Here's Your Photograph Review

artist: Red Lipstick Letter date: 12/25/2007 category: compact discs
Red Lipstick Letter: Here's Your Photograph
Release Date: Feb 7, 2006
Genres: Emo, Screamo
With a mixture of Matchbook Romance Blink 182 and New Found Glory, Red Lipstick Letter has earned the love from thousands of kids.
 8.5
 8.7
 8.2
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Here's Your Photograph Reviewed by: DarkDallasNight, on december 25, 2007

Sound: Red Lipstick Letter is an emo/screamo band that sounds like an eclectic mixture of New Found Glory, Blink 182, and the sometimes annoying screaming vocals that are reminiscent of Alesana. Released on February 2006, I must say that this CD used to be one of my favorites but it did get old pretty quick which is the reason why I stopped listening to it for a while, but when I heard they broke up, I poped the CD into my computer and I was struck with a little emotion as I remembered how much I used to listen to these songs and how much times that this CD has gotten me out of a bad mood. The drumming is mediocre on the CD; it doesn't really stand out or anything like that. It's merely there for the rhythm just like the bass. The guitar work on this album could have been a lot better but I must say that a lot of the riffs that they wrote are really catchy and works perfectly when they start screaminig. The sound quality on this CD is alright and it could have been better but it is pretty decent sounding for an indie release. // 9

Lyrics: As I mentioned earlier, the singer sounds like the lead vocals from New Found Glory/Alesana/Blink 182 (kinda feminine) but the screaming is pretty dope on this album. I prefer the screams on this album over the distorted vocals that come from bands like Alesana. The lyrics on this album are pretty good and some of the songs are dubbed with some females vocals (I am pretty sure about this) which adds a nice touch to the album. // 8

Overall Impression: There are no impressive songs on this album. That is, I can't really categorize one song as being better than any other songs because each of these songs are unique in the way that they include the screamo vocals and the lyrics of course. If this CD were stolen/lost, I would definitely buy it again but I don't think that they still sell hard copies of this album (only mp3) because the band has recently broken up but I would try to find another copy if I did lose my copy or mess my copy up. The best thing about this album is the album art, has some hot chick with red lipstick on. All in all, this CD can get overplayed if you listen to it a lot but the songs remind me of a lot of great memories so I encourage anyone who may like screamo bands to give this a try. // 9

Comments