Still Not Getting Any... Review

artist: simple plan date: 11/23/2006 category: compact discs
simple plan: Still Not Getting Any...
Released: Oct 26, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk-Pop
As Still Not Getting Any...'s title and rowdier moments prove, they can still bring the spunky crowd-pleasers. But it's the album's less raucous and more thoughtful side that shows Simple Plan's investment in the future.
 Lyrics: 7.8
 7.2
 7.9
 6.5
Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: underthesky42, on december 17, 2005

Sound: I read all the other people's reviews on this album and most of them are very funny but also true. Being a fan of SP myself I must admit that they are not the type of band for every1 and usually get a kicking from non-fan holders. But I find it plausable. The sound itself is very similar to other new age punk rock bands arised like Blink and Good Charlotte, and they would fit in. I enjoyed the album. And was glad to find that they still stuck to their original style of playing from their first album. // 8

Lyrics: Firstly I must admit, Pierre's voice is whiney and sounds sad to the majority of people. The lyrics do lean towards the genre of pop/punk artists which are influenced by relationships like breaking up and problems at home. Again non-fans would hate the lyrics and think it to be pathetic, SP fans on the other hand would appreciate some of the sympathetic songs like untitled or crazy, also if u were more into the faster up beat songs, songs like shut up and jump the lyrics would get any SP fan jumping. // 7

Overall Impression: What I liked about this album was because it falls within my favourite music genre of punk rock. Also I think it can be on par with other great punk rock bands as Blink and Good Charlotte. For SP fans I wud think that they would also agree that this album is as/more successful than their first which was also a great listen to. But for non-fans and SP haters they would just simply hate the notion of SP themselves. // 8

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: r a c e t h e, on february 07, 2005

Sound: So I have a napster, and for general curiosity, choose to review this album. First off, all the songs sound the same, the vocals, the drums are okay I guess. "Shut up" and "Thank You" have the exact same chord progresions. "Welcome To My life," "Me against the world" and many more have th same chorus. Orginallty lacks huge in this album. Nothing new, if you took away, the vocals, and band name, it could easily be mistaken for any other chessy pop punk band. This is sad. // 2

Lyrics: Every lyric, is the same. It's how bad their life is, and how the media should leave them alone. This type of message can be done, but Simple Plan's attempt is just down right pathetic. Quit complaining and focus on your music. Bunch of pre maddona's. // 2

Overall Impression: The singer sounds like a palastine man getting his testicals ripped off, all the guitars blow huge, and the drums are okay. I'm trying yo get across that no one, does anything new. Whos going to break the chain and lead a line of music. I'll be honest I like pop punk. Good pop punk that is. Green Day, The Clash (punk), Ramones (punk), Dead Kennedys, Drop Kick Murphys. Simple plan just die in a plane crash or something, so that we dont have to here this. Play the music for your self, no the 12 year old girls. // 2

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 11, 2005

Sound: Who are these guys? No I know them but are they awful. I'm sick of turning on the radio and hearing that annoying whining from that "singer." The guitar is nothing special, bass is regular and drums is pretty much just keeping beat. There's a reason these guys are only fans to little girls who think they are hardcore cuz they jump up and down and have tattoos. In my opinion they should be shot. maybe not shot but taken off the air so theyre never heard of again. // 2

Lyrics: All the whine about is how hard life is and the girl that dumped them. And why do they complain about the media sure they are semi big but they aren't rock icons or something. Pierre is the most untalented writer I've heard of in a long time. // 2

Overall Impression: The only other crap I can compare them to is Good Charlotte, another talentless annoying whiny band who is "hardcore." I don't even know why a bought this I was just told by a lady friend they'd be something I'd like. If it were stolen I would be glad too bad I already gave it away. // 2

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 11, 2005

Sound: Even though Simple Plan is a relatively new band, they are still very good. Their first CD, "No Helmets, No Pads... Just Balls," is great, but I think they were a little bit hesitant about what to put on it because it was their first one. The second CD ("Still Not Getting Any"), however, is much deeper and probably more angry and emotional than their first. // 10

Lyrics: I really like the lyrics of many of the songs, especially the song "Crazy" because it tells how society really is and how it shouldn't be. // 10

Overall Impression: The most impressive songs on this album, I think, are "Crazy," Untitled, and "Welcome To My Life" because they are very deep and meaningful. Plus, it is a dual disc and you can watch the making of this album and listen to the music on your television, as long as you have a DVD player. There are pictures also that you can look at and lyrics that you can read on the DVD side of this CD. // 10

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 29, 2005

Sound: Personally I love this CD and I don't really care what everyone else says about them. They said they don't pick a certain music style to appeal to so I'm sick of people always putting them down for 'pretending to be pop-punk.' They try to appeal to everyone's music likes and do not just use their image to sell their albums. They actually have brains just like you and I and they use their music to sell. // 10

Lyrics: I really love the lyrics on this album especially the ones on Untitled and Perfect World and Me Against The World. Simple Plan's songs really relate to many people and aren't just about their sucky lives and making everyone feel bad for them. The songs that Simple Plan writes are about real life experiances. The lyrics fit really well with the music on the album and their originality really shows on this album. Pierre's voice is perfect for the songs they write. // 10

Overall Impression: I wouldn't really compare Simple Plan to any other albums/artists because they are their own people. The song I loved the most on this album is 'Untitled' because its a really deep emotional song about drunk driving. I really love all the songs on this album and if it were stoled or lost I would be at a great loss. I would definately buy it again. // 10

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: danidosky, on august 24, 2005

Sound: The sound of this album is really great, there's a lot of energy and also the quality I think it's not bad! "Still Not Getting Any" is not only punk or rock, but it's a fusion of different styles, which make interesting and innovative the sound of this band! Although I really appreciated this album, I think that these guys have a long way to go yet! // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are all wonderful, this band does not only shout, but it is also able to do something better and less superficial (like "crazy"). Pierre is amazing, he is really great and (please let me do this comment), he's really hot! I think that every girl (me included) thinks he's really handsome! // 10

Overall Impression: Two of the most impresive songs are "Jump" and "Untitled," I can't describe them, people should hear them to understand how beautiful they are! Simple Plan doesn't compare to other artist, it's really a great band! If my album were stolen, I'm sure I would buy it again. // 8

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: dark_falco3000, on september 04, 2006

Sound: What can you say about the sound of Simple Plan. First of all, there's a whiney sounding singer who can't actually sing, there's a guitarist who only uses powerchords, and there's nothing else that really grabs your attention. Whenever hear Simple Plan I make sure to have some tissues in case my ears start to bleed. // 1

Lyrics: The singer has no skills. At all. Unless you call whining a skill. The songs of this album are not deep or meaningful in any way, or even random and cool, there's one message in all the song, "Give Me Attention!" Seriously, do you think the people who listen to this crap are actually depressed? No. Slitting your wrists isn't suicidal, it's very rare that that'll actually kill anyone. Talking about how crap your life is doesn't mean your depressed. It could mean you want attention. // 1

Overall Impression: The only form of music that is worse than this would have to be rap. That's the only type of music I will compare this too because if I will insult other bands and music genres by comparing simple plan to them. If I actually got this CD for some reason and it was stolen, I would pity the fool who stole it. They should really put a warning note on this disc somewhere "Listening to this crap may lead to a desire to rip off your ears so that you can never hear something like this again". // 1

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: stjimmy1810, on november 23, 2006

Sound: The sound sounds like nothing I have ever heard before. Every song has a dofferent tune, different beat and different style. From the fast rock beat from the song ' Shut Up' to the slow, calm but still just as good 'Untitled'. Each song is different in a good way. // 10

Lyrics: I feel that the lyrics of the song describes the life of some kids very well. For instance, the song 'Jump', track number 7, speaks of being pressured from every side and being sick of all of it and not knowing what to do. therefor, Saying "I just want to jump". The song 'Everytime', track 8, speaks of leaving someone you dearly love.For example, if there is someone that you fall for in school and will do anything to that person and suddenly, you have to leave that school and your love one. And everytime you hear her name or see her face, it would bring back memories of all the good times you had with her when you were younger. You would probably do anything just for one more day with her. I think I would. The songs 'Welcome To My Life' and 'Perfect World' are also similar to the song 'Jump'. Talking about how your world seems to be falling apart and you can't do anything about it, only being able to wish for a perfect world. // 10

Overall Impression: When I compare this album to other artist, most people would say it is not that great. But I for one say that is one of the best things I have ver heard. I am impressed by the way the songs sound. The wonderful guitar solo in the song 'Promise'. The guitar intro in 'Me Against The World' apretty much every single song. I love the lyrics, the sound, the band, Everyting about it. If it was lost/stolen, I would most definately buy it back again. // 10

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: x0xshadylanex0x, on november 01, 2004

Sound: Oh how they have changed, Simple Plan now definately differs from their old pop punk influnce as seen on No Pads No Helmets Just Balls. These guys have gone through a big change and it shows completely on Their new album titled 'Still Not Getting Any...' Songs Like "Crazy" and "Me Against The World" will totally change your mind about this bands 'sappy' sound and 'weak' musicianship. The instrumental/slower tempoed tracks on this album like 'Everytime' will have you on the edge of your seat. // 10

Lyrics: Like I've stated before, these guys have changed tons. The lyrics on this album are just jaw dropping, a completely different Simple Plan. Pierre Bouvier's is just amazing. Songs like "Untitled" and "Perfect World" stir the emotions and songs like "Jump" and "Shut Up" will have your adrenaline up so quickly you wouldnt know what hit you. Bob Rock did a great job producing this album, the way that the lyrics and music are put to gether is just a perfect blend of reliable tunes. // 8

Overall Impression: This CD can seriously change your perception on what you've thought of these guys. The $9.98 you spend on this album is worth it (especially since there is DVD footage of the making of the album!) and the overall album is just impressive. This definately surpasses their old album and gives you a new outlook on Their band. If this CD was stolen or lost, I would totally spend cash to buy 10 new ones, it's great, go get it. // 8

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: The_Roth_KungFu, on november 02, 2004

Sound: I have alwasy like Simple Plan, they're a band who stay true to their music and just play for fun, they don't have any political opinions or anything, they're just a band who likes to have fun and play music. The sound in this album is good, much better than their old albums, it sounds alot more mature and refined. The bassist David Derosier, I've notcied, changed to 2 finger picking instead of strumming. The lead guitar is great, playing catchy riffs, and the rhythm is just awesome, the drummer was also pretty good too. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics, are much more mature, not as much whining as the old album, the singer, piere bouvre, is, I think, a great singer, some people don; 't like his voice, but I think it's perfect for Simple Plan. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this is a great album, a big improvement from their older stuff, if you like blink, greenday, or nfg, you must buy this album, even lots of sum41 fans will buy it. // 10

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: VANILLAICERAWKS, on november 03, 2004

Sound: Overall the musicianship and production is a big step up from No Pads. Theres more song variety here, but I still think No Pads was better to be honest. These songs sound like they were made to just hurry up and put out an album, instead of perfecting them and making them as memorable as possible. // 6

Lyrics: Alot of the lyrics are still typical whiney SP stuff like Shut Up, Welcome To My Life (which has got to be their most fake song yet), and Thank You. But then theirs the brilliant, thoughtful and sincere lyrics of Me Against The World and Crazy (SP's 2 best songs to date). Everything else is mostly boring relationship type songs. // 6

Overall Impression: I gotta be honest I was let down by this album. Some of the songs shined but others just seemed boring and unoriginal. No Pads was overall more memorable and more fun to listen to, although it was plagued by some horrible production thats not found on this album. Still, this isn't particularly a bad album. // 6

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 08, 2004

Sound: Wow! How SP has changed! A good change that is. From their old jr. high whiny style to reality. Putting great lyrics and guitar riffs together this album rocks. Songs like "Crazy" and "Me Against The World" will make your jaw drop. This whole cd will give you a new perspective on SP. // 10

Lyrics: Like I said SP has changed for the better. The lyrics are more mature and real. You can tell these lyrics are sencere and meaning full. Just reading through the lyrics even without the music made my jaw completely drop. They're absoutly amazing. A whole lot better than their previous album. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is by far SP's best album yet. The most impressive songs on this album are "Crazy", "Me Against The World", "One", and "Perfect World". I absoutly love the lyrics and new sound of SP. Like I said totally better than the other albums. Truthfully I think "Shut Up" was the worst song on the album, to me it still seems too jr. highish. But that's my opinion. This album is completely worth the money you spend on it! // 10

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: punkrawkus, on november 11, 2004

Sound: The band has grown up alot since their debut album, no helmets no pads just balls. The sound was the same pop punk sound I expected. Fast guitars, snappy drums and good vocals from the frenchmen. Most songs where pop punk, and one or two might be classified as emo. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics where good. You can definately tell the band is growing up. 'Welcome To My Life' and 'Me Against The World' where probably my favourites off the album. Pierre and Chuck (I think) wrote most of the lyrics. The vocals meld with the guitars amazingly. The lyrics where pretty basic 'the world hates me', 'I can't get a girl' but they where still good. // 8

Overall Impression: The band's sophomore disc is good, sounding almost reminiscent of Blink 182, New Found Glory, and others. You can definately tell the musical background each member comes from. 'Welcome To My Life', 'Shut Up', and 'Me Against The World' where my favourite songs. I love the guitars Jeff actually used more than 3. There is also a dvd on the cd that shows the whole recording process which is cool. The only thing that get slightly annoying is pierres nasily voice, but it can be overcome. If this cd was stolen I'd find the bastard who took it and beat him to death with his own shoes. // 8

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: nell19, on november 15, 2004

Sound: Compared to their first album, this album is no question more mature and more "With The World". The sound of their new songs is unique because most of their songs have guitar solos and different effects. I noticed that that they used the "wah" effects and more. I love Simple Plan's music, and in this album they did a very good job. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics now are more "With The World", and in my opinion is much more better. Also, there are different stories in the song. Pierre, the lead singer is also very talented because I watched the bonus Dvd that came with the Cd package and the producer, Bob Rock, gave him specific instructions. And he did a very good job. // 10

Overall Impression: The most impressive songs in this album are Perfect World and Promise. I think so because as I said before they used different kinds of effects. I really liked that their songs sound different. Some other bands' songs sond the same, all of them sound the same. If it got stolen or lost, I would die. Whenever I am in a boring party or I am just plain bored I always listen to this cd. You can never compare this album to any other. // 10

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 06, 2004

Sound: Well this album was finely recorded thanks to Bob Rock. Many people have said they have changed lots, a new trend in music lately; change. Sure they've changed slightly but they are still the typical "kiddy-safe pop band" they were before. Me Against The World is the heaviest song on this album but its not really heavy and has pretty bad lyrics with a corny sence of 'they're all out to get me', overall though I'd say its their best song. I noticed with a new and set up producer they had access to better equipment, hence the effects they incorperated into their songs. Guitars have improved, good for them. Bass - nothing remarkable about it, I'd like to see more effort. Drums - a let down for this band, just too simple - Simple Plan, I get it now. If the listener dislikes the vocals, what will he/she have if the rest doesn't stand out interesting. Maybe this band relies too much on vocals for their songs. From my experiences listening, I blocked out the vocals and listened to the song instrumentally and lost respect for them. Not very good musicians. Take a lesson from Travis Barker. Vocals haven't changed at all but the lyrics have slightly. // 8

Lyrics: I've never liked Pierre's girly/teen voice and this album hasn't changed my opinion. Some songs on this album have some thoughtful lyrics, but as most kiddy-pop bands are, they usually only write lyrics that appeal to the young audience instead of something "timeless" (make your own meaning of this word). Only some songs have strayed away from the typical basic 'The World Hates Me' and 'I Can't Get The Girl' topics that this style is known for. // 4

Overall Impression: This album is better than "No pads, no helmets, just balls" but they have some more improvement to make before they have respect from a wider audience. You may not think that winning over that 'wider audience' makes a difference but it will in the long run because the band-wagon followers are only temporary fans until something else comes. If it was stolen I'd find the guy, slap him good and frisbee (my remaining CD). "No pads, no helmets, just balls" at him if he likes Simple Plan so much. // 6

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 31, 2005

Sound: Well this album sounds like the other one, will they ever change? // 10

Lyrics: These lyrics are the bomb, no not really but I guarantee most of them rhythm, isn't that something? These lyrics have full depth. No, I'm lieing again arn't I. These guys have a great lifestyle so whats with "Welcome To My Life"? I felt sorry for mr. Pierre thinking he locked his door to escape from reality. I went as far as making a donation for him so we could raise enough money for him to move out of his parents home, but he lied again. Remember that song "I'm Just A Kid"?, facts are hard to face, but he isn't a kid, that makes him a lier. Don't shoot the messenger. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm sorry about this but we have to make a stand against this band. It makes pop music, no not even pop-punk. This band relies more on image than music to sell albums. I also want to point out how funny they look when they jump up, its funny. Well if this album was stolen I would pity the guy who wanted the CD so bad he had to steal. Only for him to find it was in fact a Dance CD. Oh no, now Jolly Roger has to face the boys in blue. // 10

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: simpleplanrox, on february 27, 2005

Sound: I personally really like Simple Plan's music style. It's clear, loud, and gets to the point, sometimes nicely hidden behind some good poetic devices, and words. The voice of Pierre, is quite good, and suits Simple Plan's music style perfectly. It has its own sound, unlike some other bands which all sound like screaming and weird guitar solos. The guitar is also very good, and the backup vocals go well with how their songs are put together. An excellent CD. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in this CD have their own style. I admit, their music and lyrics may not always appeal to everyone, but to me, it really got my attension, and the lyrics are very catchy. They go will with the music, usually ryming which isnt good nor bad, but like I said it goes well with the music, it doesn't seems to be trying to fit 10 words into one short line, lets say. Pierres voice is very good, yet you have to have the taste for it. It goes very well with Simple Plans style of music. // 8

Overall Impression: Simpel Plan easily beats some of those new unexperienced bands, and is even up there with some of the best around the same style, like Green Day, Yellowcard, or Sum 41. I think the most impressive songs on the CD is Welcome To My Life, Promise, Crazy, and Perfect World. (All Of Them Are Good Though). I don't really hate anything about the CD. What I like, is how they're different, and even though they don't appeal to everyone, they have their own style. If it were stolen or lost, I would definitely get this CD again. // 10

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: jklsadj;sadjfak, on march 21, 2005

Sound: This CD is very produced sounding. Meaning it sound clean with perfect recording quality. It's fast, with some very catchy riffs. Nice use of acoustic guitars. Despite the downer lyrics, it's very fun sounding. Songs like "Jump" and "Thank You" are fast and entergetic and will leave any pop punk fan smiling. "Promise" has a great guitar solo, for all you that said simple plan cant write one. One problem with it - it's short. Only 11 songs. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are the bad part of this CD. Though they me be a little catchy at times, they are mosltly discustingly whiney. Like "Welcome To My Life" is a total downer, and says nothing but whine about how life aint fair. There are a couple good songs for lyics like "Jump" is fun and with no complaining. The singer has a great, clear voice. Once again, it's not him that sounds whiney, it's his lyics. // 4

Overall Impression: I would recomend this for any Blink 182, Bowling For Soup, or pop-punk fan. It beats their previous release as far as catchines goes by a mile. To sum it all up: music - good, lyrics - bad. I reccomend you download the standout tracks, rather than buying it because it is so short. The best are Shut Up, Thank You, Jump, and Promise. And remember these guys just graduated high school, theyre only 19. They are the real thing, not these 35 year old pop-punk bands pretending to be kids. Overall, if you liked simple plans "no helmet, no pads, just balls" CD, you'll like this. // 8

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 05, 2005

Sound: I think Simple Plans new album is a completley different sound to No Pads, No Helmets, Just Balls. It is more rock than pop. There is more heavy guitar riffs and more strong intros. I would say that a lot of the songs sound the same except for the few exceptions such as Welcome To My Life and Untitled. I feel it isn't as good as there first album but they have changed their sound a lot. // 6

Lyrics: I love the lyrics to every song on this album. They are all fantastic. I especially like the lyrics to Welcome To My Life, Untitled, Perfect World and Shut Up. Pierre did well as both a songwriter and a singer. I think that every person could relate to at least one of the songs on this album. // 10

Overall Impression: I do like this album but I feel their previous album was much better. I think the most impressive song for me is Welcome To My Life as I can relate to it but I dislike Jump, Promise and Crazy. If it were to get stolen or I lost it I probably would buy it again but I wouldn't rush to get it. Overall I think it is a good album but it is a bit repetetive. // 6

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: Mike_rocka_boy, on may 16, 2005

Sound: I liked the sound on this album. It was awesome although a couple of the songs sound a bit the same paticularly at the start, like Crazy and Perfect World. The title of the album would appeal to you once you listen to the lyrics. As I do have to admit basically all their songs are complaining about one thing or the other altho thats what music is about. Stuff from the heart. // 8

Lyrics: I really like the lyrics and they're awesome. The lyrics tie in with the music well. But as most singers they could learn how to sing properly and get a lot better. The singers voice is a little whiney. // 10

Overall Impression: Although they are obviously different to Green Day and Blink 182 they are still punk. The most impressive songs on the album would be Shut Up, Perfect World, Crazy, One and Perfect (this is live and is originally from their previous album: No Helmets, No Pads, Just Balls. If I lost this album or it was stolen I would definately go buy it again. There's something I love about it which you never get sick of it. Although I have only had it just over 2 weeks (from when I'm writing this) it is the best album I own as to how many favourite songs you have on it. On American Idiot there are a couple of awesome tracks; American Idiot, JOS, Holiday and BOBD but on Still Not Getting Any there's a bunch of awesome songs on there which would even impress metal fans. To wrap up I would reccomend this album heaps. // 10

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 06, 2005

Sound: Simple Plans sound is brilliant! You cannot beat it! The guitarists sounds are just so tight it sounds perfect. There is a good use of different effects which makes the album have a lot mare variable sounds so each track sounds different. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are simply great! They are so insirpational and they actually mean something. This skill is very hard to achieve and if ytou actually listen to the lyrics of other bands, the lyrics don't make sence or don't mean anything! The lyrics and the music fit well together! The vocalists skills are just unbelievalbe. He has such a good vocal range which allows the music 2 have good variations. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is very diffrent to their previous album "No Helmet, No Pads... Just Balls". Although the sound is very much the same, the overall feelings of the songs are very much different. The songs on this album are much darker than the previous album! // 10

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: daviddesrosiers, on june 30, 2005

Sound: The music is great really. The sound to me is inspiring me to keep on doing what I am. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are funny in some songs. To me anyway proballt because I can relate to them. The lyrics fit the music well or the music fits the lyrics well. That also inspires me to keep on going (I'm in a band and sometimes it's like being married to two guys and a girl). But the music is almost telling me to stay in the band. The skills of Pierre Bouvier is just outstanding! I don't think the singer of my band will ever be as good as Pierre (Pierre was like born to sing). // 10

Overall Impression: If I compare this band to any other Simple Plan would be my top choice, by far. The most impressive songs are "Shut Up," "Perfect World," and "Thank You." I love this band, and everything about it and I kind of know how it feels, being in a band, it's hard sometimes, but the people(or fans)just keep cheering for you and that makes you feel great. That's probally why Simple Plan is still polaying. I hate nothing about this band. And if it got stolen or lost, I would so buy it again! // 10

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 15, 2005

Sound: Alright, I think this CD is very good, and very respectable. I think it is a hell of a lot better then their previous CD, No Pads, No Helmets, Just Balls. This CD is alot more mature musically and lyrically. There is plenty of variation on this CD. There are slow songs, slower songs, heavier songs, poppier songs etc. The vocals are really good. Pierre shows a lot of range, a long with all of the other instruments. I just wanted to add that Simple Plan is one of the best bands you will ever hear live. They put on a really good show, they sound the same, if not better then they do on the CD. They show a lot of energy and really get the crowd going besides, if you have actually seen an interview or seen Simple Plan being themselves, the music makes sense that it is coming from them and they are really great guys that don't give a f--k, and just want to make good music and party their asses off. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this record are really good. They are a lot more mature than their previous record. Yes, you might thing that they need to stop whining and sing about something else. But their songs are really relatable to all ages and sexes. Anyone can relate to their songs. If you think their music is geared toward 12 year old girls, you're wrong. Sure, 12 year old girls might listen to them, but I'm proof. I'm 20 and a junior in college and I listen to Simple Plan. // 10

Overall Impression: They have their own thing going on. I like all of them. I love everything about it. I would buy it again in a f--king hearbeat. // 10

Still Not Getting Any... Reviewed by: kfong03, on october 03, 2006

Sound: Punk is my favourite genre, and Simple Plan's version of it is okay, the band can fuse classic punk with a few unique elements. They've toured with such bands as The Used, Green Day, Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Rancid, Yellowcard, etc. So they've definitely learnt some good tricks, but I don't think this album shows SP as an extremely good band. Some songs are good, but the a number of them don't sound like anything, the band themselves aren't really special, the singing's just above average, the drumming is basic compared to Yellowcard, Blink 182, Green Day, Nirvana, so on. Guitars show a few very good riffs and effects, but the majority is just average common punk rock. Simple Plan is a just-above-average-near-very-good punk rock band in terms of sound. // 7

Lyrics: Lyrics are okay, like the sound, some of them are really good, while others just suck, in "Thank You" they try to be grunge but they fail, "Me Against The World" is pretty much the same. Other songs are okay, not really a lot I can say about the lyrics. But I can definitely name other bands that write better lyrics: Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Yellowcard, Green Day. // 7

Overall Impression: In conclusion, this is an average album that you can add to your collection if you want to, but if you want really special stuff, you can look somewhere else, the sound and lyrics will dissapoint you if you're a prestigous punk listener, but if you're not, this album won't go too high on your list of favourites. If simple plan continue like this, they'll remain an average punk band. // 8

More Simple Plan reviews rating latest review