The Great Northern Scene Kill Review

artist: Senate date: 01/13/2007 category: compact discs
Senate: The Great Northern Scene Kill
Release Date: 2006
Genres: Death Metal
The album reminds of a new-age Megadeth, with very original sounding vocals, melodic, yet heavy guitar playing, and amazing back bone of fast sounding bass and even faster drums.
 9.9
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
The Great Northern Scene Kill Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 13, 2007

Sound: A thrash/black metal band from St-Catherines Ontario with a fast pace, melodic sound remind me of a new age Megadeth. The play fast hard riffs that will change your heart beat. Their drummer completes the sound with his "machine gun" double kick. Together, their guitarists Jay and Hudson click, while Hudson plays his fast paced rhythms and jay with his wuick melodic leads. They're vocalist reaches exceptional pitches with his screaming, going from high to low. In the song "A War Without End, Amen..." guitarist Jay plays a solo sounding like a heavier, more insane version of David Gilmour". I bought this album from their myspace a few days after it came out and I've never regreted this purchase. Although they are and underground band, they could stick it to many of the more well known bands of today. But, even with all this fast paced sound they still manage to create mind blowing hooks and an all 'round life changing sound. // 9

Lyrics: Their lyrics demonstrate an extraordinary vocabulary and still maintain a death defying darkness. From tracks like "Queen Of Sorrow" (my personnal faveroite) and "Anti" their signer demonstrates amazing talent dragging you into the dark, thrashy feeling of the music. After hearing a chorus like "Queen of sorrow, in your fortress, dethroned" you won't be singing in the shower anymore, you'll be screaming. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is definetly the best album I have ever purchased, and if I ever lost it I would definetly buy it again. But, if it got stolen, I would break the persons neck, and then buy it again. The album reminds me of a new-age Megadeth, with very original sounding vocals, melodic, yet heavy guitar playing, and amazing back bone of fast sounding bass and even faster drums. My faveroite tracks would definetly be "Queen Of Sorrow" and "A War Without End, Amen..." // 10

Comments