All Star Smash Hits Review

smash mouth: All Star Smash Hits
Release Date: Aug 23, 2005
Label: Interscope
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock, Post-Grunge, Ska-Punk, Pop/Rock
Smash Mouth's "Greatest Hits" compilation entitled All Star Smash Hits includes 20 Smash Mouth recordings (most of the singles, four cover tunes and four previously "soundtrack-only" songs).
 7.3
 5.6
review (1) 17 comments vote for this album:
All Star Smash Hits Reviewed by: Stevie B, on may 09, 2006

Sound: It has stheir original ska-punk sound and also has a lot of their natural rock sound on. It is basically a greatest hits showcasing all of their best songs. Good yet simple guitar work and their ska based songs sound excellent. There are quite a few of covers on this record but I think thats just something they wanted to do. // 9

Lyrics: I like the lyrics on this record they have quite a bit of meaning and can get quite deep on songs like Waste and just funny such as on Walkin' On The Sun which is a hippie piss-take. The singer is quite good and his voice suits all of the kinds of music they play whether its pop, rock or ska. // 9

Overall Impression: It is good for people that don't own any Smash Mouth CD's as it will let them listen to all of their best songs rather than their mediocre ones. I love the poppy tracks such as All Star and Walkin On The Sun which are so fun to listen to but also all the cover songs included such as Why Cant We Be Friends and I'm A Believer which I'm my opinion are better than the originals. At 20 tracks it's also nice and long which means a lot of good listening. If it was stolen or lost I would get it again as it's a great album to have. // 9

More Smash Mouth reviews rating latest review