Rose Hill Drive Review

artist: Rose Hill Drive date: 08/17/2004 category: compact discs
The cd is just a demo so it only has 4 tracks. The lyrics are a great part of this band. The singer/bassist Jake Sproul has a great voice that fits the music perfectly and his style is quite catchy without being annoying.
 8.7
 7.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Rose Hill Drive Reviewed by: StonedRocker, on august 17, 2004

Sound: I heard RHD for the first time at Vans Warper Tour (which I went to see Billy Talent for only), but after seeing this band, it made my day completly. I was just walking as far as possible away from the stage where Good Charlotte was playing when I hear some band playing Led Zeps 'Immigrant Song'. So at first I'm thinking that some punk band is doing a cover, but then I hear the solo and I'm like nah, punks can't play this good, so anyways I walk over and I see Daniel Sproul (the guitarist) jammin away on his guitar like he's Jimmy Page and the bassist and drummer goin nuts. After a couple songs I was hooked. The one thing I love about their sound is that they know that their music is inspired heavily by classic rock but beyond that it's just their own natural sound. If you're into led zep check these guys out. If you like the darkness but not there attitude, check these guys out. If you just plain like rock music, then I guarntee after one listen, you'll be hooked. I'm giving them a 5 for sound because the vocals and instrumentals really are the greatest part of this band. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are a great part of this band. The singer/bassist Jake Sproul has a great voice that fits the music perfectly and his style is quite catchy without being annoying. If anything though, the lyrics are not the greatest part of this band which is why I'm giving them a 3 but, I'm just trying to right a proper review since most of the perfect 5 review bands I read on this site really suck. // 6

Overall Impression: The cd is just a demo so it only has 4 tracks, Polyster Fad, Soul On Fire, Stoned And Invincible and Undertow. Polyster Fad has a jazzy time signature and the solo is very classic rock/jazz inspired. It's one of my favorite songs to jam along with. Soul On Fire has an amazing chorus and is probably my favorite song on the album because jake sings so well during the chorus and the guitar work fits perfectly. Stoned And Invincible is a more slow song compared to the other quick songs on the album but once again, Jake's voice and lyrics are amazing on this track. When he comes in at the beginning singing 'Stoned And Invincible' over daniels riff is my favorite part of this song. Undertow is probably the most generic rock song on the album. Not to say that the song or the album are generic, but that the other 3 tracks have so much more to them that it makes this one seem normal even though its an amazing song. I bought this cd the first second I finished watching them play for 5$ and its one of the best cds I've ever spent money for. Order it on their website rosehilldrive.com, go to one of their shows or steal it from some bum on the street but whatever you do get this cd because I seriously recommend it to anybody who has a passion for rock. // 10

Comments