The Two EPs Review

Released: Apr 12, 2005
Label: Atlantic
Genre: Rock
Styles: Indie Rock
These four Eugene, OR lads are set to wage war on their namesake genre. They have raw rock smarts beyond their years.
 Lyrics: 8.5
 9.4
 9.2
 9.6
The Two EPs Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 14, 2005

Sound: This album is a down and dirty indie rock masterpiece. It combines an almost annoying vocalist with an insane guitarist. The licks are burning and the solos incredible. It is guitar focused and there isn't much on the bassist's part. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are all right, I wouldnt say completely amazing, but they are fun to listen to listen to, the singer is incredible, but his voice is slightly too high pitched and a little annoying. The lyrics definitely fit the music and I don't think there is anything I would change about it. // 8

Overall Impression: There really isn't any music that sounds like the Rock N Roll Soldiers out right now, they are like a cross between the Rolling Stones and AC/DC, with a little classic indie stuck in the middle. If it were stolen, I wouldn't really care, because I already have it on my iPod and I would be glad that someone else would be able to experience this amazing and underrated band. // 8

The Two EPs Reviewed by: crzysnowboarder, on july 10, 2007

Sound: With a great vocalist and and an amazing guitarist, the Rock n Roll Soldiers are creatively different from all the mainstream music out there. The vocalist Marty Larson-Xu has a high pitched almost screeching voice which is perfect for the type of music that the Soldiers play. The guitarist Evan Sernoffsky has great parts and some amazing solos. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very good. Not great. But very good. The lyrics work perfectly with the music. I don't think anything else would work. The vocalist Marty Larson-Xu is absolutly perfect for this kind of music. His voice is very unique and interesting. His voice easily gets a 10 but this section is for lyrics. // 9

Overall Impression: The Rock n Roll Soldiers are a one-of-a-kind band out right now. There is nothing even close to their sound and talent. Personally, I find it hard to pick which songs are best. Each song is practically as good as the next. I wouldn't change anything what'soever about this band. There is nothing to hate about their music. It is perfect. If it were stolen, I would buy it again and again. They could very easily become one of the most popular bands out there if more people got a chance to hear what they've got. // 10

Comments