The Resignation Review

rx bandits: The Resignation
Released: Jul 15, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk-Pop, Ska-Punk
Rx Bandits are still young, after all, and tend to lose the end of the album's thematic string.
 9.6
 9.3
 9.9
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
The Resignation Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 22, 2004

Sound: These guys can play music. When I first heard Sell You Beautiful I couldn't stop playing it. They mix hard rock/metal like Newsstand Rock and Sell you Beautiful and then do slower songs like Dinna-Dawg that are still catchy and have those good guitar riffs. They also have some of the wierdest sounds that make you say "WTF? That's awesome!". If these guys ever play a bad song you probably need to clean out your ears. // 10

Lyrics: Matthew Embree has a neat voice. They're not the best vocal skills I've ever heard, but I think his voice fits perfectly in and makes everything work better somehow. The lyrics are good, inventive. I haven't heard any of them/it's been a while since I've heard anything around the same themes. The only problem is sometimes they say them too much. I don't always care if I hear the same words all the time. I think it's part of music. However, on some songs such as Decrescendo and Mastering the List you hear some lines too often. // 8

Overall Impression: These guys are simply one of the best bands out there. It is definitly worth buying The Resignation. It comes with a dvd of three of their songs (Sell You Beautiful, Progress, and Who Would've Thought: their best song ever imo), some pictures, and an interview with Matt. Prophetic gets my vote as the best song on this album. If I lost this cd, I wouldn't buy it again 'cause I'd already have about 4 backups just in case. Go get this disc, it'll change the way you view music. // 10

More Rx Bandits reviews rating latest review