Disclaimer Review

artist: seether date: 08/12/2005 category: compact discs
seether: Disclaimer
Released: Aug 20, 2002
Genre: Rock
Tones: Angst-Ridden, Brooding, Somber, Tense/Anxious, Nihilistic, Gloomy, Paranoid, Ominous
Styles: Post-Grunge, Alternative Metal
 9.9
 9.8
 9.9
reviews (6) 1 comment vote for this album:
Disclaimer Reviewed by: InertZero0, on july 24, 2003

Sound: This is a very, very good CD. It has it's energy-filled, hard hitting songs, and it's mellow, calm songs that bring you to both ends of the spectrum. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are heart-felt and real, not some BS someone is oulling out to make money. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a very good CD that any fan of rock music should own. I got it for five bucks off too, if that helps convince you more. // 10

Disclaimer Reviewed by: SeEtHeR#1, on february 04, 2004

Sound: Seether has matured musically since the days of Saron Gas (which is also very good). The music has been recorded at a higher standard, the riffs sound more raunchy and come acrosss with way more power. The vocals dont sound as violent as on "Fragile" (Saron Gas) this could be due to the recording quality. You can hear the roots of Nirvana in the music, Seether has a wicked sound that is unique and modern at the same time. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics on "Disclaimer" are for people who like to read into what an artist is saying.Shaun's lyrics are deep and say it like it is,there is no "beating round the bush" it is straight foreward and honest.The skills on the vocals are very good,the angst of his music comes screaming through the riffs. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to the Saron Gas CD "Fragile" Seether roars forward in terms of class and production. Songs such as 'Fine Again', '69 Tea' and 'Pig' have been reworked and sound top class! The way in which Seether can swop between the heaviness of 'Fuck It!' and the mellowness of 'Broken' and 'Fade Away' is very good! This is a CD that all lovers of Nirvana and similar bands should pick up, take a listen and decide for yourselves if this is the future of Alternative/Post Grunge music. // 10

Disclaimer Reviewed by: grunge4life, on march 17, 2004

Sound: Seether is what post grunge has been waiting for. Even though they sound very much like Nirvana, through the passion of a ferocious voice and the intensity of the guitar, bass, and drums, this band is no wanna be. They have all they need to be great, emotion and melody. The Disclaimer album is filled with just about any kind of music you would want to listen too. The songs Fuck It and Needles are what any adrenaline junky needs. Then, there is Fine Again, Fade Away, and Driven Under which any person can relate too. And finally, Broken. Broken is one of the loudest, emotional songs I have ever heard. A song you can really get into. So if you're looking for the next greatest sound of today from your speakers, buy this album! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are excellent. They actually do have meaning. And the lead singer, Shawn Morgan, can definitely sing them with raw emotion. I would hope for an acoustic set at some point. Maybe even an MTV Unplugged... // 10

Overall Impression: This album is definitely one of my favorites. If i did lose it, I would have to buy it again. There are at least 7 hits on it. // 10

Disclaimer Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 24, 2004

Sound: I don't like to give out 5's, but Seether deserves it in every way. It's really unusual to find a band as versitile as Seether. Also, if you learn some of the guitar riffs you find that they are actually fairly simple, even when they sound complicated. I think that shows a true ability to create music. No relying on gimicks, but still not just strumming along. // 10

Lyrics: WOW! Some of the best lyrics I've ever come across. I fell in love with them from the line in track 1 (Gasoline): "Last night I saw that beauty queen, she's getting high on Revlon". I also like the lead's voice and how it just *fits* with the music. Any screaming done doesn't feel artificial, forced, or overdone. When he screams you truely feel that he is bursting with raw emotion, not that he wants to seem hardcore. // 10

Overall Impression: Excellent. Not much more that I can say, it's one of my favorite CD's. Fuck it is one of my favorite tracks, despite what I thought when I first saw the track name. It shows an excellent range, going from soft, melodic, and brooding to screaming and angry seamlessly. I definitaly reccomend it. // 10

Disclaimer Reviewed by: bcielefeld, on may 11, 2004

Sound: The sound was good but wasn't really anything specail. The use of distortion was not completely explored but was used better than most bands do. Everything blends together like a country side cruise on a awesome day. It's as good as your gonna get. Only few bands have earned more respect from me(Metallica, Korn, and the blending masters, Mudvayne). Seether is, without a doubt, a band to pay attention to as they continue to make music. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics weren't the cherry on top, but everything the cherry tops. They are what makes this album deserve to be in everyone's collection. Sean Morgan's skill? Amazing! His voice may not be as specail as the way he uses it. I'm not taking the light off of the other three members, but Sean's voice made Disclamer my "anger relief" CD. Trust e, it helps. // 10

Overall Impression: Disclamer's unique but at the same time nothing new. A lot of work went into the album though, and the overall impression is great. I don't have a favorite song because I can't choose just one from them all. So here's what I think about them all: 01. Gasoline - Pissed at a girl? Crank up your stereo and put this on. Just don't burn down any houses. 02. 69 Tea - Brings out the different uses of Sean's voice. Fine Again- A little old from radio play but still a good song to listen to. 03. Needles - Heart felt lyrics make this song what it is, unique. 04. Driven Under - Catchy lyrics and a strong message. (Also the first song I learned to play when I picked up a guitar) 05. Pride - Great distortion. 06. Sympathetic - Brings out a different side of Seeter 07. Your Bore - Being ignored or put down by someone? Play this for them and tell them to fuck off. 08. Fade Away - Play this for someone to replace the person you told to fuck off. 09. Pig - The song with the best lyrics on the album! 10. Fuck It - Tell someone you don't want to care but you can't take it not caring. 11. Broken - Better without Amy. Shows accoustic talent. Go out and buy this now. I would if I didn't already. I've bought it twice to tell you the truth. // 10

Disclaimer Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 12, 2005

Sound: Have you ever been so low in life that you think there is nothing else? Nothing to help? Nothing to save you? Have you ever been so mad at something or someone, that all rational thought is thrown out the window? Those of you who know what I'm talking about know exactly how they feel while listening to Disclaimer. Each song triggers a different emotion. From "69 Tea's" catchy tune, to the hard hitting anthem of "F--k It." Each song has a creepy feel to it. When you hear Shaun Morgan's voice scream in "Pride," you'll know you purchased the right CD. Each song blows you away, and that is lacking in newer CD's. The sound is simply nothing worse than Top Notch. // 10

Lyrics: If it were possible to give above a five, I would. Shaun Welgemoed (Morgan for his American name) is simply amazing with his words. If there is anyone out there iffy on this album, go to any lyrics site and check these out. They are full, they are emotional, they are strong, you name it, it's there. You can feel his pain in such songs as "Broken" (without Amy) or "Pride," hell, you can feel his angst and hate and pain in each and every one of his songs. When you are or sad, these are the perfect words to scream to. // 10

Overall Impression: Disclaimer is the very first CD I bought. I purchased it way back in 2001, and I haven't put it down since. Since 2001 I have matured as a man but Disclaimer still rings in my ears. It's just that good. I have used "Gasoline" as my basketball warm-up song for four years now and I still pop the cd in my car and go back in time. I was extremely disappointed when I picked up Karma And Effect. Seether just didn't seem the same. Disclaimer is the Seether I love, and hopefully, you do too. // 10

More Seether reviews rating latest review
+ Isolate And Medicate 6.9 07/08/2014