Undisputed Attitude Review

slayer: Undisputed Attitude
Released: May 28, 1996
Genre: Thrash Metal/Punk/Hardcore
Label: American Recordings
This one is a weird album. It's kind of cover album but it also has their own songs. If you're looking for thrash metal, turn back. This is just a punk cover album with 3 Slayer songs which aren't even good.
 6.7
 7.2
review (1) 16 comments vote for this album:
Undisputed Attitude Reviewed by: zannibal, on january 18, 2012

Sound: This one is a weird album. It's kind of cover album but it also has their own songs. Covers are from different punk songs and you can tell it easily by looking at the length of songs - 6 first songs, each one lasts less than 2 minutes. So basically it's just punk with Tom Araya in lyrics. Even their own songs, "Ddamm" and "Can't Stand You", are pretty punk stylish. I have only listened to "Reign In Blood" and "South Of Heaven" albums, so I don't know did they change their style, but this doesn't sound anything like Slayer. Even the "Gemini" song, which seems to be only serious one, sounds more like Metallica. // 7

Lyrics: Singing is pretty much yelling and screaming. Not typical Araya style. Well, at least he can sing fast. Can't really say much about this. I guess this gives a bit more aggressive sound to songs. I really don't listen punk except Sex Pistols so I don't really know do they scream their lungs out in Punk. // 7

Overall Impression: Only thing I can say is... Was this some kind of joke? Or something they just wanted to do for fun. If you're looking for thrash metal, turn back. This is just a punk cover album with 3 Slayer songs which aren't even good. I also don't like the sound of guitars or the drums in this album. It gives me some kind of "Metallica in 2000's" feeling. I would only recommend this if you wanted to hear punk with Araya singin. // 6

More Slayer reviews rating latest review
+ Haunting The Chapel [EP] 9 12/15/2011