Everything Perfect On The Wrong Day Review

8.8
 9.5
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Everything Perfect On The Wrong Day Reviewed by: Amuro Jay, on july 03, 2008

Sound: Well, the first time I popped this CD in, I had no idea what I was in for. It's the first time I've ever heard electronica and metalcore ever fused together. This whole CD was written and recorded by two guys in someones room, but the production quality is so good you would think that they were a full band in a real studio. So for a first CD, this is pretty impressive. Back to the actual sound. Sky Eats Airplane has a pretty unique sound, they can be heavy and aggressive, and at other times they are lighthearted and fun. Each track has its own special sound. You could listen to Patterns and then She is just a Glitch and not even think they were the same band. But really, the most interesting point is that they blend electronica (or techno, I don't really know the difference) into their music. In the first song Patterns the beginning sounds like an intro to some kind of scifi movie, the screams kick in, and then just as you get used to it, everything switches to something you might have heard on Sonic the Hedgehog. This record has a little bit of videogame influence, you can hear it on Giants in the Ocean. It's actually really fun to listen to. I don't think I've ever enjoyed listening to keyboards this much (other than in some symphonic/power metal bands). But not everything is all heavy. My favorite track on the disc is She is just a Glitch. it's a soft acoustic track. The singer still screams a bit in this, so it's kind of awkward at points, but for the most parts this song has clean vocals. Points for innovation to these guys. Their style is all over the place. // 9

Lyrics: Most of the time the lyrics are unintelligible due to the screams, but that's what happens in most core based music. But when the lyrics can be understood, they're not too bad. The singer has an alright scream, and his clean vocals are pretty good too. Sometimes however, the vocals seem a little too forced, like he's trying too hard. Sometimes he even sounds like he's whining. These guys make the vocals work though. Even when the music is changing styles underneath and the vocal style stays the same, it works. It all fits together pretty well. // 7

Overall Impression: I don't think there's any other artist in this genre to compare them to. Forgive me if I'm wrong though. I'm new to the whole hardcore/electronica fusion. There's not much to complain about on this album. There's a lot of variety in the sound, and there's something for everybody here. To get a good feel of this band, listen to these songs: Patterns, Honest Hitchhikers, Giants In The Ocean, and She Is Just A Glitch. While some of these tracks can wear thin, there are a few songs on this CD that are just gold. // 8

Comments