Beggars Banquet Review

Styles: Rock & Roll, Blues-Rock, Hard Rock
 9.9
 8.1
Beggars Banquet Reviewed by: tomisamonkeyman, on july 22, 2006

Sound: Ok Beggars Banquet is a really cool album. I gave it a 9 in sound cause it sounds like it was recorded in a closet or something. But anyways this album was released in 68, The stones thought Sympathy for the Devil was gonna piss people off but Street Fighting Man did insted. Also they promoted this album by having The Rolling Stones Rock N Roll Circus. Ok first song is Sympathy for the Devil, this song is probably the biggest song off this album and a great Stones song in deed. It had some congos and Keith play bass. Also I love the guitar solo. Next is No Expectations, I think Brian Jones plays slide on this song. No drumming in this song. But still a cool song. Next is Dear Docter and I love this one. Great singing from Mick and Keith. Also I love the little solo bridge type things Keith plays after verses. After Dear Docter comes Parachute Woman. I love this song, I even tabbed it for this website go look at it and find out if its right or not. I love Parachute Woman, its like the first songs with Charlie actually drumming. I like the Rock N Roll Circus version more though, its way cooler. Then after that comes my favorite song Jigsaw Puzzle. Jigsaw Puzzle is really underrated I think. It is cooler then Sympathy and better then Street Fighting Man but The Stones never really gave it a chance. If you are a true Stones fan you will love it. Then Street Fighting Man comes on. If your like me and keep your sterio up to ten and usually listen with head phones on this song will hurt your ears cause it is loud. I love the opening riff. Then comes Prodigal Son, this song is a cover. It definatly reminds me of a old blues song. Next it Stray Cat Blues. Stray Cat is about under aged sex which is funny. When you listen to the Stones you just know they were the badest band of the 60's. Also I love this song but the version off Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out is better. Factory Girl comes on next, its a good song but my least favorite so were not gonna talk to much about it, it is a good song though. Then to finish this album they play Salt of the Earth, this song opens with Keith singing 4 lines which is cool. This song is great start to finish and you should love it like I do. // 9

Lyrics: Well the fab four Stones album (Beggars, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, and Exile) have the greatest Stones lyrics ever written. The best lyrics off the album are probably Sympathy and Jigsaw. Salt of the Earth, No Expectations, and Street Fighting Man have good lyrics as well. And some fun lyrics are on Parachute Woman, Stray Cat, and Dear Docter. Mick Jagger sings really well on this album. Sympathy, Jigsaw, Expectations, Street Fighting Man, and more have great vocal performances. Also I like his woman voice on Dear Docter. Keith sings a little on Salt of the Earth, I love Keiths old voice I think its the coolest. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this album kicks ass. Buy it. You Should all ready have it. Every song is good. Also buy Rock 'N' Roll Circus and Get Yer Ya-Ya's out for some cool versions of the songs off Beggars Banquet. // 10

Beggars Banquet Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 15, 2004

Sound: The sound on this album has to be one of the best I have ever hear from the Stones. A wide varitey of instruments, including Bongos. And putting Keith Richards on the piano was great. Jones and tambourine, and also playing rythym guitar. Keith's solo is unforgetteable. And the ongoing bass riff of Bill Wyman. Mick Jagger's voice, goes from soft and sweet to loud and hard. This has to be one of the greatest albums ever. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are absolute genious. In Sympathy you have the famous line "Please Allow Me to Introduce My self". It has to have the best lyrics since it goes through history as Mick Jagger sings. // 10

Overall Impression: This is defintely one of the best Stones albums. With a hard bluesy-rock sound, this album is so definitive. And Sympathy for The Devil has to be the best song od all time, and I love the fact that they put keith on piano, and they mixed the different band members. This is album is worth at least 100$. It's great! // 10

More Rolling Stones reviews rating latest review