Schizophrenia Review

artist: sepultura date: 04/18/2006 category: compact discs
sepultura: Schizophrenia
Release Date: 1987
Label: Roadrunner
Genres: Alternative Metal, Thrash, Death Metal/Black Metal, Heavy Metal, Speed Metal, Progressive Metal
Schizophrenia displayed a remarkable sonic evolution in both technical and creative terms.
 9.2
 9.3
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Schizophrenia Reviewed by: brian_s, on april 18, 2006

Sound: Unlike its predecesors (Bastial Devastation & Morbid Visions) this is where Sepultura was finaly able to catch their true sound. Their drive, determination & creative vision was finaly transformed into a well produced record. Schizophrenia shows an enormus evolution in production and performance. You have to take in consideration that theese were very young people that created these songs, but their sound is so powerfull and brutall. The drums sound like their being player by a maniac. The guitar riffs are like machinegun fire, fast/furious, and the guitar solos prove that Andreas Kisser was the only choice for their new lead guitar player. Listen to the ending on "R.I.P. (Rest In Pain)," one word for you: insanity. While "From The Past Comes The Storms" and "R.I.P. (Rest In Pain)" are tyical death metal nuclear bombs that create havoc & destructon "The Abyss" shows another side of sepultura, especialy lead guitarist Andreas Kisser. It's a classical instrumental piece. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are preety good, I like 'em. There aapocalyptic, anti religious, anti-christian, about war, death, pain, destruction. I mean what else could you expect by a death metal band. They fit well into their brutal sound. Now the spelling. That's a diferent story. But you have to take into consideration that none of them spoke english very well back then. It's not that terrible, and I don't fell that it affects the final impression of the record. The vocals fit the sound aswell. // 8

Overall Impression: I like this record a lot, some of Sepultura's best songs (in my opinion) are on this record. Must I point out that it contains the everlasting anthem Troops Of Doom? The most impressive songs are Inquisition Symphon, The Abyss, Troops Of Doom. No way in hell would this record ever get stolen. This is an excelent record, well produced. It got them a deal with Roadrunner and most importantly it opened the door for their third and even better album (Beneath The Remains). // 10

More Sepultura reviews rating latest review
+ The Mediator Between Head And Hands Must Be The Heart 7.1 10/22/2013