Sexual Carnage Review

Sextrash: Sexual Carnage
Released: Sep 1990
Genre: Death/Thrash Metal
Label: Cogumelo Records
First full-length album by Brazilian death/thrash metal band Sextrash, released in 1990. This album is a death metal/thrash metal gem, coming from the prolific scene of Belo Horizone, in Brazil.
 4.4
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Sexual Carnage Reviewed by: iommi600, on february 20, 2012

Sound: First full-length album by Brazilian death/thrash metal band Sextrash, released in 1990. These guys are from the city of Belo Horizonte, same city as bands like Sarcfago and Sepultura. They were also signed to Cogumelo Records, a small record label practically responsible for the metal scene going on in there, back then. The band was formed in 1987 by D.D.Crazy (Drummer, also former member of Sarcfago), Oswald Scheid (vocals), Tommy Simmons (bass) and Damned Sentry (guitar). In this album, you can hear insane death/thrash metal riffs, that gets even crazier allied with the insane blast beats provided by D.D. Crazy. Bass is nothing really great, but it's still nice. Production is not one of the best, but it's really raw, which is something I really enjoy. Freakin' crazy and awesome old school metal at its finest. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are basically focused on sex and alcohol (the title of the album kinda suggests that). The only exception here is for "Black Church", talking about satanism. They sometimes remember me of Sarcfago's early days. So, enough said about them. Oswald Scheid's voice here is just maniacal, insane death metal growls. Pretty great. // 8

Overall Impression: Enough said. This album is a death metal/thrash metal gem, coming from the prolific scene of Belo Horizone, in Brazil. If you never listened to this and you're into the genres I've cited before, go listen to it now. You won't be disappointed. I would cite "Psychoneurosis" and "Seduced By Evil" as the best songs here, but I really think that all songs here are awesome, no exception. It's a must have for any fan of the genres cited here on this review, and I'm really proud of owning this classic. // 9

Comments