The Inner Sanctum Review

artist: saxon date: 11/06/2012 category: compact discs
saxon: The Inner Sanctum
Released: March 5, 2007. Genre: Heavy metal. Label: SPV/Steamhammer. Number Of Tracks: 11. The sound on this album is much different from Saxon's older sound like "Wheels Of Steel", but it's still a great album.
 8.3
 8.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
The Inner Sanctum Reviewed by: Brotherbrodude, on november 06, 2012

Sound: The latest album by NWOBHM artist, Saxon. I was never a big Saxon fan, until I heard this album. The sound on this album is much different from Saxon's older sound like "Wheels Of Steel", but it's still a great album. No really special story to this album. It did however come out the same year as Helloween's "Gambling With The Devil", with Saxon singer Biff Byford doing the intro track "Crack The Riddle". // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics, I really don't have much to say about. The lyrics to this album combined with Biff's voice, are just awesome. That's all I can really say. Biff has the same singing that Andi Deris does on "Gambling With The Devil". Both a high pitched singing with a power feel to it. Songs on The Inner Sanctum that really show this is stuff like "Let Me Feel Your Power". Biff's skills have only improved in my opinion. Just a great lyrically and vocally put together album. The guitars match the vocals as well. A bit too many pinch harmonics though. I think only Zakk Wylde can pull off a lot of pinch harmonics. // 9

Overall Impression: Not as good as other Saxon albums, however, I still believe that it's a really good album. Really powerful feeling. If you like NWOBH or power metal, then buy it, like, right now. The most impressive songs have to be "Let Me Feel Your Power" and "Going Nowhere Fast". I would buy it again, but more for the sake of a CD collection than anything else. // 7

More Saxon reviews rating latest review
+ Unleash the Beast 9.5 08/21/2013