Bridges Will Burn EP Review

8.9
 9.7
review (1) 13 comments vote for this album:
Bridges Will Burn EP Reviewed by: BeggingForMercy, on april 12, 2010

Sound: Impression: The first time I put this EP on I was instantly blown away by the title track 'Bridges Will Burn' It has heart pounding riffs going into a calm chorus then churning out an almight wah filled solo. It then moves on to my personal favourite 'Nothing Left' which has a chorus that you will not forget in a hurry. After that it moves onto probably the most loved track 'Purify' which features almighty screams of varying pitches from the band's singer Austin Dickinson who is the son of Iron Maiden legend Bruce Dickinson. The album then moves onto the wall of death song 'Illusive Existence' and the only thing I can say about the drums on this song is that they are absolutely brutal. Following that almighty onslaught of guitars and drums the next song 'Salvation' is slower, but make no mistake, it is still filled with fast riffs and amazing screams. The final song from this EP is called 'Fracture' which starts along the lines of Salvation with fast fretwork and drums to match, it is a great swansong to a great EP. // 9

Lyrics: Austin Dickinson is an absolute genius when it comes to songwriting, all the lyrics fit every single song with nothing seeming out of place at all. The lyrics fit very well with the style of music (Metalcore) and Austin Dickinson has a very wide range of screams, ranging from very deep to very high, rounding it off with an amazing natural singing voice that brings every chorus to life. // 10

Overall Impression: If I had to compare Rise to Remain to a band/bands I would have to say they follow along the lines of Trivium and Chimaira, with Bullet For My Valentine like riffs. The most impressive song on the whole EP has to be either Purify or Illusive Existence, I've been at one of their gigs and those were the two songs that got everyone going. The things I love most about the EP has to be the amazing guitar solos, the amazing fretwork, the brutal drumming and of course Austin Dickinson's amazing wide range of screams and his overall singing and the fact that nothing ever seems out of place. // 10

More Rise To Remain reviews rating latest review