These Simple Truths Review

sidewalk prophets: These Simple Truths
Released: Aug 25, 2009
Genre: Christian Rock, CCM
Label: Word, Curb
A great album that formed my impression of Sidewalk Prophets' music.
 7.4
 9.7
review (1) 10 comments vote for this album:
These Simple Truths Reviewed by: iftheresaroad, on december 23, 2013

Sound: A great album that formed my impression of Sidewalk Prophets' music. Lead singer Dave Frey has an amazing voice and is one of the BEST singers I've ever listened to. A lot of guitar, Sidewalk Prophets has two amazing guitarists (one of whom also plays bass). They also have a really good drummer! Just a whole host of talent: singer, guitarist, drummer, etc. Track 5 "Moving All the While" is not one of my favorite songs (I think it sounds like a patriotic song with the accordion, not quite my idea of Christian music), but other than that the music is great! // 9

Lyrics: Beautiful lyrics, track 3 "You Can Have Me" wasn't a radio hit, but I LOVE it. Dave Frey, Ben McDonald and all the co-writers have incredible writing skills. A beautiful album speaking God's truth with every song. The lyrics touch on "deep" topics like giving ourselves completely to God and giving His Love to the world. Typical and original Christian lyrics. Really, talented lyrics in a whole. There are none I dislike, a great album with a several important messages. I've listened to it over and over (and over again). // 10

Overall Impression: Sidewalk Prophets is my favorite group, and though this album isn't as awesome as the 2012 release "Live Like That" it is a close second. "You Can Have Me" is one of my personal favorite songs, and one I think every Christian should hear, if they haven't already. "Show Me How to Love" also is a song everyone, Christian or not, needs to hear. Really, the only thing I dislike is the music on track 5. If I lost it, and it wasn't already in mp3 version on my computer I would buy it again. A great album, definitely worth a listen. // 10

More Sidewalk Prophets reviews rating latest review