Are You Nervous? Review

artist: rock kills kid date: 01/26/2008 category: compact discs
rock kills kid: Are You Nervous?
Release Date: Apr 25, 2006
Label: Reprise
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock
Rock Kills Kid seem to have found their musical niche, and as a result, Are You Nervous? is a wonderfully satisfying late-night treat from a band just really getting started.
 4.2
 8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Are You Nervous? Reviewed by: shabutie86, on january 26, 2008

Sound: When I decided to write a review for Rock Kills Kid, I thought about how many people didn't know about this band, and how many people really should. Hopefully this review will get the word out about this band that has not gotten the recognition it truly deserves. What band may most closely resemble the sound of Rock Kills Kid would be The Killers. The treble guitar riffs, the electronic beats and tracks in the background add for a bit of dance mix feel to it as well. As soon as the album starts off with "Paralyze" the first single off the album you know your in for a quite monumental album. By the time you get to the dance mania track that is "Life Is A Bitch" you will have forgotten nor would you want to remember this band hasn't gotten the fan base it should. It were as if The Cure were born in the '80s heared their own music and based a new genre off of it. It's the next step in the Electro-Rock genre. Which I have dubbed electrock. // 9

Lyrics: I was pretty well impressed with the lyrics in this album. From what I have gathered the singer himself is a more angst ridden fellow who was churned out such amiable music that sounds like it wound be the life soundtrack of a OCD. It sounds worried yet highly artistic. The singers voice is always clean there is no screaming or harsh vocals here folks, sorry. The singers high pitched crooning makes for a very good sound to dance to. // 8

Overall Impression: I really like this artist, and I would totally advise it to anyone out there who is sort of into the same music styling of lets say The Killers. The music is fun, and has a bit of a dance vibe to it that you really can't put down for any reason. The singer holds his own with a easy on the ears approch to singing, and if your a little bit angsty, not to the "She Wants Revenge" extreme but just enough I think you would like this album and highly reccomend it. // 8

Comments