Deck The Halls, Bruise Your Hands Review

artist: relient k date: 09/29/2005 category: compact discs
relient k: Deck The Halls, Bruise Your Hands
Released: Nov 4, 2003
Genres: Pop-Punk
While traditional Christmas fans won't find much to enjoy on this album, both fans and nonfans of Relient K and the pop-punk genre should love this album.
 9.9
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Deck The Halls, Bruise Your Hands Reviewed by: henryt-bags, on september 29, 2005

Sound: The sound on this this CD is awesome. Relient K manage to mix their punk sound with the classic tunes of really old carols (12 Days Of Christmas, Deck The Halls, Silent Night/Away In A Manger etc), but they also have their own songs on it as well (I Celebrate The Day, I Hate Christmas Parties etc). It's pretty cool listening to Deck The Halls with a really fast rythm and hyperactive drums, or 12 Days Of Christmas with an awesome punk-pop riff. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics for some carols are still the same, but the best ones are where Matt Thiessen changes or adds new lyrics. 12 Days Of Christmas: whats a partridge? and whats a pear tree? I don't know so please don't ask me But I can bet those are terrible gifts to get. My favourite track however, is I Hate Christmas Parties. It's a beautiful slow song about a girl who left him before christmas, and how he hates being with everyone else at the parties. His wit and skills in writing songs really make this CD something special. His voice still blends in wonderful with the music, and his vocals in I Hate Christmas Parties are quite quite spectacular at times. // 10

Overall Impression: This has got to be the best christmas CD of all time. I reccomend this to anyone who loves Relient K, anyone who loves Christmas songs, and anyone who likes music. Best tracks are 12 Days Of Christmas, I Hate Christmas Parties, and Santa Claus Is Thumbing To Town. // 10

More Relient K reviews rating latest review