Bridge Of Sighs Review

robin trower: Bridge Of Sighs
Release Date: 1974
Label: Chrysalis
Genres: Blues-Rock, Hard Rock
Bridge Of Sighs holds up to repeated listenings as a timeless work, as well as the crown jewel in Robin Trower's extensive yet inconsistent catalog.
 9.8
 9.7
 9.9
review (1) 10 comments vote for this album:
Bridge Of Sighs Reviewed by: Infamou$17, on june 12, 2007

Sound: As you may know, may not know, whatever, Bridge Of Sighs is the most famous album by blues guitarist Robin Trower and his band. If you don't know who Robin Trower is, let me explain: compared to other blues players of the '60s and '70s (like SRV, Hendrix, etc.) he is relatively unknown. He is inspired by the passion of Hendrix and a little by the sound of him and SRV, but by no means does he sound like either of them. Blues-rock done the right way with a sick amount of groove, by arguably one of the most talented players on the Fender roster. // 10

Lyrics: Typical bluesy lyrics at times, well-enough written for me I guess. But the singer(I wish I could remember his name right now) brings his own unique sound to the mix, you couldn't imagine anyone else doing it as well as him. He makes the lyrics work very well with Robin's playing. // 9

Overall Impression: Robin Trower is his own style, there really aren't a lot of comparisons you can make of him and other artists of the same time. There's hardly anything on here that I dislike, and if someone stole it I would dig up a new one ASAP and clock the poor sucker who did it. All the songs are great, but some standouts are the title track and my personal favorite, "Too Rolling Stoned." // 10

Comments