Rebirth Of The Temple Review

Silent Civilian: Rebirth Of The Temple
Release Date: May 2, 2006
Label: Mediaskare
Genres: Rock
Melodic and definitely posseses potential yet this album doesnt't quite cut it on a heavy metal scale.
 Lyrics: 9.7
 9.8
 9.9
 9.7
Rebirth Of The Temple Reviewed by: seanius, on august 28, 2006

Sound: I have read the other review and I agree that Silent Civilian considered mainly a hardcore band but at the same time they produce some epic riffs which generally aren't found in most hardcore bands, so it is hard to pinpoint a main genre for the band as it is very varied. This band has reached "stardom" extremely fast in my eyes i.e. in a few months (if that) so it is obvious that they are damn amazing. // 10

Lyrics: If I'm correct I would say that Silent Civilian are a very political band or at least their lyrics portray that. The band display a lot of good guitar work but if they produce a future album I would hope for more heavier sounds rather than mostly melodic riffs, however the band have definately reached my top three favourite bands along-side Shadows Fall and Avenged Sevenfold. I was surprised to hear Johny Santos' skill with a guitar as I was a fan of Spineshank (Santos' earlier band) for years and never expected that he could be this good. Santos' voice in my opinion has evolved into a more powerful and controlled one, with that being said he is able to sing brilliantly with a melodic voice too. I'm not an expert on drums so this will be short, but the compliance of the drums with the guitars are amazing so I have got to give it to Silent Civilian for it. Also the different layers of guitars all come together superbly to make an epic sound and again I was shocked to hear that during the recording of the album it was all Johny Santos' handy-work. // 9

Overall Impression: Like I said earlier Silent Civilian are in my top 3 list of favourite bands, so yes, they do compare to other albums, in fact they beat most of them. For me the 3 best songs are "First Amendment" which shows the band's hardcore side more, "Divided" because it is filled with amazin riffs all over along but also contains hardcore breakdowns, and last but not least is obviously "Rebirth Of The Temple" because it is just an amazin song all round and it sounds even better with the video. I can't say I hate anything about the album but would like more hardcore breakdowns in further records. And yes I would buy "Rebirth Of The Temple" again if it was stolen (or for that matter if it were scratched) withthout a second thought. So in conclusion it is definately the album for all of you heavy metal fans to buy next! // 10

Rebirth Of The Temple Reviewed by: Silent_gojira, on august 10, 2006

Sound: The band has great sound and the best album I have ever listened to. The band members are Jonny Santos, Henno, and Chris Mora. This band sings hardcore metal the band is great! Their songs are long about 4-7mins! So the album is about 64:00 min long and you can buy it for only $13.99! The CD has enhanced features of the makeing. Once again the band has great sound! The band has a great medolic vocals! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing! The lyrics match with the song.The singer skills are really good Jonny's voice is outstanding. He has a great medolic voice and has great heavy metal voice! It just makes me go crazy. // 10

Overall Impression: To me this band sort of compares to Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, and definitly sounds like Shadows Fall. The bands impressive songs to me are Rebirth Of The Temple, Lies In The House Of Shame, Funeral, Song Remains Unamed. I love everything about this band! The only thing I hate is that there is only 13 songs! But I I don't blame them there's limited time for CDs. I would buy it again if it was stolen becuase it's cheap and I can't resist this band! // 10

Rebirth Of The Temple Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 20, 2007

Sound: This band is one of my favorite metalcore bands today. They are fast, melodic, talented, and they even throw in killer solos. They are Silent Civilian and they have unleashed a brutal debut album. The band features Jonny Santos formerly of the Grammy-Nominated Nu Metal band Spineshank. This time he trades his full time job as frontman for an axe and screams more then he did in the past. This album is fast and even has some early thrash influences. The solo's are mostly done with a wah-pedal and are similar to Kirk's style from Metallica. Don't expect it to sound a thing like Jonny's other band though. This is full on in your face metal. // 10

Lyrics: Jonny has payed his dues singing in his former band Spineshank. He is talented and on this chorus his voice is really noticable. For the most part though in this band his lays out high-pitched ear-splitting screams. Not a lot of growling and roaring though. There is a lot of gang shouting in the backround. On the song This Song Remains Un-Named on the chorus a gang shouts Hey at the end of each of Jonny's lines. This is done throughout the CD and you can also hear it at the very end of the title track. The lyrics are postive and the angrier ones are poltical for the most part. // 10

Overall Impression: I have high hopes for the future of this band. For a debut they really came out strong and I expect that they will be big in metalcore in the near future. Once a good label such as Roadrunner or Ferret picks them up their career will skyrocket. I love the old school elements combined with today's sound and I also love the guitar solos too. The only thing they could have done was made some of the songs shorter. One called "Divided" was 6-minutes long and and half of it was a bunch of choppy riffs with vocals or a solo. If it was stolen I would definitley get it again. Great album. // 10

Comments