One Night In Bangkok Review

sodom: One Night In Bangkok
Released: 2003
Genre: Thrash metal
Label: Steamhammer
It's fun to listen to this album until you realize, if you have known Sodom before, that there's a significant lack of tracks.
 4.2
 8.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
One Night In Bangkok Reviewed by: Surrogator, on february 25, 2011

Sound: Sodom is loud, brutal and fast. The we want thrash metal to be. Needless to say that at least a few tracks of them are a must in your thash playlist. "One night in Bangkok" is a piece of livethrash just as you expect it to be. But then, there is the title track, and if you remember the 1980s, you laugh your bum off! For me, the sound sounds some kind of remastered a bit too much. But on the other hand, you can crank it, there's no risk your speakers will rip due to of the usual live sounds. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are, well, Sodom. It's war, it's hate, it's Sodom. Not much more, not much less. Everything else is, again, as expected: aggressive. Mr Angelrippers skills might lack a bit, but well, did I mention, it's loud? It might be not everybodys taste, though, anti-war songs? Me like! // 7

Overall Impression: Fun. It's fun to listen to this album until you realize, if you have known Sodom before, that there's a significant lack of Tracks. To be honest, "remember the fallen" burns out of you speakers as it always did, "ausgebombt" is also very good, even the cover of Mothead's "ace of spades" is great, but where is "bombenhagel"? Where is "don't walk away"? Where is "Incest"? For me, it's just solid. I like it, but I miss the songs which made Sodom big. Anyway its still 8 for me. // 8

More Sodom reviews rating latest review
+ Agent Orange 8.9 11/03/2013