She Wants Revenge Review

she wants revenge: She Wants Revenge
Release Date: Jan 31, 2006
Label: Flawless/Geffen
Genres: Indie Rock, Alternative Pop/Rock
She Wants Revenge blend electronic beats with goth pop misery on their self-titled Geffen debut.
review (1) 13 comments vote for this album:
She Wants Revenge Reviewed by: creepypelican, on june 14, 2006

Sound: She Wants Revenge is a very original band, that has a very unique sound. It's a little rock, dance, and is somewhat gothic. The singing is strange on some songs. They are influenced by Depeche Mode, and obsessed with Joy Division (haven't really listened to them). I guess the best way to describe them is gothic dance pop. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics are very very well written on this CD. They say that all the songs are written about relationships they've been in at one time or another, so they put a lot of thought into what they wrote. The lyrics create an interesting mix with the technoish music. The singer isn't the greatest, but he gets the job done, especially on "Tear You Apart", "These Things", and "Sister". I would say these guys know how to write good lyrics. // 9

Overall Impression: I would say that this cd is very solid, but it is also an experimental band, so some tracks are going to come off strange. Not everyone is going to like it, but "Tear You Apart", "Red Flags And Long Nights", "These Things", and the darker "Sister" are very good songs. The rest of the cd will really depend on the listener, but it is definitely a very well put together album. I like how these guys make a pop cd, but still make sure they keep it original, and write good lyrics, not the crap that you hear out of most pop bands. I would probably buy it again eventually if I lost it or it was stolen, eventually because I don't buy many CD's since I don't have a lot of money to throw around. I would definitely suggest checking this CD out. If you give it a listen, I guarantee you will find yourself singing some of the songs for a long time. // 8

More She Wants Revenge reviews rating latest review