Mate Feed Kill Repeat Review

slipknot: Mate Feed Kill Repeat
Released: July 13, 1997
Genre: Rock
Styles: Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal, Rap-Metal
This album remains an impressive listen, even if the formative group is still struggling to find a patented aesthetic.
 7.9
 8.7
Mate Feed Kill Repeat Reviewed by: talirak, on january 06, 2006

Sound: This album was made in 1995 since then the line-up changed as corey became vocalist and mick became first guitarist. In this album there is a heavy drum but slow and the guitar was very heavy it looked more like hard then metal but one thing to notice is that a lot of songs on the other albums are about the same guitar as in Mate Feed Kill Repeat (killers are quiet that became IOWA and Slipknot that has the same riff as SIC). It isn't quite as good as on the other cds but it has a great sound and there is one song really not like the others it is conffessions it is not what I thought Slipknot could do. Just for this song this album is something you should buy and also for the solos that are great. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are less personnal that on the other cds there is one song that is different of the others but the others are not that good. And Anders Colsefni the lead vocal at the moment don't have the quality of the voice of Corey the only thing great is in gently when he really screams his haed off its just great, but his music style is more like confessions. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is not like the others albums but to really know Slipknot you have to buy this album the most impressive song is probably confessions because it is really different of slipknots original style. I love that it is different but I don't like the fact that the riffs are always almost the same and it isnt really as good as the ones on the new CDs. But if I lost this CD I think I won't go buy a new one I would go listen to it at my friends house. // 8

Mate Feed Kill Repeat Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 28, 2004

Sound: The sound of this album is very raw and extremely different to todays version of Slipknot, they had a different singer back then, Paul Grey, his voice is so much deeper and and feels more maturer than Corey Taylor, and had only six members at that time. There change from verse to chorus seems so significant as there is a mild run up and seems to be an immediate change. The album consists of eight tracks and some you may have heard from their self titled album released in 1997. The guitars on this album have been downtuned so far that its closer to death metal than industrial. This album suprises you as it takes the tracks much further and to a different level from the Slipknot you know and love today which can be proved in the track "Do Nothing/Bitchslap" which starts off as thrash metal then moves onto funk, with its catchy riffs and jingling tunes. "Tattered And Torn" is a better known track from the album "Slipknot" but in this approach is much faster with a more earier and raw take on the jack in the box introduction. The most amazing track the album has to offer is "Killers Are Quiet" which lasts 20 minutes in length, it takes you on a ride from being mellow and having eerie effects in the background such as the sound of a blade swinging and crunching noises. their styles would be Heavy Metal, Alternative metal, Industrial Metal and Rap-Metal. // 10

Lyrics: The sound of Paul's voice is much more significant than that of Corey's where he can create an effect in his voice where he can pitch the note he is making in a sort of vibrato effect. The lyrics are very similar to those on the other slipknot albums but the voice is so much deeper and aggressive. The styles occuring in the tracks are sarcastic, brutal, hate filled, murderous and menacing. // 8

Overall Impression: You can not compare this to other Slipknot titles because it sounds completely different. The most impressive tracks on the album would be "Slipknot", "Gently", "Do Nothing/Bitchslap" and "Killers Are Quiet". If this album was to be stolen I would be very pissed because the album cost four times more than a regular album and is so rare to find, plus it is so good that I may have to decapitate the guy's legs at the knee. To be honest there is nothing I hate about this album but I am a massive Slipknot fan and this rare LP is a must for any slipknot fan, but thats if you can get hold of a copy! // 10

More Slipknot reviews rating latest review
+ Slipknot 8.7 05/28/2012