New Metal Leader Review

Genre: Hard Rock
Label: AFM Germany
review (1) 8 comments vote for this album:
New Metal Leader Reviewed by: Jøhnny, on august 10, 2009

Sound: Ex-Manowar guitarist Ross the Boss is back with his own band and a new album, but what does it sound like? Of course, the album sounds much like Ross the Boss era Manowar, but it's also much more Power Metal sounding than Manowar. The album's sound is like Manowar meets HammerFall. The music is from Manowar and the singing is from HammerFall. I'm pretty sure that all Manowar and HammerFall fans are going to like this album, and also many people who are just Power Metal fans in general. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are pretty much typical Power Metal lyrics, but also feature some Manowar sounding battle/sword things (Constantine's Sword, We Will Kill etc.) Quite cheesy in some parts, but it doesn't really matter, since almost all Power Metal lyrics are quite cheesy, and the lyrics fit in the music. And just like I said, the singing in the album sound like HammerFall, because the album's singer sounds like Joacim Cans. Great Heavy/Power Metal voice which suits perfectly in the album. // 9

Overall Impression: This is Ross the Boss' first album, so I can't compare this to his other albums, but New Metal Leader is a great '90s Power Metal sounding album with a classic Heavy Metal touch on it. The best songs in the album are the fastest song in the album, "Blood of Knives", the much Manowar sounding "I Got the Right", and maybe the heaviest song in the album, "Matador." New Metal Leader is a fresh new album in the age of Nu-Metal and Metalcore, and it brings back the sound of classic Heavy and Power Metal. If you are a fan of Power Metal, or classic Heavy Metal similar to Saxon, Manowar and others, you should definitely get this album. // 9

Comments