From The Depths Of Dreams Review

9.3
 9.8
 8.8
From The Depths Of Dreams Reviewed by: sensesfail1878, on june 12, 2004

Sound: The first song on this CD, Stephen, is a great beginning to an amazing CD. Throughout the whole CD, there are hardcore/melodic guitar riffs, great build-ups to amazing screaming, and an awesome 16 year-old drummer. All of the songs on the CD are unique in their own right, but in the same sense all have the same sound. Track #8. The Ground Folds (acoustic) shows that Senses Fail isn't another one of those hardcore bands who can only play power chords and scream, but is very instrumentally talented. This song also proves how amazing lead singer Buddy Nielson's voice is. // 10

Lyrics: All the songs on this CD have emotionally deep lyrics about heartbreak, love - lost, and in probably the deepest song on the CD, the story of the death of a close friend of Buddy's. Buddy knows when to scream, and when he sings, his voice is incredible, he never breaks or misses a note and The Ground Folds (acoustic) proves that he is one of the most talented frontmen on the scene right now. // 10

Overall Impression: This album, to me, is the early work of a band that is sure to have instant success when more people hear about them. I love every song on the album but my favourite songs are The Ground Folds (acoustic), One Eight Seven, and Stephen. What I love about this album is the song structure and how everything in the song just fits together so greatly. If this were stolen or lost, I would buy it again for sure, then hunt down the queer that stole and shove the stolen copy down his throat. I strongly recommend this CD if you are a fan of bands like Finch, Silverstein, Matchbook Romance, and other bands you'd like to throw into that category. Buy this album. Support this. // 10

From The Depths Of Dreams Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 10, 2004

Sound: Senses Fail has a unique sound to music that is heard everywhere. They aren't very popular but just by the way they have progressed and the fact that they are young you can tell they will become great. The sound is very screamo, It's not real hard rock but there is a lot of songs about death. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are simple yet really cool. The singer buddy has an amazing voice. He can scream great and the lyrics are really what makes the song great. The song steven is quite possibly the best song about a friend that died I've ever heard, theres no way you don't catch exactly what happens and it has a lot of emotion. // 10

Overall Impression: very good you should definitely buy it if you like melodic music. It has a great aray of guitar parts and great drums put together to make it awesome. Buy it. // 10

From The Depths Of Dreams Reviewed by: fatherlaffypant, on july 09, 2004

Sound: This album is Senses Fails first - 8 tracks. It's very pop punk influenced post hardcore/screamo-horror punk. It's got clean guitars with great drums and the singing is filled in greatly - theres parts when three people are singing at ones and theres parts where three guitars are used at once. They are very young the drummer is only/was 16 on this album and the oldest member is only 18. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are absolutely amazing - they have songs about a friend that died which is a very sad-awesome song/ to more songs which are about more serious issues. The lead singer buddy is an amazing vocalist and does all the back up singing as well. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a band that will surely be big soon. The most impressive songs are Stephen Free Fall Without A Parachute and One Eight Seven- all the songs are good though. The only bad part of this album is it only has eight songs. I would buy it no matter how many times I've lost it Senses Fail has became one of my favorite bands. // 10

From The Depths Of Dreams Reviewed by: ULTIMINT PIMP, on october 04, 2004

Sound: When I first popped this into my cd player I as blown away. This cd is arguably better than there first CD: From The Depth Of Dreams. Some styles in this cd are similar to the first, but this cd definitly has the best guitars in it. And of course Buddy's screaming vocals are just way over the top. If your a senses fail fan or if you like screamo/emo you have to get this cd, I guarentee you that you will love the sound. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are one of the best parts of this CD. Buddys lyrics are very similar to the first album but it is still good. His singing skills definitly match with the distorted guitars, heavy bass, and crashing drums. The lyrics werent really all that good, but I have to say its fun singing these songs. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is very unique in almost every way. Coming from Bergen County, NJ I was really surprised they could pull this off. I was not only impressed by the sound and lyrics but I was also impressed by how this band just gets so popular and good by each album. My personal favorites are: "NJ Falls Into The Atlantic," "Buried A Lie," "Lady In A Blue Dress" and "Rum Is For Drinking Not For Burning." I love how buddys screaming and his blood painted lyrics just flows through the music. It almost calms you down. The only thing I hate about this CD is that even though it's longer than the first CD, it feels like this Cd is runs in a short time. If this was stolen I'd probably buy a new one if not you can burn it from a friend. I burned it for a friend and he said it was awesome. This cd comes with a DVD which shows them live in concert and a bonus track. I could give the overall impression a 5, but 4 feels like the most appropiate rating for this CD. // 8

From The Depths Of Dreams Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 23, 2005

Sound: Well this is Senses Fail's first CD, or EP, whatever you prefer. The guitar is awesome and so is the bass, this was back when Mike played an Ibanez instead of a Fender. The screaming is pretty good but I would say that the screaming in Let It Enfold You shows you that they have improved. But in my opinion the drums are some of the best things on the album, while everything else is by no means bad. // 10

Lyrics: Buddy is actually one of my favorite frontmen right now, he has an amazing voice and is awesome at screaming. His lyrics also paint a perfect picture in your head, Stephen painting the best one. Honorable mention includes Dreaming A Reality in my opinion. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this album, every song has something really cool about it. My favorites are Stephen, Dreaming A Reality and Handguns And Second Chances. I would get another copy if it were stolen or lost. This may sound kind of weird, but one of the things I love the most about this album is that the band was playing these songs way back in 2002 when they had gigs at bars and people's houses and things, and now they're on Warped Tour '05. A very successful band. // 10

From The Depths Of Dreams Reviewed by: _RockOnForever_, on october 15, 2005

Sound: Wow. This band is incredible. An awesome debut. Senses Fail is extremely innovative: combining common power chords with catchy leads and deep lyrics. The music is mainly hardcore while the lyrics deliver the emotion. The band can also interestingly transfer hardcore-sounding songs into acoustic, such as "As The Ground Folds." // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing and really intertwine with the music as a whole. The musicianship brings out the hardcore half of the band while the lyrics and vocals convey the emo half. The screaming also emphasizes both hardcore and emo traits. // 10

Overall Impression: If you are interested in hardcore/emo/screamo, this is the band for you. The most impressive songs would have to be "Stephen," "Freefall Without A Parachute," and "One Eight Seven." // 10

From The Depths Of Dreams Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 08, 2005

Sound: The band worked really hard on this one and it completely sounds great. I wasn't allowed to get this CD for a long time because of the parental advisory, but I kept nagging and nagging and my mom finally let me get it. I like how in this record they can go from incredibly soft to hardcore screaming and what not, it's pretty tight. I went to see the at emos in Austin TX and the rocked the house they are perfect live. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are kinna dark but very well put together. They go well with the music. Buddy (the singer) is so incredibly amazing at hitting the high notes the low notes, he's just a great vocalist no matter what kinna music you like, and Buddy and Mike (bassist) both do the screaming. // 10

Overall Impression: It is a great album, the guitar, bass, drum, and vocal work on this disc is amazing. They are one of my favorite bands. There is nothing that I dislike on this intire album, I would stongly recomend you buy it or burn it. // 10

More Senses Fail reviews rating latest review