Mondo Sex Head Review

rob zombie: Mondo Sex Head
Released: Aug 7, 2012
Genre: Industrial Metal, Electronic, Dubstep
Label: Universal Music
Interesting remixes of Rob Zombie tunes, including the first single from the album, a dubstep remix of "Thunderkiss '65" (Number Of The Beast Remix) by J Devil, more commonly known as Jonathan Davis from Korn.
 5.3
 3.5
review (1) 14 comments vote for this album:
Mondo Sex Head Reviewed by: UG Team, on august 07, 2012

Sound: Just immediately, I want to make sure everyone knows this isn't an album of new music this is an album of remixes. You have Zombie songs that have been remixed into techno and dubstep. This is kind of part two of "American Made Music To Strip By", basically turning Zombie tunes into music you can dance to. There are 13 tracks on the album, 12 of them remixes of Rob Zombie tunes and one a remix of a White Zombie tune ("More Human Than Human"). The album clocks in at just under an hour. We can expect an album of new music from Rob Zombie some time in 2013. Rob Zombie has his hands in everything, from making metal to musical composition and movie soundtracks to making movies themselves, so of course it is only natural for him to have his own music remixed into dance music. While not everyone is a fan of dance music, if you are a fan of Zombie then this is still worth checking out. From song to song you have different approaches to remixing it isn't any specific dance genre straight through, but kind of a mixture of different genres of techno and dubstep. Overall a pretty entertaining album for what it is. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics and vocals are the same from the original tracks and so I won't really spend any time going on about them. // 7

Overall Impression: I went into listening to this album being uncertain on how I was going to feel about it. I'm personally only the most casual listener to techno and dubstep, but I really found myself getting into this album pretty quick. If you go in with some familiarity with Rob Zombie's music then you immediately recognize the original song in the remix and can just sit back and just enjoy the beat. While Rob Zombie's previous remix album was named "American Made Music To Strip By", I could see that name fitting this album even more. It is able to capture my interest and keep it more than any other techno I've listened to, largely I think because I am familiar with Rob Zombie's music and enjoy it. My favorite songs on the album are probably the Number Of The Beast remix of "Thunderkiss '65" and the remixes of "Foxy, Foxy" and "Living Dead Girl". I didn't really dislike any of the songs but the weakest track on the album for me personally was the remix of "More Human Than Human". Some people may disagree with me, but the tempo of the remix just didn't work for me. At the end of a few listens this is my ending impression of the album it wasn't a waste of my time, and the album was enjoyable, but I would really prefer an album of new music from Rob Zombie instead. This album isn't a bad treat to hold me over till the new album comes out in 2013, though. // 7

- Brandon East (c) 2012