Crazy World Review

artist: scorpions date: 08/07/2009 category: compact discs
scorpions: Crazy World
Released: Nov 6, 1990
Genre: Heavy Metal
Label: Mercury / Vertigo (Europe)
Crazy World is the eleventh studio album by the German heavy metal band Scorpions.
 9.9
 9.7
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Crazy World Reviewed by: killerscorpion, on august 07, 2009

Sound: Crazy World has to be my favorite Scorpions album ever. Probably my most favorite album of all. Released in 1991 Crazy World was the Scorpions 11th studio album. "Wind of Change" was one of the hit songs off of the album. Reaching number four on the Billboard Hot 100, many people associated the song woth the falling of the Berlin wall. Although the Scorpion say thats not what the song is about. Most of the songs have many guitar fills and very energetic solos, along with a catchy chorus and great lyrics. One of my favorite songs "Don't Believe Her", has a very dark sounding verse that leads up to a very energetic chorus that makes you want to get up and sing along. The title track "Crazy World", is probably my favorite song off the album. It starts off with a very catch rock riff. That leads in to the chorus and plays into the verse. The verse it played almost like the chorus but with different chords. One of the songs off of the album, "Hit Between the Eyes" was played during the ending credits in the 1992 film Freejack. The only con I have about the album is that some of the fills in the song a repeated on different tracks. There is also very many guitar fills that would be hard to figure out for anybody trying to learn the song. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on "Crazy World" are all great. Many of the lyrics have great meanings to them. All of the lyrics fit into the song and flow through with the rest of the music. The singer, Klaus Meine definitely puts alot of meaning into the vocals. Even for such an old age he has a very great voice which made the whole album that much better. The lyrics on "Wind of Change" show lots of emotion that builds up and slowly calms down towards the end of the song. The solo also shows lots of emotion and has a very uplifting sound. // 10

Overall Impression: To me the Scorpions are a very underated band. Much of their music was influential to me and had a impact on my guitar playing. They had many great songs that were not well known. To me the best songs off of the album are, "Don't Believe Her", "Crazy World", "Restless Nights", "Send Me an Angel", "Money and Fame" and "Wind of Change" The things I love about the album is that classic "rock" sound. It's very energetic very well written and something that you can listen to over and over while driving in the car. The only thing I dislike is that some of the guitar fills are repeated and that there is to many guitar fills. Almost one after every riff! If I lost the CD or if had been stolen I would definitly buy or download another one. It's my favorite album and I don't know what I would do without it. // 10

More Scorpions reviews rating latest review
+ MTV Unplugged - Live In Athens 8.1 01/22/2014