Season Of Poison Review

shiny toy guns: Season Of Poison
Released: Nov 4, 2008
Genre: Synthpop, Alternative Rock
Label: Universal Motown
It was released on November 4, 2008. The album features a brand new lead female singer, Sisely Treasure.
 9.9
 9.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Season Of Poison Reviewed by: Lash364, on december 18, 2008

Sound: The second Album from LA's Shiny Toy Guns. This Album is a concept CD. This CD show you the evolution from thier Ever-so-popular first CD "We Are Pilots". Each song is driven with rock, more than the previous CD. I love the ambient atmosphere that develops while playing this CD. The Concept of storms is used throughout this CD. Weather it's the Strong, fearful force of the storm. Or the beauty that a storm holds when approaching. Jeremy, the keyboard/syths player once quoted that this album is to be listened to as a whole. Alot more guitar was used in this CD, which gives it a more harder sound. // 10

Lyrics: The Lyrics in each song are simalar as the W.A.P CD. What I mean is, its very enigmatic and emotional. They paint great picture and tell great stories. The Lyrics of each song go hand in hand with it's musical counter-part. I would even go as far to say that it brings the lyrics to life. Being a Rock/eletronic style band, using other sounds that drums, guitars and synths cant acheive give each song more metaphorical "meat". The Band required a new singer. She gives the songs a great feel to each song, using high-pitch notes or soft spoken lyrics, or agressive, emotional yelling, Her name is Sisley Treasure. Chad Petree, the male singer, gives great depth as to each note and melody with his guitar. He helps each song melts in your head. The harmonies re beautiful giving both soft but agressive feel. Chad can go from deep to high very easily, as can Sisley. // 10

Overall Impression: This Album I personally can't compare to any other band. STG made this CD show us who STG really is and not what it could be. I can't say which song is the best or most impressive, concerning the fact that the CD should be listend to as a whole and not in increments or in a shuffled manner. Personally all songs are the most impressive. Gun to my head, my top 3 would be, and what I would recommend... : Money For That; Ricochet!; Blown Away. I love everything and hate nothing about it. I would cry if this CD was stolen. I had mine signed, so I have to burn another CD so I wouldn't ruin the signed copy. So replacing it would be difficult, due to the signatures. // 10

More Shiny Toy Guns reviews rating latest review