Too Fast Too Live Review

artist: sid vicious date: 02/12/2005 category: compact discs
sid vicious: Too Fast Too Live
Released: Mar 9, 2004
Genre: Rock
The Collection features Sid's solo singles and live recordings, plus a very rare demo and two previously unreleased tracks. The extensive booklet features many rare photographs and a copy of Sid's Suicide Note.
 8.7
 7.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Too Fast Too Live Reviewed by: pistols, on february 12, 2005

Sound: Most songs on this album are a recording of live songs by Sid Vicious' post-Sex Pistols band, The Vicious White Kids. As with most live recordings, the sound isn't that great, but it is still very good. The only bad thing about it is that the guitars don't sound as good as the Sex Pistols on the Never Mind The Bullocks album, especially when the guitars produce feedback. The songs that were recorded in a studio sound great, and there is absolutely nothing bad about them. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are not as good as they should be, because around this time Sid had a bad drug problem. In some songs he forgets lyrics, and in stepping stone he repeats one verse three times. But other than that he is a good singer and his voice is almost perfect for the music. He can change his voice from crooning to his normal punk rock voice without many mistakes. On the studio recordings he can also change his voice well, as you will see on Something Else and C'mon Everybody, which are covers of Eddie Cochran songs, where he sings very convincingly like an american. // 6

Overall Impression: The CD does not compare to any Sex Pistols material I have ever heard, but it is still a great sound. This is evident on their version of Iggy Pop's I wanna Be Your Dog, and My Way. What I love about this album is that it shows what kind of a stage performer Sid was in comparison to how he sounded in edited, studio versions of songs. What I don't like is that in one of the songs, the instruments are too loud too hear the singing, but it gets fixed in the other songs. Overall, it is probably one of the best CD's I have and if it was lost, I'd definately go out to buy another one. // 8

More Sid Vicious reviews rating latest review