Scissor Sisters Review

Released: Mar 9, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Pop/Rock, Club/Dance
Scissor Sisters Reviewed by: TUMFP, on september 06, 2005

Sound: I personally love the sound on this entire album. The way they incorporate all the different instruments / sounds in this album are absolutely amazing. I will admit I am a little bias because I entirely love this band and anything they did on the album. Overall its a mix of new and old and its amazing. // 10

Lyrics: Some of the lyrics are unique, actually they all are, most are also quite perverted. As for the singing skills, it doesn't get much better. Actually if you like versatile soprano-baritone singing you'll love it. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been quite disappointed with modern music recently, but this easily topped anything else since '91. Each and every song on the album is different than the other, so no matter what you like there's a song to fit it. If it were stolen, I'd die. // 10

Scissor Sisters Reviewed by: BenFoldsFan, on march 23, 2004

Sound: The Album ranges from prog rock, via Elton John but takes it sound from 70s New York disco. The Rhythms are stompy and there's a strong production team working to make the guitar soar over the piano in 'Laura'. I've only not given 5 because some of the instrumentation is authentically 70s in its tacky sound. // 8

Lyrics: The main singer is a bee gees-style male diva. Expect Falsetto and effects, strong but not special. Lyrics to this sort of music are rarely the focus but 'Shamone!' and 'You can't see tits on the radio!' really make you want to dance in celebration of funky nonsense. // 6

Overall Impression: The most misunderstood band this year. I like the Return of Disco rock(Rapture etc.) and it's hard to find eight good songs on one album these days, so this is where my money went and I haven't stopped chanting lyrical bollocks since; awesome. Best songs: Laura, Tits on the Radio, Mary, Lovers on the back seat, Take yo mama out. // 10

More Scissor Sisters reviews rating latest review