Nation Review

sepultura: Nation
Release Date: Mar 20, 2001
Label: Roadrunner
Genres: Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal
Trust that Nation is far more real and way scarier than when your mean older brother used to lock you in the closet and play Prokofiev's "Peter And The Wolf," but it's well worth the ride.
 7.2
 5.3
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Nation Reviewed by: black_sabbath, on may 29, 2006

Sound: My favourite album of Sepultura along with Chaos AD, Arise and Roots, this is a great album. A lot of variation, something not witnessed generally in Sepultura albums. My favourite track by far is Sepulnation. This album has the best production by miles in comparison to their other albums. There are some slow tracks which actually speaking seemed quite weird for a while, as slow is something one doesn't associate with Sepultura. // 9

Lyrics: My favourite album of Sepultura as far as lyrics are concerned has to be Arise and Beneath The Remains, Nation is not at power with them, but it is pretty damn good. Its tracks like Who Must Die, Sepulnation, Politricks, etc. that constitute what Sepultura's all about. I've always loved the vocals, and this time my admiration just grows. Sepultura still stays true to its roots with its signature metal tracks but also has tried something new in this album. // 8

Overall Impression: Great, brilliant, I couldn't ask for more. Except for the solos which could have been way better, this album is perfect. I won't go as far as to rate it alongside Arise, but nonetheless, this is a Sepultura album and an album for all headbangers. Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything great from Sepultura when the album came out, but after having bought it, I have to say it is worth every single penny. // 10

More Sepultura reviews rating latest review
+ The Mediator Between Head And Hands Must Be The Heart 7.1 10/22/2013