, it's like when I procrastinate till I have two days to do a project and ten it comes out like crap. Still decent, though. // 7

Overall Impression: This CD, was fairly average compared to mainstream rock. I was surprised, but it was true. This CD has Jon is at one of his peak playing times. This CD is good for anyone. Good for a mainstream rock fan. If I lost this, honestly, I wouldn't buy it again. I would just by "Dani California", and "Snow". Don't let those tracks deceive you into thinking it's amazing. // 6

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: Chosenfro68, on february 19, 2007

Sound: This record, alone, got me into funk. It really had every style built in to it. Some of you people may know, As Anthony Said, "We were all in love while making the album, Even Rick [Rubin]" So that relaly shows in lots of the songs. Like I said earlier Every style is blending In with the Song. Whether it's hard rockin "Torture Me", or if it's pretty lil' "If", they pull it off very well. // 9

Lyrics: When I first got the album, I never checked out the lyrics. And trust me, that was a BIG mistake. The lyrics are just as imprtant as the music. Songs like Snow ((Hey oh)) show the feeling he might of had after quiting something, like a drug addiction. And lyrics like Death of A Martian show the feeling of loss toward Fleas dog, Martian, After he died. The lyrics seem to flow very well with the music, songs like "Slow Cheetah" have great flow. And last but not least, Anthonys singing. Anthony has gone from rapping, too evolving his voice into somthing as smooth and crisp as a rose under the sun. In other words, it's great. // 10

Overall Impression: Jupiter 01. Dani California - this song gives you an idea of what's going to come, Funk, Rock, and Mellow Rock. This song is the overall taste of the album, but it's not the best on the album. 02. Snow ((Hey Oh)) - this song is great, (my opinion) Anthony is singing about the trouble of trying to get off drugs ("The more I see the less I know, the more I'd like to let it go.", "Deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder, where it's so white as Snow"). Not to mention the wonderful guitar work of Frusciante. 03. Charlie - I love this song, It gives us back the funk we loved, and missed. Right from the Intro I knew this would be a favorite. Listen to all of it, to enjoy it. 04. Stadium Arcadium - very underated, I saw them live and it gave me so much love for the song. When I listen to the chorus (hippy vision) I think of me and other musicians making a path from earth to space with just our music. Very cool song. 05. Hump De Bump - I remember my friend telling me about this song for the first time, he was so happy. In fact he wouldn't stop singing the chorus for months. Whether your a guitar player, bass blayer, drum beater, or even a singer. You will find this song very nifty. Gives me the same feeling that "Yertle the Turtle" (Freakey Styley) does. 06. She's Only 18 - for me this song really goes through different stages. Starts funky, then goes into the rock driven chorus, then back too funky. Not too mention one of the greatest solos on the album near the end. I love this song (As you can see I love every song so far). 07. Slow Cheetah - when I listen to this song I think of all the things in this world we take for granted that's just fading away right befor us. Now of cours that's not what's it's about but it's my look at it. This song very mellow, and is easy to listen to. This song is very deep, almost like "Castles Made Of Sand" (Jimi Hendrix). and leaves me with the same feeling too. Wonderful, trippy, outro too. 08. Torture Me - when you hear that bass intro you get punped up like "Oh this is gonna be great!" Just like a fan boy seeing his favorite band befor a concert. And trust me it doesnt't stop rocking, until the Mellow beatiful ditty befor the solo. It just slows down... and makes everything beatiful for a second. It builds more and more suspense like "This is it! The solo!" It literly explodes into the main riff with john playing a very intense solo. Wonderfull song. 09. Strip My Mind - my interpretaion of this song is sorrow and lonelyness one can get one they are famouse. No matter what the lyrics mean the music speaks for it self. This song is soft drivin' rock. And can almost bring a tear to my eye just by listening to the notes. And when you think the song might end John comes in with a solo. And what a solo it is. Album favorite. 10. Especially In Michigan - when I first heard this song I could of cares less about it. Really. I could have. But then I gave it a shot, and it grew on me, fast, Very very fast. I love it now. Lyrics are of course about Anthonys home-town Michigan and it really is a good homage to it. Such a beatiful chorus. 11. Warlocks - after listening to Hump de Bump you may wonder. "Where did the funk go." Then it comes in fast, no build up. And trust me is doesnt't need a build up. I saw this live and they play it perfectly. The chorus has a main-stream melody, but the verse gives you some straight up funk. And the solo is'nt a let down. Oh boy he spices the song up. 12. C'mon Girl - this song sounds average in the begginging. Just one of those songs you think you should pass, but then the chorus busts in. Very quickly. And in the makes the 10 times better. when I saw this live down in Charlotte I was saying "Why are they playing this? It's not a really good song." But oh man was I blown away. I was diggin the song. The chorus was very intense, and the verse was erie but easy listening. But really I gotts tell you.. I'm a bass player, and this solo blows me away. It is so cool, his less is more theorie really works. One of my favorites. 13. Wet Sand - this song was a favorite of mine ever since I got the album. But then I broke up with a girl and this song gave more meaning to me. The song seems beatiful already with the verse and chorus, but right when it strikes into the Outro. You realize "This song is just getting started". when I hear those lyrics "Your don't form in the wet sand, but I do." I think about how bad you feal after a relationship ends, whether it's your best friend, your girlfriend, or your family. You feel like you deserve to be dropped under wet sand and never come back and they should stay above ground to live. I love this song. 14. Hey - another song I could relate to after I broke up her, it's a song about lonelyness and not being able to talk or connect with the one you used to love. You can also relate to is if you love someone but they don't love you. Rejection and Loss of Affection are the feelings of this song, and everyone can relate to those. The solo fits in very well. Mars 01. Desecration Smile - when I hear this song it I feel the guild of going out with someone and you know your not right for them. This song is very Beatiful, but for the first time, does not compare to all the other tracks. 02. Tell Me Baby - this song tricks you. You think of another slow song. Nope, this number packs in the Funk nice and hard. Slap bass is through the whole song, and the guitar doesnt't let up either, First solo he just hits a four octave solo (hitting a note and holding, going an octave up, and on and on). But then the second solo Frusciante hits a "less is more solo" and if your playing slap bass with this solo you help but to jump around. This song is about hope of getting big, but facing the truth of Hollywood. It's hard. I love this song (not to mention the video). 03. Hard To Concentrate - this song is about having something that you love deeply in your life and it gets hard to concentrate about anything else because of this love. The love could be your girl, you music, your instrument, your education, anything. This style of the peppers what formed on Ground breaking "Californication" with the song "Porcelain". I love this song, and it means a lot to me. 04. 21st Century - when I heard this song it really made me think. What is up with this world lately? It also made me wonder what genre it was really under. It had the funk feel, but a lot of that percise bass plucking that punk rock gave. This song really gives the peppers a new sound. And also a very cool solo. I love this song. 05. She Looks To Me - this song reminds me of a girl that I know. She hasn't had the greatest life, and really has a short temper because she'd afraid, afraid that what you might say will hurt her. Now I don't feel the love for this girl like Anothony writes about. But I still love this song. It gives me the same vibe that "Breaking the Girl" (Blood Sugar Sex Magik) does. 06. Readymade - what a song. This song is just too good. It has that classic rock verse, and that keeps that right into the chorus. But right when the ong starts to slip in inovativeness there's comes the solo. It pops right out after anthony Says "Clean it up Johnny!" I can only imagine the energy this carries live. And once the solo ends the song is only getting started. It goes into a drum break down! Very funky. After the break down frusciante tricks us. with an out of tune chord but then goes back into the verse and wraps up the song with the chorus. I can't describe my love for this song. 07. If - in the same state of mind as "Porcelain" this song "If" descirbes all the love that's inside of him. This song is very short but too the point. I could listen to this song all day. 08. Make You Feel Better - this song is a new style for the Chilis. And that's not a bad thing, This song is about them as musicians, theyr job is to make people feel better with their music. The chorus is quiet beatiful in my opinion. This song wont let you down. 09. Animal Bar - This song is very trippy. Most likely because of the guitar effects used on it. And the bubbley effect used on the backing vocals. This song is very intense in the chorus, and really is an album favorite. Not only is it very new for the peppers, but it gives me that feeling I get when I listen to Pink Floyd. Very cool Song. Worth listening to. 10. So Much I - this song is very much like Torture me, it rocks. It rocks hard, until. The unexpecting pre-chorus. It slows down just for little bit, then goes into the simple but wonderful feeling chorus. Overall this song is very cool. I could listen to it all day. 11. Storm In A Tea Cup - oh man this is a standout track. It brings the funk you missed after "Tell Me Baby". And smacks it in your face just like in the Blood Sugar Days. If your a fan of slap bass it's here. Not as fast and hardcore as Get up And Jump is but it's here. This is so fun to play, listen to, or even think about. This song has it goin' on. 12. We Beleive - very erie, it gives me the feeling that "Leverage Of Space" does. Not much to say other than that. Great song though it is perfect with the album. 13. Turn It Again - this song is (in the verse) musically in the same sloppy but funky free flowing style "Give It Away" had. But when the chorus pops up, the guitar and vocals really stand out. Frusciante and Anthony really did a good job with this album. I love the feeling from it. Now I've mentioned the basics of the song but the outro/guitar solo is Johns best guitar solo yet hands down. With a (estimate) whopping of at least 4 Guitar tracks, he practically makes a a new song with this solo. There's the main melody part, then a solo, then what seems like a bridge then an outro. All in one solo. I'm sorry but this is my favorite of this whole album. 14. Death Of A Martian - this is it, this is the last song. This ends up the album. and they couldnt of ended it any better. It has the slow verse, Intense Chorus, and mind blowing outro. I'm a sucker for this song. I mean it almost made me cry, since it is a song about martian fleas dog, who died. As said by Anthony and Flea martian was a very big symbol in Californication, he was a sign of love that kept them loving each other and the music. And now that he's gone they made a song that describes the chilis perfectly. Very dramatic album. And really it's the best they've done so far. I love the chilis. All of their work. From the Demo they did befor their first album to this album Stadium Arcadium. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: |<guitarhero>|, on april 28, 2007

Sound: This album is simply amazing! It is my favorite RHCP album. The music is very upbeat as in Tell Me Baby, or mellow as in Dani California. I've always loved the RHCP. I've never met anyone who doesn't like them. But I've been curious what Dani, as in Dani California, means. But, back to the music, Stadium Arcadium's first big single was Dani California, followed by Tell Me Baby, and now Snow (Hey Oh) is the hot single, I personally like Snow (Hey Oh) the best of those three songs. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are great. They usually aren't very obvious in meaning (listen to Dani California or Snow Hey Oh), and the tracks have interesting names, such as If or Hump de Bump. As usual, the the lyrics match brilliantly with the instrumentals. I'm not a bass player but I like the bass line in Snow (Hey Oh). And as a guiraist, I appreciate the work put into these riffs. I think that Anthony is one of or the best singer/songwriter in modern rock. His voice is one of the trademarks of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. // 10

Overall Impression: When I first saw the track list I was blown away by the number of tracks.My friend bought the album practically right when it was realeased, so I've heard it many times, most bands die out or start slacking after two good albums, but the RHCP have releaed three brilliant albums and are still on the rise. My favorite songs are Dani California, Tell Me Baby, Snow (Hey Oh), and She's Only 18.I love the sound of the guitars that sound interesting(thank you, effects pedals). If I lost this album, I would immediatly go replace it. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: AimlessAmoeba, on may 11, 2006

Sound: Everytime I hear a Chili's album that Froosh plays on I get obsessed with his playing style for a month or two. Why? Well, because he's good! A lot of Stadium Arcadium's playing has almost a Hendrix flavour to it, albeit a more modern rendition of a Jimiesque style. A lot of the songs on the album sound a lot like previous Chili's songs, but, I mean, that's the point, right? I've only listened through both CDs once so far, but there wasn't one song that let me down. Oh. Right. Flea can sure play bass. I had to have a cigarette after listening to him thump around at the speed he does. // 9

Lyrics: Anthony Kiedis, 'nuff said. I love Frusciante's vocals too, he's a fantastic backup singer. Kiedis' lyrics have always seemed very symbolic to me. I've read his autobiography "Scar Tissue" twice and after looking into his past like that it really puts a new spin on the lyrics to his songs. He's getting older but still manages to reach the younger generations. // 9

Overall Impression: It's fantastic. The only Chili's album that I didn't like was One Hot Minute, and this is nothing like that. If I had to compare it to an older album, I'd say it's like a mix between Mother's Milk and Californication, only 28 tracks long. If it were stolen (which I could totally see someone doing, it's badass) I'd buy it again. I'd buy it for my cat, my dog, grandma! They didn't let us down. Go buy it. Or download it for free. Just listen to it. // 9

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: GibSONz, on may 13, 2006

Sound: It only takes one listen to understand the complexities in Stadium Arcadium. Though it has been a few years since the last RHCP album, the band maintains its "quirky" funk/alternative status, delivering an action packed 28 song LP. Overall, the sound is fantastic as is the quality and there is a catchy beat in each song that helps hinder the sometimes unruly lyrics. // 10

Lyrics: One of the songs on S.A. is clled "Torture Me", and is quite similar to some of the lyrics on this album. "Hump De Bump" is good, but I feel more stupid trying to comprehend the lyrics. Honestly, "Get On Top" from Californication was better than some of this. However, "Charlie", "Desecration Smile" and "Slow Cheetah" show that weird lyrics sometimes make a song all the more enjoyable. // 8

Overall Impression: I am not totally sure that this CD deserves a 10, as disc 1 is amazing while disc 2, is well, "disc 2". Mars seems like an add-on to the original slate and after 5 consecutive listens, it soesnt have that punch or catchiness that the first disc has. Otherise, the CD is extremely well done. The song selection and order are fantastic and it is a very endrung album that makes you want to listen to it. Buy it, and prepare to be mystified. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: Biohazard, on may 13, 2006

Sound: They've done it again. The Peps are still doing awesome after all these years. Most bands will change their style with a full 180 down the line, but not the peps. I'll admit, it wasn't as funky as bssm, but this is still one of my favorite albums. And as for saying how amazing it is, I'll give it a badass. It's not the best thing they've ever done. This album does very well describe the peps though. From funk to slow rock, this album tackles each style with a head on collision. // 9

Lyrics: Anthony Kiedis is freaking insane. I love his lyrics so much and this album does not disappoint. In the funkier/faster songs, it seems like he's right at home, and on the slower songs, it's like he has found a new home. He's no freddie mercury, but this voice is what the band is built for. // 8

Overall Impression: As stated before, this is not their best work, but its still badass. Anthony did say they would deliver hardcore funk, and on some songs they did. The most impressive songs to me on the album are Hump De Bump, Readymade (such good guitar), 21st Century, and yes Dani California. I love how they managed to peg what they're about with this album and if it were stolen or lost, I'd spend the 50 bucks again and get the special edition pack. // 9

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 13, 2006

Sound: The sound of the album, the only way I can put it is imagine an equal portion of By The Way, Californication, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, even One Hot Minute, and a mix of all their previous four albums, stick it all in a blender, and Stadium Arcadium is what you get. This album sees RHCP touching the sound of every stage in their 23 year career. This album offers some of the wickedest guitar solos I've ever heard. And for those of you who have been wondering, yes, they have brought back the funk, and everything else they have done. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are deep and mysterious as most of Kiedis's lyrics have been eversince One Hot Minute. Like I said before it sees the band doing a lil bit of everything, and that includes Kiedis. He also shows a new side to his microphone with a deep bellow in some parts. His vocal capabilities are the best that they have ever been. He seems to be telling a story in every song, and there seems to be an underlying message throughout the entire album, just listen closely and I think you'll get it. // 9

Overall Impression: My overall impression of the album, was it met every expectation that I had or had heard of it. Actually, from all the hype I expected it to surpass my already high expectations, which it did not, but for RHCP to actually live up to all the hype and make music like this is amazing. Its incredible how a band can still be cranking out an ever evolving sound after 23 years. These guys are at the top of there game, and this is funk-metal at its best. And thats they way it should be, after all these are the guys who started the whole thing. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 15, 2006

Sound: Pure greatness on their part for making this album. It captured what everyone wanted. It leaves listeners pleased with teh chili peppers after disapointment form By The Way. So many great songs to be herd. Everyday I like one over the other. It just depends on my mood. Some of the best songs, Wet Sand (it's the Scar Tissue of this album), then you have Snow, Charlie, Animal bar, and storm in a teacup, wow what a song! brings back all the old school stuff. Now some of the new music sounding has to be Strip My Mind, I really feel this song was made from the influence of The Mars Volta, a stellar intergallactic song. It makes sense too since they r opening for them on this tour. I recomend all checking out the mars volta. Again best guitar ever! some solos give me chills everytime I hear them. // 10

Lyrics: Anthony got greater once again. He just blew me away. Sure some of it is not meaningfull at all, but some songs are sooo deep like wet sand. It's not his best, but its just behind Californication I think. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall I love the mixture in this album and it shows how they have grown and recognized their own talents. I definatly see this as top 3 album. Everything on this album is great, even the repetative ones. I see a comparison with Mothers Milk and Californication. Really this album left me speechless at first. I'd buy another one any day if I lost it. Thank you RHCP. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: Sly Stone, on may 20, 2006

Sound: The sound on this record is phenominal especially John Frusciante who is the best guitar player ever, he was always a great guitar player but only played great solos live, like on live at slane and live in hyde park but now he has but great guitar solos on a studio album it is just pure brilliance. Flea is the best bass player and is always exellent. Chad is the hard hitter he has always been and has not lost anything through age. And kiedis is still the best frontman ever. These are my opinions. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are catchy and I like them Anthony has definetly got better as a singer. I read somewhere that John Frusciante has been giving him lessons. I especially love the backing vocals john frusciante has a beautiful voice, I like it on wet sand where he distorts his voice, he does that a lot on his solo albums. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this album mainly because of Frusciante's guitar playing, I love all the songs because there great in their own way, maybe their too many songs I thought maybe 22 should have been on the album after hearing the first time, but then I thought no they all have there own feel and there all great. The songs that stand out to me are Dani california, Snow (Hey Oh), Especially In Michigin, Tell Me Baby, Slow Cheetah, all of them. I hope Frusciante carrys on the amazing guitar solos on the next Chili album (god please let there be another) and on his solo records. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: sidetracked, on may 25, 2006

Sound: The Chili Peppers have got to be one of the best alternative bands in history. Their sound in this album is a come-back of their old style mixed with a little bit of their new style. It is my favorite album. I've had it for a week and a half and that's all I've listened to. Flea's basslines are inspiring, and give this album it's unique, awesome sound. There are 28 songs, and I wouldn't call any of them bad. Every single song has it's own amazing sound, and makes this album, in my opinion, the Chili Peppers' best album ever. // 10

Lyrics: The Chili Peppers have a really good singer, and I don't even know what the lyrics are, but they sound great with the songs. My overall impression of the lyrics is almost as good as that of the bass, and the rest of the instrumental. I don't really pay much attention to lyrics, but the singer is good. // 9

Overall Impression: Like I said before, this is one of the best albums in rock history. The best songs are Dani California, Snow, Charlie, Hump De Bump, Torture Me, Warlocks, C'mon Girl, Tell Me Baby, So Much I, Storm In A Teacup, and Turn It Again. If I had to pick the best 5 songs, they would be Hump De Bump, Charlie, Tell Me Baby, So Much I, and Warlocks. What I love most about it is Flea's basslines, they are inspiring. I don't hate anything about it except that it didn't release until this year. If it were stolen or lost, I would definitely buy it again. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: Benny989, on may 29, 2006

Sound: The first Red Hot Chili Pepper's song I ever heard was Scar Tissue. I was listening to Californication over at a friend's house and from then on, I loved them. Anthony Kiedis has a great voice, Flea's basslines are extremely catchy, and the guitar riffs are great. After buying and listening to By The Way, I really wanted to buy Stadium Arcadium. When I finally got the chance, I was amazed. The only song I had heard from it was Dani California and I thought that was great, it's not even one of my favorite songs now! The sound of the music is extremely catchy, and I find myself listening to this CD over and over. I feel like their sound has matured since their last releases, also. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very catchy and sometimes meaningful. But often, they seem random but fun. The lyrics I enjoy listening to the most on this album is probably She Looks To Me. The lyrics that are the most FUN to listen to is probably from Hump De Bump. Overall, the lyrics are great, though I don't think the match the catchiness of the music. // 8

Overall Impression: Comparing this CD to By The Way, there are things better and worse. I like By The Way's lyrics more, but Stadium Arcadium has much better music in my opinion. Also, Stadium Arcadium has many more songs, so it's a better listen than any of their other albums (all of the songs are good). The most impressive songs from the album are Torture Me (good lyrics, awesome bass intro), Snow (Hey Oh) (bass and guitar parts go together perfectly. Also, I like the more laid back feeling of this song), and Tell Me Baby (everything about this song is great! It's my dad's favorite too). So, in conclusion, I would definitely buy this album. If I lost this album, I wouldn't even have to think about whether to buy a new one or not, it's great! // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: guitarkid2113, on june 19, 2006

Sound: I really love the Chili Peppers' new sound, it's a bit more pop but still the mind blowing Frusciante solos and heart thumping bass riffs. It seems like they are sometimes using old synthesizers in Snow Hey Oh. it gives it a nice thick sound. It's really amazing at how far they've come considering they've been around for over two decades with so many line up changes. From hard core funk beats like Charlie and Hump de Bump, to dream-like lullabies like Hard To Concetrate and Snow (Hey Oh), this album may be one of their greatest ones yet, next to Blood Sugar Sex Magik. // 10

Lyrics: I have the impression that Kiedis was going for more melodic lyrics instead of the fast, choppy, rap like lyrics except for the select few songs. These lyrics really fit the smooth music of the entire album. Anthony Kiedis has been maturing as a song writer, as well as a singer. His voice is much more in tune with the music. // 9

Overall Impression: I love the new sound that they have. Its very mellow and dream like, as I said before. They seem to also be using old synthesizers, that reminds me of Abbey Road. The only thing I distaste about this album is that I wish there were a few more fast beat funk tunes. But the new sound definately makes up for that. If this album were stolen, I'd most definately buy this again, but the guy who stole it has very good reason for stealing it! Great album. // 9

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 27, 2006

Sound: The overall sound of this album is breathtaking to say the least, it seems Anthony and the boys have pulled out all the stops on this one and have reached their height in creativity. Constantly re-inventening theirselves, it seems one band member has finaly found the sound he's looking for. John's guitar-playing sounds alive, and he actually sounds like he know what he's doing (especialy on songs such as 'Charlie', 'Wet Sand' and 'Stadium Arcadium'). Flea still provides the funky basslines that bring the songs alive, and Chad with ever complicated drum-work. Anthony's voice hasn't changed at all in their absense, and to me, That's good to hear. I couldn't really imagine anything else in his place. // 9

Lyrics: To me, Anthony has always been an amazing lyricist. Some may criticise his on/off rushed approach to lyrics; on some of their more funky songs in particular. But meaningless or heartfelt ("My shadow side, So amplified, Keeps coming back dissatisfied" Is an amazing song opener), he always manages to bring something special to the music. The best part of this album, in vocal terms, is definatly John's harmonies. (Particularly on the song 'Stadium Arcadium') Apart from supplying the guitar, John's harmonies add an amazing amount of emotion and power to the music. // 9

Overall Impression: Chilli's are, without a doubt, the are the ultimate uber-talented band of the last 20 years. There is no weak link between them, therefore there is no bad instrument parts in their music whatsoever. They are the masters of the multi-genre, whether playing electrifying funk, punk, rock or deep, emotional songs linked to their past, they always manage to supply amazing albums playable for months or years. Also, easily the world's coolest band. Buy it! I did, and I didn't miss out. // 9

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: af2192, on june 29, 2006

Sound: The sound of the Red Hot Chili Peppers is amazing. Their songs I believe have taken rock music to the next level. The music they write really comes from the heart and expresses their true inner feelings about the world around them. This group has many talented people especially their bassist. They are very original. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are catchy and are very true. I can, and probably many of you as well, can relate to the music at a personal level. The lyrics to their songs really draw me into their music. Their singer and back up vocalists are amazing and have wonderful voices. // 9

Overall Impression: Their are many great songs on this album. Some of my personal favorites are Dani California, Snow (Hey Oh), Torture Me, Tell me Baby, and Hard to Concentrate. If I had this album stolen from me its definitley worth buying again. This album has manyy songs and does not exactly compare to any other album or artist from my perspective. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: GuitarGuitar, on july 03, 2006

Sound: The Jupider disk contains mostly clasic Red Hot Chili peppers rock. It has a sunny california feel as similar to californication but softer. The guitar work is excelent as usual as well as the bass. I found that the singing was often bland and whith the duration of some of the tracks this is probably the disk greatest flaws. One the whole there are plenty of great songs on this disk but it plays more like a greatest hits album than anything else. This CD has a couple of funk/rock tracks along with some traditional straight out rock. Just after I bought this album I read a reveiw saying that the mars album was realy the best part of the set at that time I didn't think that the songs on either disk worked well together. But now I have listned to it this is the disk you should by the album for. It starts off with one of the best tracks on the album "Desecration Smile" and then continues with tracks that arent perfect on their own but together they make for great listening. This disk contains mostly Spacey pop balads but a few acoustic and funk tracks. // 8

Lyrics: Anothy Keidis is one of my favorite singers and his lyrics as always are catchy and easy to sing along to but one occasion he throws in a realy meaning full effort. His lyrics are fitting and add to the mood of every track although sometimes he sings similar melodies to other red hot Chili Peppers tracks. // 7

Overall Impression: This is probably the Chili Peppers' 3rd best effort after Californication and Blood Sugar Sex Magik and about equal with by the way. If you ever liked any Red Hot Chili Peppers stuff then you will probably like at least part of Stadium Arcadium. The best song off the album are "Hey," "Desecration Smile," "Storm In A Teacup," "Dani California" and "Snow (Hey Oh)." // 9

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 10, 2006

Sound: The bands I like at the moment are heavy, loud and dark. My musical tastes now though would not be present without the band Red Hot Chili Peppers. That is fact. I loved Blood Sugar, By the Way, Californication was gd too, Freaky Styley extremly random, and Mothers Milk, which I thought was a stroke of genius. Stone Cold Bush, wotta song. So Since By the Way I had gone from Linkin Park to Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold, so now I wait for the Chilis, hoping that they will not be the cutsy light stuff that By The Way had become since my musical tastes enhanced. Dani California blew me off my seat personally. I liked the fact they heavied it up a bit but retained the chiliness. I had to buy the album. And soon into it I realised this was really gd well written music. Hey Oh, amazing, Charlie funkeriffic, it was gd to hear blood sugar was creeping somewhere into the album. Stadium Arcadium, beautiful song, really touching and agen, amazingly crafted. Jupiter perhaps losing its energy after about song 11 or 12 but still very decent. It took me a longer while to get into Mars I must say, but normally the best albums are the ones that take the longest to get into, then once u do its a bit gobsmacking. This definitley happened to me with Mars. I think I prefer it, it doesnt lose its energy til the very very end, and with songs like Storm in a Tea cup and Readymade, you shouldnt be surprised. The sound is typical chili's, like one reviewer said. The strongest parts of Blood Sugar, Californication, and By The Way in two albums with a bit of a leap onwards as well. It doesnt get the 10 because, there is something missing, I really don't know what. There just is, its probably the unnecessary hype, the chilis are about honesty and experience, we dont need to go crazy, the album seems not to live 100% to expectations, 90% for me though. MAybe they could have done a Foo Fighters, just 10 songs per disc? Then you would have 20 songs of pure energy, there are definitley some songs, great as they are, that still might have made the albums lose their energy. // 9

Lyrics: Anthony Kiedis. What a man. He knows how to write a good lyric. No matter how the Chilis progress with the guitars or bass, the lyrics will be amazing all the time. Sexy, clever and crazy. Never fault Kiedis. He makes amazingly catchy singing tunes as well. Love the guy, so does my mom and my sister! // 10

Overall Impression: In conclusion, I made my main body of the review in sound. But Jupiter seems to stay very chiliesque and retain the quality. It does lose its energy towards the end, Especially in Michigan is an amazing song and that sort of sucks all remaining musical energy out of me. Even thought the last 4 songs essentially are good ones. Mars is my preferred. It goes to new places for the chili's. Desecration smile is an amazing achievement then Tell me baby is the icing on the cake. The other songs on Mars all have a wonderful character and amazing work from the Chili's. the energy never gets lost for me. So I would buy this album. Its essential buy for any Chili's fan. Yes the hype may have made the album seem not as good as one might have thought. But ignore the hype, give it a go, it needs a few turns to get into and once you do. Relax, and Hey oh, listen what they say oh. Oh dear, awful pun. // 9

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: pontino, on august 01, 2006

Sound: Mr. John Frusciante is on his most blinding form to date, he sounds great and his screaming solos are all over the album. Flea's bass is unrelenting and you can't resist tapping your foot to it. I read somewhere that John used a guitar synth or something to create certain sounds. However on some songs, like '21st Century' it appears to have been used to not so good effect, more often than not on bass. But there is a definite sonic bond between the four. // 9

Lyrics: Anthony's lyrics always amaze me with their apparent irrelevance to anything and there is more of the same, but on some songs they appear to carry great meaning. And he comes out with some beatiful little bits, like in 'Stadium Arcadium'. They get in your head but the memorable bit is the melodies he makes with them and they don't dominate the overall song. // 9

Overall Impression: This album shows the Chili Peppers have moved on, not just from Blood Sugar Sex Magik-type songs but it's also diffferent to and I'd say better than, By The Way. It is, for the most part, worlds away from the stuff you'll find on What Hits? The only downside for me is by the end of disc two (Mars) it all gets a bit samey, but if it's what you like no probs! I love this album, I won't let anyone borrow it, they should get their own! // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: RHCP_93, on august 07, 2006

Sound: The Red Hot Chili Peppers' music inspired is what inspired me to play guitar and bass. They put 28 tracks on their new album, Stadium Arcadium, and every single one differs. They did slow songs, faster songs, and some funk songs. Even if it was just the whole set up of the song. The soloing John did was incredible. This is the best CD out, and if you don't have it, I suggest you buy it. // 10

Lyrics: Anthony's lyrics are so deeply thought out. Every time I hear them I start to think about what each and every little phrase means. They're just so intelligently put together. And the style of song is completely right with the mood of the lyrics. Anthony wasn't good at singing when he first started making CDs. Like at Wood Stock 96, that was before he took lessons. Then after they started Californication he started improving in every song. And in Stadium Arcadium, his voice was really good. In every song he sounded professional. At first he sounded hella bad, in their first couple of CDs. // 10

Overall Impression: I don't think that there is a single album that compares to this one. It's not going to be easy for a band to top it. Especially with all these new bands. They all suck, for example Fall Out Boy and Hawthorne Heights. Those are probably the worst bands I have ever heard. My favorite on the album is Charlie, but I think the best one is Wet Sand. It seems like they put all their hearts into that one. What I love about it is how they don't really care about what people want to hear, they care about their music. And the one thing I hate is Hump De Bump. Well I wouldn't go as far to say I hate it, it just annoys me. I would definitly buy another one. I wouldn't hesitate to do it either. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: boyan89, on august 23, 2006

Sound: The sound on this album is absolutely incredible and it never ever gets boring. Johnny is one of the best guitarists around today and he has been playing that thing for so long that this album just proves it I mean the solos on this album are just pure gold and absolutely amazing and John is also very good at writing soft songs on the guitar. Flea is one of the best bassists around in the history of music and he can play the bass so well that it is just amazing and if you want like really good bass look up Red Hot Chili Peppers for bass tabs. I don't know the drummers name I think it's like Chad or something but he's a pretty good drummer and his drum playing goes really well with the songs and it is just really cool. // 10

Lyrics: Anthony is one of the best songwriters in todays music his lyrics can be funny, emotional and just average lyrics sometimes and it is just really nice. I think Anthony shows a lot of emotion on this album and it shows by listening to Stadium Arcadium, Slow Cheetah, Desecration Smile, If and a lot more songs on this album. // 10

Overall Impression: This album cannot compare to any other albums because it is one of those albums that are just not comparable with any other albums or artists. I don't have any favourite songs on the CD because all of them are just really good and they impressed me a lot. I love everything about this album because it is truly gold and what is their to hate about this album nothing absolutely nothing it just rules. If it was stolen I would defenitely buy it again and 27 dollars was defenitely worth it. So yes get this album I recommend it to anyone except emos. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: Shokugun, on september 07, 2006

Sound: I was first prompted to buy ths album because Red Hot Chilli Peppers was famous, and Dani California was a good song, but when I bought Stadium Arcadium, I was shocked like hell, because it's so good, Red Hot Chilli Peppers has got the most skillful guitar and drums anywhere on the planet, and each song is unique, my favourites are Dani California, Desecreation Smile, Readymade and Hump De Bump. Wonderful stuff, the guitar riffs and drum patterns are all special in their own way, and to add to the array of music available, they also write good rap parts, even though I don't listen to rap. Altogether this is certainly recommended. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics are good, poetic at times, punchy and exciting, they cover a lot of topics, and help make the song into a better thing, you may not agree at first, but give it a listen, you won't regret it, it's just pure genius. The Red Hot Chilli peppers can write good lyrics for virtually anything - rock or rap. // 9

Overall Impression: Hard to say, because they're too good to compare with anything else, though I've listened to it less recently, it's still top stuff that anybody who listens to music must buy, because unlike other bands, the red hot chilli peppers write music from different genres and mixes them together effeectively, I've really really enjoyed this album, and if it was to be stolen, I'd rush to my nearest CD shop and get a new copy, please, get it now. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: kfong03, on september 20, 2006

Sound: 2006 was a year where a hell lot of good albums came out, like Yellowcard's lights and sounds for example, but according to me, the best of those best is Stadium Arcadium by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. 2 14-track cds for the price of 1 13-ish track CD is already a good start, but when you've got old classics and new songs all jammed into one, you know you've got yourself a good deal. What makes the Red Hot Chilli Peppers so unique is not just their expert drumming and unbelievably spectacular guitar skills, it's that amazing combination of rock, pop, rap and other sounds- don't believe me? Check out Hump de Bump, Charlie, Readymade and Dani California and you'll be in awe-this is absolutely crazy and creative stuff. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics and songs are made to go hand in hand, and I guess the Red Hot Chilli Peppers understood that point when they wrote the songs for this album, catchy, punchy, at times funny, they talk about a lot of stuff, and they make good sense as well, the singing is quite good, but it's the lyrics that'll grab your attention. // 9

Overall Impression: I had a lot of trouble when comparing this album to other albums, the skill displayed here is scray, it may not be perfect, but I think Stadium Arcadium is a milestone in music albums, only about 7% of the songs here actually suck, so the rest of it is actually very good, you can be a hardcore rock freak like me, a rap fanatic, or just somebody looking for good music, no matter who you are, there's something special for you. I definitely recommend this album to you, and if I lost it, I would certainly buy another copy. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: Peter Kroeger, on may 18, 2007

Sound: The Red hot chili peppers have a had a long carreer and a very appreciated one. their music is known throughout the world and so they decided to make a nice double album. I think they had better made a very decent one with half of the stuff on Stadium Arcadium. The time I heard Snow (Hey Oh) on the radio is uncountable and it gets annoying. No song from the Peppers ever did that to me. Some songs sometimes appears to be a rendition of old songs. That doesn't take away the fact that there are some great songs on the album as well. Songs like Slow Cheetah, Dani California, Hump De Bump, She's Only 18, Warlocks, Stick To Mind. Hating to say this I was unpleased with what I bought. It was a half 'n half and normally I like the entire album of the peppers. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics are Pepper like. That's soemthing that doesn't change. Sometimes unexplainable, sometimes they make perfect sense. Anthony has a unique voice which made the pepper-sound throughout all these years. The backing vocals from Frusciante are always worth it and never out of place. // 8

Overall Impression: As I said I think it is a compilation of previous work al mixed into new songs. THe creativity was a bit lost. There are a lot of good songs on the album but they coudl've cut down like half of them. That is again my opinion. It was still great hearing from the peppers again but expecting some sort of new 'By The Way' mixed with 'Californication' it was a small dissapointment. They still know how to write songs, but artist just have to get rid of the idea that only pop-songs will sell. Do your normal thing and people will love it anyways. // 5

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: tylerpeaz, on july 02, 2007

Sound: This Album is amazing! I heard Dani California on the Radio, and I hadn't listened to the Chili Peppers since By The Way, and I knew I had to buy it. I listened to all the songs, and I think it has a great vibe. It has some of the same sound as their older albums (Uplift, BSSM) and also some of their newer albums (Californication, By The Way) I think this album is a great album, and their music is taking a mature turn, but it's a good turn. I also love their B-sides (like Funny Face, Million Miles of Water) My favorite song for the sound catagory is Tell me Baby, because it starts off soft, then it leads into a great bassline, and a good guitar riff. // 9

Lyrics: Anthony as always put his heart and soul into all the lyrics on this CD. Every song describes something, and I think you have to dig deep to figure out what each song is about, like it doesn't pop out right away. My favorite song for the lyric catagory is Death of a Martian, because it's a loving song for Flea as well as Martian. I also love the spoken word at the end, It always reminds me of a funeral, like the whole group carrying the casket for someone who just died. // 8

Overall Impression: I think this album represents what the chili peppers are about. They are growing up, musically and mentally, and it really shows in their music. Some of my favorite songs are She looks to me, Desacration Smile, Storm in your Teacup, and Make you Feel Better. It if got Stolen, I would buy it again. // 9

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 20, 2007

Sound: The sound on RHCP's latest album, their 9th studio album, is unlike any album that has preceeded it, in their catalogue. Firstly, the influences of Jimi Hendrix on John Frusciante are evident, as you can hear a Wah-Wah effect on pretty much every single song at some point in the album. The sound is basically a best-of of the Chili Peppers. It's got the rap/rock/funk of bssm, the more melodic style of By The Way and the Rap Rock of Californication, at some point in each song every one of the band members; Anthony Kiedis, John Frusciante, Flea and Chad Smith shine. // 9

Lyrics: As far as I can tell, there is not a overall theme to this album and it is definetly not a concept album. Anthony seems to be simply telling stories within songs, Dani California is the concluding part to the trilogy of songs about the girl Dani, who is a manisfestation of every girl Kiedis has ever met. The other two being By The Way and Californication. Hard To Conentrate is basically a marriage proposal over some quality guitar from John Fruscainte, the lyrics work and fit the songs, plus Anthony sings them very well, opposed to how some people think he sounds as if he is dying. // 10

Overall Impression: My personal favourite other albums by RHCP are By The Way, which I think is a absolutely amazing album if you sit down and listen to it. There are really no other artists around nowadays who are in the Chili Pepper's genre of Rap/Rock/Funk, or anyone as sucessful at any rate. The best songs about it are; Dani California, Snow (Hey-Oh), Slow Cheetah, Strip My Mind, Wet Sand, Hard To Concentrate, Readymade and Turn It Again, in my opinion. What I love about it is what I loved about the other RHCP albums I've got, just the fact you've got quality music that doesn't let up on one song, I play guitar so I get attracted to songs from catchy riffs, there is at least one good riff or amazing solo on each song here, there's nothing to hate unless you don't like RHCP anyway. Finally, as UG says, if it did get stolen I'd buy it again. My first copy got nicked and I picked a second copy up for 7 pounds, which is criminal for the quality you're getting. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: CaptainSBDA, on august 27, 2007

Sound: This is easily the best, most bold album of 2006. This double album is like nothing released in a long time: it's a bold musical journey that I'm astounded these guys created. From the rocking, catchy single "Dani California" to the remniscient, Floyd-esqe "Death of A Martian," this album has so many ways to take your breath away. Where these guys truly shine is ballads, songs like the title track, "Slow Cheetah," "Strip My Mind," and "Wet Sand," this album's sound is so diverse and brilliant that it will definitely floor you. // 10

Lyrics: Here's the album's only downfall: Kiedis' lyrics don't make sense; there's not really any depth to them. One critic went as far as to describe the lyrics as "A stream of consciousness filtered through a rhyming dictionary." This is totally true; the lyrics only seem to be there to rhyme. However, this really doesn't take away from the awesomeness of the album, so it really doesn't bother me. // 8

Overall Impression: All of you Die-Hard Chili Pepper fans out there who act like this album sucks... shut up. Just because they don't rap and don't carry a PA warning on their disc doesn't mean that their music is bad. You don't want your music to sound the same for your whole career (coughBOSTONcough). This album is a step for the Peppers, and it's amazing. At first I didn't like this album at all. But after a few listens, it donned on me: this album is amazing. In fact, it's the most amazing CD I've ever heard. It's sprawling and diverse. It's a musical journey, kickin' off with Dani California and ending with Death of a Martian. There are many twists and turns on the journey that give it that extra special quality. So what if it doesn't sound like "Blood Sugar?" This album not only sounds better, but is ten times more mature then said album. Overall, a flawless album (except for "Hey," "C'mon Girl," "Torture Me," "If," and "We Believe). Well, a basically perfect album with a few flaws. But the beauty of this album just cancels out anything bad about it. Amazing CD. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 05, 2008

Sound: "If you don't like this record then you don't like the Red Hot Chili Peppers," Flea. How true are these words spoke by Flea a few days before the albums release? I first came into contact with the Chili Pepper's music when I saw their video for Under The Bridge with John in his bobble hat and me sitting thinking what the hell is this? Then I gave the whole song ago and I was blown away. Where have you been all my life decent music? And so started my obbsession, I use the term obbsession lightly here, as I develed into the world of music and the ability to play an instrument other than a cornet, as my under standing of music so did my taste in it and my abilty to play guitar and own an entire artist's back catalogue. So now it's a yearly ritual for me to go see them play live an be blown away as I was the first day I found them. // 10

Lyrics: So how do the lyrics fare? Well to me I've never felt that the Chili Peppers hold strong in this department. When you get lyrics lke "Don't fade away like an ocean liner now" you begin to think what the hell were they on that day? Mind you overall I was impressed with the lyrics, a lot of them unusal to say the least but inventive and inspiring. However not as good as some of the material on previous albums. // 8

Overall Impression: I was going to go for another paragraph but I feel like talking about each song singley. If I had the power to go back in time I would tell the Chili Peppers to either make a one disk album, release each disk seperatly or finally make this the track listing: Dani California, Snow (Hey Oh), Charlie, Stadium Arcadium, Especially In Michigan, Desecration Smile, She Looks To Me, Readymade, Make You Feel Better, So Much I, Storm In A Teacup. Now that's an album right there, yes sir. If this was stolen adn after I hunted and killed that stole it I'd buy a new one. Overall an amazing album with a few crap tracks but that's what most albums are. I think this may be the last and if so what a great way to go out with a song about a dead dog no seriously it goes out in style. // 10

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: The Dark Jackal, on january 07, 2008

Sound: The Red Hot Chili Peppers is my favorite rock band since I knew them in the Californication album. My expectations for this album were huge! I mean, since I heard of a new Chili Pepeper's album on November or December 2005, I get on an excitement that I couldn't describe! The waiting-time seemed to me like an eternity! I thought I couldn't wait to hear that nineth RCHP's studio album. Then I bought that CD. Honestly, my first impression of this album was a little bad. I heard it, and I said: "Okay, what else? Is this all?" Now I think I was dosed, or something like that (I'm just kidding, I don't do drugs). When I heard it by second time, I was breathless!, and I thought: "Oh my God! This is so awesome!" And I still thinking that way. And, specially, I love that Hendrix-style Frusciante's guitar riffs! By the way, the beggining of the Dani California's solo is bassed in a Hendrix' song, 'Purple Haze'. // 10

Lyrics: The RHCP's lyrics are often with no sense. Minimun with no common sense. For example: Can't Stop. Ok, I heard that song, the music is pretty well, but, what was that song talking about? I didn't get it! Stadium Arcadium is not an exception, but, in this case, it has some tunes with a beautiful message, like 'Hey' (oh! I adore the phrase: "you use to be so warm and affectionate"... it remembers me a little girl I knew dancing folkloric songs), 'Snow', 'Wet Sand', "Slow Cheetah', 'Make You Feel Better', 'If', for say some. But other tunes, like 'Animal Bar', 'Turn It Again', 'Especially In Michigan' (what the hell means 'out on the farm we'll be swimming with the mother duck'), and 'We Believe', for name a few. A tune I consider unique is "Death Of A Martian', that song that Kiedis wrote after his dog died, that buddy that helped him to stop ussing drugs, that one is pretty peculiar and also beautiful. About Kiedis voice, it's unfortunate that he's lossing his voice, like we can see in their live concerts. I guess the technology helps him a little in this album, but it's ok! I mean, he's gaining a lot of years, right? // 8

Overall Impression: Three words: I love this album (actualy they are four, but, who cares). Is true that this album don't give something new to the band, and it's very far from their orignial sound by itself, but stills good! The only thing I hate is that they could do two albumes, instead a 28-songs album. Imagine it! On 2006: "Stadium Arcadium" and on 2007: "21st Century"; it could be a doble excitement, right? Well, overall I'm loving it. I use to play it in my car, actualy, most of the time it lays on my car; and if somebody, let's say, with no scruples, stole it, I'd say: 'Please, take the car instead the CD, I pray you! look, here are the keys!' // 9

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: TJM2482, on january 23, 2008

Sound: Well if you're not aware of RHCP's sound, you should be out buying an album or two by them by the time you're reading this far. It's an alternative sound, they've changed over the years. On this album, you'll hear a general mix of funk, pop, rock, and even classic rock. It's a generally cool sound, though it's a bit different from past efforts from the Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Californication days. If funky vocals, insane bass playing, and (on this album) psychedelic, classic rock, and pop driven guitar virtuosity, this album is probably for you. // 10

Lyrics: I personally am not a big fan of Anthony Kiedis. In my opinion Frusciante's voice in his solo stuff is a lot better. Kiedis's lyrics haven't always been the most thought provoking and brilliant stuff, but he tries on this album. There's some emotionally-driven stuff, but also some classic RHCP funky, spastic vocals on the brink of not making any sense. // 8

Overall Impression: It's a double album, but I feel that the second disc is a little pointless. Much like "Use Your Illusion" by Guns N' Roses, I would have preferred that the album were compressed to one disc, with the best songs. That honestly would have been amazing. I like "Strip My Mind" and "Slow Cheetah" the most, which has to do with Dani California and Snow being insanely played out by the general masses (note this review is in 2008, this album's been out for awhile). I love Frusciante and Flea's funky guitar playing, but then again I'm not really into Keidis anymore, so I have to dock it for my personal opinion. Overall it's a fun album, not their best, but definitely up there in their top 3 or so. // 8

Stadium Arcadium Reviewed by: chipmunksurfer, on july 18, 2008

Sound: For starters, this is not the chili peppers many older fans loved. Their energy is as powerful as ever, but their mature attitudes towards their music definitely comes out in this album. That being said, I think it is the most sonically beautiful album they have ever recorded. John, Flea, and Chad keep their consistent "tight" rhythm and strong attack as good as ever. Flea's funky bass lines seem to be reduced, but occur more than By The Way, with songs like Warlocks, Readymade, 21st Century, Tell Me Baby. Chad is smacking the drums as hard and tight as ever, complete with subtle tempo changes within songs (for example, the chorus in Dani California is slightly slower than the verse; most listeners would never notice, however). John Frusciante is beginning to prove his musical genius, both by retaining his classic minimalism style and releasing wild Hendrixian solos, particularly Dani California. Although it's purely opinion, I believe he is the next to push the limits that Hendrix was pushing, particularly by using the studio as one giant effect. He has stated that he wants his music to make people feel like they're flying. This album did even more than that, and listening to any of the songs in any order achieves feelings only music could cause and inspire. The guitars sound otherworldly, the bass bursts through as strong, if not stronger than ever, and the drums have never been so insane - just listen to hump de bump. Ah, and Anthony Keidis. Before now, I thought he was a shitty singer. Filled with emotions and charisma, but simply didn't have the voice. Clearly lessons or practice or whatever else Rick Rubin did to him really made him into a singer. Though there are still the smaller raps inside the songs, Anthony has become a good singer, one of my favorites even. Being a double album, many of the songs were over looked by the public. While this album is not for everyone, it will definitely entertain and influence all musicians and any aspiring guitarists. Any real RHCP fan, those who could listen to Freaky Styley and By The Way back to back, will see the real genius in this work. All the band members were united and mature, coming up with their most musically advanced album yet. I don't think anybody in the world could put RHCP into a genre. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are exceptionally random; however, when have AK's lyrics ever been understandable on a first take? and that just adds to the elusiveness of his emotions. Of course he has a specific story behind each song, verse, and line, but he's always left it open, so that each listener can connect and decipher its meaning for themselves. The melodies in RHCP are just as good as always, comparable with BTW except that there are simply fewer of John's falsetto vocals; he replaces them with guitars, which sounds amazing. As I already said, AK has developed a true talent as a singer and captivates listeners. // 9

Overall Impression: RHCP has always been in a league of their own. I'm not saying they're better than everyone, but they simply aren't like anyone else. They started by combining punk with funk. Who else has done that? Just be sure you listen to the entire album, especially not-singles. Songs like Stadium Arcadium and Animal Bar sound far away in space. Turn It Again is simply Frusciante at his best. Go ahead, try not to be impressed by his 3 minute solo. The song Wet Sand has been so over looked, but is simply brilliant. same with So Much I. Anyone who says they sold out has looked past their messages; BTW was way more of a sell out, if any, and this album blows the last away. Oh and by the way, the b-sides are amazing. If you're on itunes, you have to check out "Funny Face" and "I'll Be Your Domino" (a true funk classic) from Snow (Hey Oh) EP and Mercy Mercy from tell me baby, and all 3 from dani california are amazing. Anyone looking for frusciante genius, listen to lyons 6.06.06. // 10

More Red Hot Chili Peppers reviews rating latest review