Polar Opposite Review

7.9
 8.7
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
Polar Opposite Reviewed by: bartfan14, on march 14, 2011

Sound: Sick Puppies always amazes me. When I heard "new Sick Puppies CD", I was stoked. However, when I looked into it, it was only an acoustic EP of the "hits" off "Tri-Polar" and their breakthrough single, "All the Same." They have hired string players to help with the EP. However, don't expect much percussion. When it comes to the actual songs though, they will blow you away. when I think of "acoustic cover" I just think of the guitarists pulling out the acoustic guitar and playing the same chords they would on an electric. Not the case here. They have altered some of the songs in a way to make them better. A fair example is "Odd One" (my personal favorite). At the very beginning there's some sort of choir with Emma singing "Don't let someone tell you you're no one" twice, then it's played in reverse. The way it's done is simply amazing. // 9

Lyrics: Now, the lyrics stay the same throughout the EP. However, the first track on the EP, "You're Going Down" is the RADIO version, not the Album Version. Shim does change his vocal range for it however. it's very deep and suits the song perfectly. Emma also demonstrates her talent of vocals in "White Balloons". She gets a whole verse to herself. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, it's amazing. I'll go ahead and list the tracks: 01. You're going down 02. Riptide 03. Maybe 04. Odd One 05. Don't Walk Away 06. All the same 07. White Balloons They are all very impressive. I do want Sick Puppies however to make another CD. I think any Sick Puppies fan will want to see that happen as well. I highly recommend this album, if you want to call it that. That's what I'm calling it. // 9

More Sick Puppies reviews rating latest review