Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead Review

skinless: Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead
Released: 2006
Genre: Brutal Death Metal
Label: Relapse Records
Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead is the fourth studio album from death metal band Skinless and first to feature new singer Jason Keyser.
 9.3
 8.7
 9.8
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead Reviewed by: mafoogles, on april 23, 2009

Sound: Skinless is an amazing band, one of the heaviest bands I have ever heard. The sound of this album is amazing, the guitars are really thick, but don't sound like a jumbled mess, and some of the riffs feel like they jump out of the speaker and grab your stomach, it is literally gut wrenching at times.this is a death metal band based around making the heaviest grooves possible, and in that field they definatley succeed. The vocals are great, but more on that later. The drumming isnt anything technically incredible, although they get fairly crazy at times, but the drummer has a fantastic sense of groove, and it definatley adds a lot to the bands sound. And as an added bonus, they use some great samples at the beggining of a bunch of their songs, and they make you laught but are a great way to start the songs. Overall, I give it a 9, simply because there is little variety, but it's still amazing. // 9

Lyrics: Skinless is a band where lyrics don't matter much on the first liste, if you can understand a ful line from one of these songs, props to you because I cant. He adds a great sense of anger to the songs, though. And honestly, this is a death metal band, so you can't expect to understand the vocals. However, as you can tell from some of the song titles, the lyrics are about war, so yah, nothing groundbreaking there. I give it an 8 because there is absolutley no variety in the scream, and although it does sound great, it is not the best vocals I have ever heard // 8

Overall Impression: Buy this album! It's really heavy, and definatley worth it. If it was stolen (although that's impossible because I bought it off itunes) I wouldn't go find the guy and kick his ass, I would let him keep it and just buy myself another country, so another person could own this great cd. I know I'm a little late on my review, but go get this album, for any death metal fan it will not disapoint! // 9

Comments