Far From Nowhere Review

slick shoes: Far From Nowhere
Released: Jul 8, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk-Pop
Far from Nowhere proves that the lyrics can be universal, but it also suggests that God likes catchy choruses and crazy metal-meets-hardcore breakdowns.
 9.1
 8.2
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Far From Nowhere Reviewed by: SURFraptor7, on august 25, 2004

Sound: Slick Shoes is the best punk band I have ever heard. Period. The drummer is awesome, the bass is also very good, the rhythm guitar is good and the lead guitar is incredible. There is at least one lead riff in every song and the solos are fluent, fast and just plain awesome. The lyrics are also good. All of the songs are interesting and fast-flowing. My favorite CD in my collection by far! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of this album are very well-written. Some songs are stereotypical songs about relationships, but they are still very original and fit with the music perfectly. The singer's voice is good and he really adds perfect emotion to the music. Most of the lyrics on this album are very inspirational and uplifting. I have never been sad after listening to this CD. There is not a single depressing song on this CD, which is awesome. Great Lyrics! // 10

Overall Impression: This CD rocks! It beats any other punk band that I have ever heard by far. I would have to say that every single song on the CD is incredible they are all my favorite. The lyrics of "Once Again" are probably my favorite, simply because I can relate to it. But musically, every track is awesome. I love everything about this CD and if it were stolen, I would immediately go to the store and get another copy. If I was broke, I would steal another copy! // 10

Comments