Rock Against Bush, Vol. 1 Review

Rock Against Bush: Rock Against Bush, Vol. 1
Released: 20 April, 2004
Genre: Rock
Style: Punk
All in all, it's a good album for anyone to listen to.
 Lyrics: 9.7
 7.4
 9.2
 5.5
reviews (3) 1 comment vote for this album:
Rock Against Bush, Vol. 1 Reviewed by: Tcurtis, on april 20, 2004

Sound: The sound of this cd is very diverse. That is one of things that makes it so fu--ing great. There is everything from punk to harcore/metal to clean tone guitar to what I would say is "new wave". // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are great. Most of them political. Some having nothing to do with politics at all. Over all tho, great lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: This cd is one of (if not the best) comp I own. It has all of my favorite bands on it. I would definitely replace it if it were stolen or lost. The dvd that came with it is also very good and informative. If you hate Bush or just love good punk rock, buy this now! // 10

Rock Against Bush, Vol. 1 Reviewed by: Hendrix4ever, on april 27, 2004

Sound: The sound in this album showed minimal capacity for what they could be. However, the whole punk feel was there. It made you feel like going up to the White House and protest. But hey! This is a punk rock compilation album. If you're a fan of punk rock at all, you will love this album. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics were all relating to a person or history of a person that has done something wrong, or about people they don't like (Sum 41 - Moron is the name of their piece on the album), or about Bush particularly. If this album doesn't make you pissed at the government, then you have serious issues. // 10

Overall Impression: As a Bush oppressor, I state my opinion that this is a good album that goes against the government (oh can you feel the old days of punk coming back with a vengence). However, if you do support Bush just get rid of the case the CD comes in and keep the album. All in all, it's a good album for anyone to listen to. My best regards. Now go out and buy it! // 10

Rock Against Bush, Vol. 1 Reviewed by: Zamboni, on september 28, 2005

Sound: Rock Against Bush, Vol. 1 is a compilation of some of the best punk bands in music today. Just look at the line-up of: Alkaline Trio, Strung Out, Strike Anywhere, Pennywise, Offspring, Anti-Flag, and NOFX, and you'll know what I mean. They all came together to make a comp about the dangerous, deadly, and destructive policies of George W. Bush and his administration, and more power to them! It's good that some people really know what's going on. // 9

Lyrics: Since this is a comp album, it's difficult to comment on all the lyrics, but suffice it to say that the lyrics are, for the most part, well-written and well sung. They fit with the music perfectly. Since this is a political album, and the lyrics are generally political, they work great together. // 9

Overall Impression: It's a very good album, better than Vol. 2 I would say, and it is a must for any punk comp collector, or any Bush-hater. Or both. If lost, I would definitely buy it again. It comes with an awesome DVD as well, so expect a DVD review from me sometime soon. // 9

More Rock Against Bush reviews rating latest review