Let It Enfold You Review

artist: senses fail date: 03/20/2006 category: compact discs
senses fail: Let It Enfold You
Released: Sep 7, 2004
Genre: Rock
Still, there were breakout songs that, combined with a steady bassline, powerful vocals and killer lyrics.
 Lyrics: 9.4
 9.2
 9.6
 8.8
Let It Enfold You Reviewed by: _RockOnForever_, on october 15, 2005

Sound: Without a doubt, another great album by Senses Fail. Although criticized for their first album for their hard, raw sound, Senses Fail has refused to listen and continue with the same power and emotion as their first CD and has even raised the hardcore/emo/screamo bar to a whole new level. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are extremely deep and meaningful; the band draws inspiration from literature, poetry, comparative religion, etc. Singer Buddy Nielsen has the talent to put the lyrics into effect and contribute to the overall theme of each song. // 10

Overall Impression: You can't deny this band has talent, just listen to songs such as "Lady In A Blue Dress," "Buried A Lie," "Bite To Break Skin" (possibly the best song on the album), "Rum Is For Drinking, Not For Burning" (perhaps the second best song on the album), and "The Irony Of Dying On Your Birthday." The entire album captures the creativity of Senses Fail in all aspects. // 10

Let It Enfold You Reviewed by: badrfan, on october 21, 2005

Sound: Senses Fail is a poppy screamo band, almost a staple of the genre. They combine dark lyrics with great guitar. The rhythm section isn't very good, but drummer Dan Trapp and bassist Mike Gilta hold every together well. This is almost the quinessential screamo CD, one that defines the genre. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics for this CD are very dark. Example: "But it's time to die. You're worth more dead." That sums up the entire album. Songs range from tales about murder to vigilantism. They almost don't fit, because their sound is poppy. But Buddy Nilelsen makes everything work and does it well. // 6

Overall Impression: I don't like poppy screamo very much. So when I first heard this CD I turned it off. But later, as I listened more closely to their driving guitar attack by Garrett Zablocki and Dave Miller, I gained more appreciation for this band. It is very well put together and tightly arranged. I own quite a few CD's, and this ranks high on the list, probably only behind Californication. // 9

Let It Enfold You Reviewed by: guitar_freak91, on march 20, 2006

Sound: I purchaced the Let It Enfold You Deluxe Edition about 4 months ago, and even though I'm a hardcore senses fail fan, I found it unbelievably awesome. The sound is just right there, and it makes just want to get up and go. People often mistake them for emo, but really they are punk and screamo. The melody guitar was slightly hard to distinguish sometimes, but besides that Senses Fail really out did themselves. The drums were fast, progressive, and really moved the music along with a punch. the bass you could hear nice and clear in most songs, and really made it what it is. The guitar was just as good, and vocals really make the band what it is. // 9

Lyrics: Buddy (the singer) really outdid himself here. his writing was just really moving and catches your attention. he has his own unique style and it really adds to the music. His singing was unbelievably on the dot, hitting the notes like nothing, and he sang some pretty high notes too. // 10

Overall Impression: All in all, this CD makes me want to get up and do something with my life. My favorite songs off this album were American Death, Martini Kiss, and The Irony Of Dying On Your Birthday. They really caught my attention with the lyrics and the specific sound each song has. I really would buy this CD again if I had to. Their style is one of a kind, and I hope they dont break up anytime in the future. // 10

Let It Enfold You Reviewed by: fatherlaffypant, on september 13, 2004

Sound: This is Senses Fails debut album even though they have an ep from a year or so ago. This album has been done for about 8 months but is just be released for some label reasons. You could download it of kazaa for the past 3 months. This album you can tell has many different types of influences. The lyrics are influenced greatly by poems and artists while the music is sort of the same due to it's very colorful and has lots of pop and metal influence. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are awesome on this cd. The music is more overpowering rather than Depths Of Dreams which was really all about the lyrics. Some songs are kind of dumb like they're about sex and stuff like that but there's lots of great lines - lots of death as well. The screaming is overpowering on alot of songs. Buddy the lead singer has an excellent voice so I would give it a 5. // 10

Overall Impression: Most songs compare or if not better than Depths Of Dreams. Some aren't very good but about 3-4 songs are awesome 5 songs are good. 4 aren't that good. I won't say there titles but the best songs are definatly bite to break skin Martini Kiss angela baker and my obsession with fire and your cute when you scream If I could give a 4.5 I would do to the fact that so many songs are good but I'm hesitant to give it a 5. // 8

Let It Enfold You Reviewed by: stratmasterofyp, on november 02, 2004

Sound: This cd is by far one of the best released. Everything is amazing. The title track is and amzing song and so are the rest. The cd is completely different from their ep. Songs range from a laid back punk rock style to an all out assault on the mind and ears. // 10

Lyrics: Buddy is an aplus singer and the screams on this cd such as the ones in irony of dying on your birthday are insane. All the lyrics fit very well with the songs. And it is just an insane cd lyrically. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to other cds that came out around the same time as this. I would pick this as #1 out of them all. There is nothing to hate. I love everysong. Each is intense and it is a change from all the other crap out today and the dvd extra is just great very well made and an excellent display of senses fail. I saw them once with My Chemical Romance and they are the greatest and the album should be in everyones collection. // 10

Let It Enfold You Reviewed by: unknownalone, on november 03, 2004

Sound: In my personal opinion, I would say that Let It Enfold You blows From The Depth Of Dreams away. The sound of this album is much more superb than that of their ep. Not that their ep was bad or anything, but it seems as if they have matured greatly with their songwriting on this cd. There are very many different musical influences on this record. They range from hardcore to pop to punk. They mixed it all together and did it very well. They have a sound unlike any other band I have ever heard. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album seem to go much deeper than that of their ep. Buddy still seems to have issues with girls, for example, choke on this and your cute when you scream. I would have to say that your cute when you scream has one of the best lines ever written in any song about a girl. He also writes about many different things, but most of them people will be able to relate to, mainly personal issues. That is what makes his lyrics so great, the fact that most people can understand what he is singing about. Buddy does a lot more screaming on this record, which he mixes very well with the melody parts, though I would say on bite to break skin you really cant understand what he's saying on the outro, but it's still all good. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is one of my favorites of my 260 cd collection, it is second on to Atreyu's 'The Curse'. This cd is like no other have, everything about it is awesome, the lyrics, guitar, bass, drums, everything is top notch. I think every song is impressive, but if I had to choose then I would pick 'Your Cute When You Scream', 'Choke On This', 'Martini Kiss', and 'Angela Baker And My Obsession With Fire'. I love this cd so much that if it was stolen I would definitely buy it again. The only bad thing about this album is it's on 44 min, but that's pretty good compared to most bands nowadays, it's 12 mins longer than their ep. I recommend everyone and their brother buy this cd if you are a fan of punk, hardcore, emo, or anything related to those genres. // 10

Let It Enfold You Reviewed by: J_Dizzle, on march 09, 2005

Sound: I think this band is amazing, and they still have more potential. The guitars are awesome (and one of the sweetest pick scrapes I've ever heard in, "Rum Is For Drinking, Not For Burning") and so is the bass. Really heavy and catchy. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are awesome the first time around, but when you see the lyrics on paper, They make SO much more sense and have meaning. The singer has a somewhat high pitched voice, but it's awesome and he's got that whole screaming thing down perfectly. Mike (bassist) does too, every now and then when he does it. // 10

Overall Impression: I got this for Christmas and I still can't get enough. The best tracks in my opinion are: Buried A Lie, Bite To Break Skin, Rum Is For Drinking Not For Burning, Let It Enfold You, and Angela Baker And My Obsession With Fire being my favorite. I love the DVD that comes with it, and I also thought the acoustic part of Let It Enfold You was actually pretty funny, because it reminded me of all those girls that rejected me (and trust me, that's a long list). // 10

Let It Enfold You Reviewed by: punkman_123, on may 30, 2005

Sound: Senses Fail have been awesome throughout their whole career and Let It Enfold You is no exception. As soon as you hit play you know you're gonna love it. Every track is crammed full of energy and they show it through their screaming, awesome riffs and drum beats. The album is definately post-hardcore, and there is no one who can say different. It's amazing how much they can do with the typical drums, guitars, bass and vocals. Awesome right from the get go. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics seemed awesome up until about halfway through the album. That's when it hit me that the lyricist might be a bit obsessed with fire, drowning and other methods of torture and death. I know it's a post-hardcore band but enough is enough. They could've improved the album by varying their song themes a bit. That aside though, both vocalists did an awesome job. // 8

Overall Impression: Compared to other bands of the genre (From First To Last, Funeral For A Friend, Hawthorne Heights) Senses Fail out-played. Every song on the album was entertaining and awesome, but the focus track, "Let It Enfold You" was just way too good. I love almost everything about the album, but the repetitive song themes drag it down a little bit. If I lost this album, I would buy another copy ASAP. If you like post-hardcore and don't have this album yet, get it now. // 10

Let It Enfold You Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 05, 2005

Sound: This band is a very hardcore emo band, the best there is I would say. This album is more heavy and fast paced then there previous one. You are not really able to catagorize this band's sound, it is very unique. Some of the songs are calm and easy flowing while others make you wish you were in a mosh pit that very second. But no matter what song the sound is incredible. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing! If I had a better word then that I would use it. The songs are all very personal and have so much emotion in them. That is most likely another reason why I love these lyrics because I can relate to a lot of the songs. Flawless I think is really the word I am looking for to describe these lyrics. If I was able to I would give them a 10 or maybe even 20 out of 5. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said this is probably the best emo band I have ever heard. There are no best songs on this cd because all of them are amazing but if I would have to narrow it down I would probably say that Irony Of Dying On Your Birthday, NJ Falls Into The Atlantic, Martini Kiss, and Rum Is For Drinking Not For Burning are my favorite in that order. I usually would list the worst songs but there are none. If I lost this CD or it happened to get stolen I would not hesitate to go and get another copy. To tell you the truth the moment I found out it was stolen I would be heading to the nearest CD store, it is that good! // 10

Let It Enfold You Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 28, 2005

Sound: The bands sound itself is one of a kind. They have a sound that is hard to find anywhere else. The music is very well thought out and hard to hate. Well when I had seen these guys live at the Taste Of Chaos tour, that was the first time I had ever heard them. But after seeing them live, I fell in love with the music and now they are one of my favorite bands. The styles change throughout the whole CD. There are a few slower songs, but then there are those upbeat songs. These guys have an awesome sound that you wont find anywhere else. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics for this cd throughout are amazing and well thought out. It is very awesome how the some of the lyrics have to do with their religion. That is rare to find now a days with a band who does not sing about christianity, but about a whole other religion and still have great lyrics. The lyrics for this are also very straight foward, that is great I love that. The lyrics just go well with the song and not much else to it. I would say that he is amazing singer. He knows what he is doing and does it well. // 10

Overall Impression: Yes this CD is one of my favorite CDs I own. In my opinion this band is one of the most impressive bands out there. They are just great at what they do and know how to do it to keep the fans there. The songs that I find most impressive are Buried A Lie, Bite To Break The Skin, Irony Of Dying On Your Birthday, and Angela Barker And My Obsession With Fire. Just the CD itself is what I love. I cant find anything that I dont like about the CD. It is a one of a kind CD and I would most definately buy the CD again and again. // 10

More Senses Fail reviews rating latest review