Forget And Not Slow Down Review

9.3
 9.6
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
Forget And Not Slow Down Reviewed by: fender456, on november 13, 2009

Sound: This CD is a little bit different from Relient k's others. You can hear a lot more guitar and different sounds in this album than in most of their others and the riffs are always excellent sounding. In the few times that there were background singers i was very impressed, especially in the song "If You Believe In Me". Unfortunately the songs seem to have "quieted down" compared to their older ones. This album has to do with break-ups and mistakes we make, and how everyone should forget about the bad things that happen and not let it slow us down in our lives. I think that message is clear especially in the first few tracks of the album. // 8

Lyrics: Relient K has always had good, smart and kind of catchy lyrics and they continue to have the same quality lyrics in this album. But sometimes the lyrics are fast and can be hard to understand what he's trying to tell people. In the first track "Forget And Not Slow Down" one lyric is: "I coulda' done better but what good do 'what ifs' do?" and it goes so fast that you might not catch it the first time. It happens only a few times in the album but the music and vocals always flow together well. In some of Relient k's old albums there were a few "sad" songs and it seemed as if they had grown out of that stage for a long time, but in this album, some lyrics may seem to have a sad feeling to them. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this album and I got it the day it came out. Though it may not be like the old Relient K its still an excellent addition to Relient k's albums. They lyrics are good but sometimes I wish the song could get a little louder and more punk. If this album was lost I would go out and by five more just in case it ever got lost again. Overall I think this CD is very good and I think people will love it. // 9

More Relient K reviews rating latest review