Where You Are Review

socialburn: Where You Are
Release Date: Feb 11, 2003
Label: Elektra
Genres: Alternative Metal, Post-Grunge
This is their debut on Elektra and is packed with muscular, melodic masterpieces produced by John Kurzweg.
 4.4
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Where You Are Reviewed by: woody99, on june 12, 2006

Sound: With a heavy rock sound, great mix of guitar, bass, and drums, this album demonstrates a truely great work of musical fusion. The main thing that sticks out is the great melodies and riffs in the songs. Every song on this CD is a fine example of their greatest abilities. Socialburn presents the listener with easy-to-listen-to music while expressing themselves in very creative ways. You won't find much shredding on this album, most of the solos are slow going, but match with the other instruments superbly. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are another thing that stand out. Mainly singing about your typical "Girl" stuff, they can be compared to other bands somewhat. The difference where I would draw the line between the work on this album and other bands is that the lyrics match almost flawlessly with the instrumentals. They fuse to create one hell of a chemistry, so to speak. Now you may be thinking, "Girl stuff? Does this dude sound like a whiney little freak dying for attention?" The answer is no, thankfully. He has a wide range of vocal capabilities, mostly consisting of a more "bass" tone than anything else. In my opinion, he suits the band's music and image perfectly. // 7

Overall Impression: This is, without a doubt one of my most favorite CDs. I saw them live after purchasing the album, and they are deffinantly one of the best bands to see live. The album is just so easy to relate to, which is hard to come by nowadays. The most impressive songs to me are "Ashes", and "U". They demonstrate incredible music. It's just so perfect. If I had to replace this album, I would in a hearbeat, without a doubt. I highly encourage anyone to buy this. // 10

More Socialburn reviews rating latest review
+ The Beauty Of Letting Go 8.4 11/23/2005