Chronicles Review

9.3
 8.2
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Chronicles Reviewed by: Valhalla, on november 20, 2003

Sound: Rush has an AMAZING sound for just a 3 man band, and ALL of the classic sounds that rush has brought us are in here, from the Eastern sounding "Passage to Bankok" to the more industrial "Tom Sawyer" rush delivers with the driving vocals and sound that you would hope for. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics that Rush has is one of the greatest aspects, most of the songs are stories about real life issues, and you have to listen carefully and actually think about what it is they are talking about, Geddy Lee the lead singer, has in my oppinion one of the most recognizable voices there has ever was, while some songs you arnt exactly sure what they are talking about, it just adds that much more interest into their music. // 8

Overall Impression: Since this is a collection of ALL the Rush Greatest Hits, it ranks as one of the best albums they have made, but it is missing some rather important songs such as, "Xanadu" and some of the wonderful instrumentals like "Leave that thing alone" all in all it has the power guitar song "Temples Of Syrinx" and the classic "Limelight" along with the rest of the Rush songs you all want to hear. At one time I actually lost one of the CD's in my two disc set, and that gave reason for me to go buy another, so YES I would buy it again if it was lost/damaged/stolen. If you are a fan of straight foreward rock music or 3 man bands, or just good music at all, I would recomend picking up a copy of Rush's CHRONICLES album. // 10

More Rush reviews rating latest review
+ Hold Your Fire 8.2 11/03/2013