A Kiss In The Dreamhouse Review

artist: siouxsie and the banshees date: 07/04/2011 category: compact discs
siouxsie and the banshees: A Kiss In The Dreamhouse
Released: Nov 5, 1982
Genre: Post-Punk
Label: Polydor (UK & Europe), Geffen/Warner Bros. (USA)
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
A Kiss In The Dreamhouse Reviewed by: swave75, on july 04, 2011

Sound: Siouxsie And The Banshees experiment a lot on this release. And I guess due to that they considered this to be their best until "Peepshow". I actually think "Juju", "Hyaena", and "Tinderbox" are their best. "A Kiss In The Dreamhouse" is the last release to feature John McGeoch on guitar. They use a recorder on the song "Greeen Fingers", organ on "Painted Bird", harmonica on "Slowdive" as far as experimenting goes. The whole album has strange echoes throughout it. // 8

Lyrics: Siouxsie writes six of the tracks with bassist Steven Severin writing the other three. Like I said, they experimented heavily on this album. The strange beginning of "Painted Bird" is really awesome. "Cascade" sounds like a throwback from "Juju". It is sad that this is the last release to featured McGeoch. He really was the most artistically motivated guitar player in the Banshees history. While I said I prefer other releases by The Banshees, this is one that grows on me with every listen. // 8

Overall Impression: Looking back on it, this is probably their strangest album... And that says a lot! I would say "Painted Bird" and "Cascade" are hands down my favorite songs on this album. Not a big fan of the song "Cocoon". Should have been a b-side. If it were stolen I would buy it again since I love "Painted Bird" a lot. // 8

More Siouxsie And The Banshees reviews rating latest review