Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album Review

reel big fish: Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album
Release Date: Aug 1, 2006
Label: Rock Ridge Music
Genres: Third Wave Ska Revival, Punk Revival, Ska-Punk, Alternative Pop/Rock
A super clean recording, on which Reel Big Fish's quirky and sardonic on-stage personas translate perfectly, makes this the next best thing to actually being at a show.
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.8
 9.9
 9.6
Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album Reviewed by: samw, on april 04, 2007

Sound: Basically, this album is amazing! The album name really says it, it is better than anyone else's live album! From start to finish it has amazing sound quality on everything and the in between song banter really makes it. Corr that took some writing. But if you download it off iTunes, you get 3 extra tracks 2 songs that they mess up in and just like say how bad they are ha ha and the other one is Talkin Bout A Revolution remixed by Black Casper (Dan Regan). Yeah so overall the sound is excellent. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are mostly the same as the original ones but some are changed. The talking is also very funny so I'll definitely give it a 10. Scott and Aaron are both amazing and Scott can get up well high which is so cool. All the lyrics fit well with the music perfectly. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this is the best album I've ever bought. they play so good live, better than on the albums. My favourite songs are So Much For Rock and Roll and Somebody Hates Me. Some bits I presume are overdubbed but oh well it's bloody good ha if it were stolen I would immediately buy it again then beat the shit out of the person who stole it. But I don't blame them if they stole it because it's really good ha ha and it comes with a DVD which is equally as good. // 10

Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album Reviewed by: JohnnyChimpo241, on july 02, 2007

Sound: After longing to release a live album, the fish have finally done it. They were dropped from their previous label, who wouldn't let them make a live album. This is essentially a greatest hits record and has the big hits like Sell Out and Take On Me, but it also has a few new tracks, including a cover of The Cure's 'Boys Don't Cry'. it's a great 2 CD and 1 DVD set. The talking, or witter banter as Aaron refers to it as, is hilarious. // 10

Lyrics: Many of RBF's lyrics are about the same things, girls or Aaron whining about something, but that doesnt't change the fact that the songs have a humourous twist. The Reel Big Fish have quote 'come to realize they can make a whole helluva lotta money off of pain. And a slighly humourous song off of mediocre pain.' The lead singer, Aaron and one of the backup singers, scott (I think), harmonize well and often. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, it's a great compilation and is certainly worth buying. In my opinion the best song is "S.R." A song that pays a tribute to the band Suburban Rhythm. They play the song, then Aaron chimes in about how it's a horrible song, and they play it several different ways before deciding to cut it from the set list. I would definitly buy it again should something happen to my copy. it's worth all 2,000 pennies. // 10

More Reel Big Fish reviews rating latest review